• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

New it was gunna happen, but not like that, grrrrrr

As soon as I pressed clutch down, revs went mental, and new straight away it wasn't gunna be good!

Ginna do it now!

Only question, hiw do drive shafts come off lol

I've gotta be able to take engine and box out, them be able to push home

Only question, hiw do drive shafts come off lol

They are held into the gearbox by a c retaining clip thats sitting in a groove about an inch from the end of each shaft. A decent pull / jolt with a pry bar will get them loose.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367593220.716450.jpg

Where do I pry from? Remove clip?

And don't forget we want lots of pics, destruction and everything ;) Shame about how it went though, problem with throttle linkage on bike carbs? :(

Do I have to take it out the cv joint first?

The driveshaft? no mate the CV & shaft you can take out together, have you got the wheel on full lock & hub detached from the suspension strut? You might need this done to give you room to remove it.

Is this just to get the car home?

Might be easier just to put it in neutral, clutch in & push it?

pork thats fair going to have the engine out, !!! fair play man, haha lol im sure your girlfriend is delighted :p i dont think mine would be so obliging :p

Police was ok, jus wondering what I was up too, couldn't leave car at workshop, it'll get nicked by scrapman!

Question is now..........repair.......or cg13 with turbo bike carbs?

Haha!

I'm actually on eBay now looking at engines

Goin by other turbo builds on here, cg13 is gunna be better for turbo.

Which year should I be looking for? I wanna use all my bike carbs and turbo stuff, no ecu's

So gunna have to modify ma10 dizzy, and think I have to rotate gear linkage 180 degrees, I think, new mounts

In my dream world I would love to have a CG13 in my Super S K10 with Super Turbo bonnet. Would be awesome. I will be doing it in a few years.

Man that's some bad luck. Same happened to mine when it's was being "run in" but I think the rev limiter saved it from destruction. At least when you do a conversation then most of your turbo and carbs bits will just need to be altered slightly.

Jus new manifolds in and out, and it'll all be on.

Only problems I can think off is modifying ma10 dizzy to fit cg head and gear linkage

What are you using for ignition on your bike carbs?

Jus new manifolds in and out, and it'll all be on.

Only problems I can think off is modifying ma10 dizzy to fit cg head and gear linkage

What are you using for ignition on your bike carbs?
Someone modified a CG13 to fit into a K10 just by keeping the MA10 gearbox/running gear in and fitting the engine. He only had to modify the drivers side engine mount apparently.

Stripped.

Do things properly this time, even gunna spray engine bay, not sure what colour? Suggestions?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367681114.920627.jpg

Stripped.

Do things properly this time, even gunna spray engine bay, not sure what colour? Suggestions?

View attachment 22460
Man after my own heart. Best thing to do really. Learn from your mistakes and all that. BTW I have claimed crème and orange. So stay off :D

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Turquoise, purple and lime would go with your colour I reckon. Lime is pushing it.

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Couple of questions for the more knowledgable.

If I'm using carbs still, and possibly megajolt ignition, would I still need the distributor modelled engine?

And it's defiantly the k11 cg10 gearbox and flywheel I want?

Back