• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Yeah, that's the pitot tube :)

According to uncle bobs turbo bike page,the pitot tube (which goes to float bowls) acts as a restriction to the incoming air, and will see slightly higher pressure than rest if carbs, to help richen the mixture when on boost.

That's my understanding of how it works,

So maybe a smaller pitot would give less richness lol ?

I know people use the fuel filters to dampen boost gauges so figured it may work for boost feed to carbs. I guess all you need really is to introduce a little restriction in the boost pipes to carbs

That's an idea too, got few things to try now.

I've rotated turbo and moved alternator now so I can put my actuator back on too. Don't think it'll handle 20 psi for long!

really? damn, you will need to have more protection/security for your car now. just incase if someone will take it. :s especially gypsies and pikeys FFS!

No one can start my car but me :D

There's a certain way off getting it to start that many people have laughed at me while doing it.

It's off no use to anyone but me, bet it was a a scrap mam
yea it could be though. i left my two spare car batteries, faulty gearbox and worn out driver seat with subframe. (i was about to take this subframe out) someone took all of them ffs (there are alot of metal scrap people around in my area. :()

there is a bad new recently for me.... my dad forget to lock his car late night so someone came and took my little brother's new trainers and £540 coins.:( my area is so nice people and quietly too. i don't know why these people are so bad and to commit their crimes too. they came in another night again so my brother was awake overnight. he opened the window then swore to them. they were literally ran off.

In the summer time, i will need to put more security and protection.

theres loads of pikeys round here does my head in every time im working on the car i have to take everything back in the house when i want a brew :mad:

ever wonder'd why theirs antiquity from around the world here,,you recon they've been borrowed?,,,,,,,,,,,phehehehe try wondering and pondering sometimes it may answer some of your deepest thoughts ,,,,if you ever have them :)

Thanks!
Still waiting on these jets to arrive to try out.
Bit worried bout the blue smoke that comes somtimes too :-/

you got a lot further than i thought you would mate ;) it sounds great :)
i,ve had plenty of cars that were quick off the mark, but you cant beat a tubby for 4th or 5th gear overtaking tho eh :D

Haha yeah, the BOV pushes it up when it goes up.
I stole the spring from bonnet catch to keep wastegate shut untill I made a bracket for the actuator :D

Not been to bad so far, had to stop at an allotment and borrow some water, radiator hose had little hole in it!

My swirl pot thing I made seems to be leaking fuel too round the threads I cut into it, I've got loads of old co2 cans I kept so I can make a better version.

This thing under the yellow wire was smoking to whilst I was changing the hose, I've taken the spade connectors of to let it cool down,

What is it and why would it be smoking?

5evaje5a.jpg

Also, there's a plume of blue smoke on hard acceleration, jus as I put my foot down, I can't tell if its still coming out whilst at speed, only notice it once I've put foot down and between gears sometimes :(

Any thoughts?

On a good note, turbos are fricking awesome! :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366995796.036776.jpg

Il check those later then

Always wanted to have ago at rebuilding an engine, maybe not as soon as now

How hard is it?

Feeler gauge, vernier caliper :) All the tools you need are useful for loads of other things so you will already have them or its worth getting them :) (except maybe the ring compressor...I picked mine up a boot sale for £1)

Sweet!

Il have to read through the Haynes manual that micrade (thanks again) gave me
Don't know what happened to my reply :confused:
Anyway, what I said was, you're very welcome re: manual and as Frank says, you'll piss a rebuild after what you've achieved so far :D

That costs money, that I've blown on insurance. Plus I wanna learn new things so rebuild would be more fun :)
Best way of doing it mate. So much fun rebuilding. Harmonic damper puller, torque wrenches, ring compressor, gasket maker, gunk, locktite, valve removal tools, engine stand would be a luxury. lots of light... That's wat I learned. Also a wide work top. Great fun looking forward to my next rebuild.

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

I live in a first floor flat, with no space, the misses went mad after I rebuilt the carbs in the front room!

I was thinking of getting an engine stand....... And sneaking it into the workshop and take over a corner, I've only jus got rid of the last mess I left in there from all the stuff I've been making :D so he'll be we'll chuffed!

Back