• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Jus a thought lol

Would it be worth it?

What about different cam profile?

I literally have no idea about cams

are you sure you have no leaks neil ? i removed the hose from the turbo outlet and fitted a small compressor to it to listen for leaks on my build

Il give that a try, but all seems good,

I'm gunna look at removing as much of the cold pipe as possible and taking out some bends, make it flow better.

Could try running without intercooler, you're only running low boost aren't you?
+1 you have about 20L of volume to compress between the turbo and carbs eh neil, my chargepipe is similar to this one, which gives a better throttle response eh

jap.jpg

Had a quick play about,

Took intercooler of and lots of pipe

This is all the pipe I have now

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365092223.192445.jpg

Quicker coming on boost for sure

Done a quick video too, shouldn't really be out :(

I think my rev counter is lieing to me too says I'm doing 7k when it's still pulling, have I wired it wrong?

Anyway, if I feed in throttle it's boosts up fine, but when it's wot, it sputters and struggles to pick up revs

Not sure if you can see in video, only get to use 2 gears as its a short road and I'm not being a knob and driving t flat out, is just a test

sounds great to me neil :cool: and about 7k eh

Still no exhaust. Jus turbo down pipe thing I made. :D

Il have to figure out the data logger thing on this lc1 contraption to see why it splutters when at WOT, kinda hard to look at gauges and drive at sane time

Thinking of mounting intercooler here

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365178796.936385.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365178809.653710.jpg

But a lot neater, make it sit we're grill should go :)

, this way I can use intercooler and doesn't use that much pipe, jus a couple of bends.

not sure about the mug on the roof , wouldn't be to my liking, however the intercooler , mounted properly could look pretty cool there, :p:D

Saw a metro turbo, with same idea, looked badass, plus this way turbo bolts straight on with no pipe, then there's only a short length between I/c to plenum, so should still keep lag down

Knocked up a quick alternator bracket so I can move it to whee I think there was an air con pump or something.
Anyway....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365610482.685825.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365610504.734847.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365610526.768037.jpg

Gives a lot more room, jus need to take a nibble out of cam belt cover and make a tensioner and that'll be done :)

Finished plumbing up intercooler in its new home. About 3 foot less pipe than before!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365792713.519880.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365792752.468855.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365792777.802662.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365792806.135078.jpg

Picked up a k11 radiator from scrappy for £20 c/w fan too. Fits in nicely.

Still gotta put alternator tensioner on and find a belt.

Took it out quickly to see if everything work ok, here's a video too.

Got better readings now I solved exhaust leak, not sure if you can tell from phone video, also I've purposefully jus stayed in second gear, the rev counter goes all the way round once I've lifted off the throttle, why is this? Engine doesn't sound like its doing over 8k revs ! Have I wired it wrong somewhere?

Also, need to sort out wastegate, think I hit about 18-20 psi at some points! And it sure as hell felt like it too! :D

Seriously tho, not smart.........;)

No, I linked all necessary lives together and earths together, fed long cables unserneath and thru passenger footwell and out of hole I drilled in dash, jus enough room to get hands in there

this has come on a long way since i was last on here lol. awesome work mate sounds cool as hell. yeah i would run the rev counter earth to a separate earthing point mate.

this has come on a long way since i was last on here lol. awesome work mate sounds cool as hell. yeah i would run the rev counter earth to a separate earthing point mate.

Thanks, still running to rich, waiting on new jets, il try separate earth and see if that cures it.

Thanks, still running to rich, waiting on new jets, il try separate earth and see if that cures it.
you might need to damper the boost feed to the carb floats neil ? they are probably getting a surge of pressure before the dashpots can respond (and over-richening as a result)

Back