Gave this a try

View attachment 24791

View attachment 24793

View attachment 24792

View attachment 24794

View attachment 24795

3yry8yva.jpg

Not to sure now :( opinions

Anyway, went to drive off, forgot bonnet pins, floored it and bye bye bonnet!!!

Oooops lol

View attachment 24796

View attachment 24797

Luckily it landed ok-ish

Love that mate looks awesome!

Finished all coilover work today

So..... From start to finish

This is my way, copy this at your own risk people!

Rears, cut down bush to correct width of k10 mount, that is all that's needed

View attachment 23976

just done this with one , aint getting it to line up with where it shoould be , its touching off the back axle and at that its still not lining up with the hole it needs to go into , had you this problem or have you any suggestions? i know you said try at your own risk which i did :p hopefully i dont end up with a butchered coilover which wont fit :(

nevermind , if i hadnt been so stupid i would have jacked the axle up to where it should be and they fit perfect ! :p
Sorry mate. Didn't see this, glad you fixed it :)

Been a bit quiet with the updates....asked girlfriend to marry me so had to buy ring and stuff so now I'm skint.!

Only thing I've managed to do is change my rotten headlight

evumyta5.jpg

yquqyjaq.jpg

Rumble from nearside wheel when turning left is scaring me now!
Unsure whether I've put the engine mount in the wrong place now :(

In two minds whether to stick with this car, with all its dents, mangled rear arch, and dodgy paint.......or get new car and transfer parts over

Hmmmm

JAE is a no go now, I dare not drive it in this state, what with the rumble, clutch and lack off exhaust
Tax, mot, and insurance is all coming to an end at end off month too :(

I think cheapest option is to get a car with a decent body, and swap parts over

Your thoughts people

I like the first half... second half concerns me
I think you should go JAE
Have you put the car on full lock left? And looked to see what it might be? Might turned out to be wheel bearing... because the driveshafts nut worked loose from a missing washer

It's been like this since I redone the mount :(

Been thinking bout swapping to another body for a while, there's just to much work to make ths how I want it

Can't get money in time for JAE, spent waaaaaayyyyy to much on ring and birthday stuff for girlfriend, bloody good night though!

So if anyone in the Luton area has a k10 with a decent body, il have it, doesn't have to be a good runner

Congratulations on the engagement :)

shame about all the car problems I'm sure you'll solve it and if you do decide on a reshell give Adam a shout he may sell his 10

Yup im glad you didnt reply because it was stupid how i forgot !
Sounds like a plan ! Take your time and get a shell your very happy with ! The last week iv came to thoughts i should have bought your grille that time you were selling now im kicking myself ! Would look far better with prefacelift grille ! Did you sell it that time ? Iv no words about that noise you have iv no idea what that could be , and congrats on proposal :D

Here's some pics off the car, found a front bumper for free, as its seen its best days......stops police moaning at me :D

I'm after a new k10 with a decent body if anyone knows of one going, preferably near Luton, doesn't matter what engine, as il be swapping all parts over

Anyway.....

ataza4up.jpg

gype8u5y.jpg

a3u3a3am.jpg

ute4ubyz.jpg

Leads me to wonder how people put marks like that on rear archs , iv got a mark very dimular just a lil smaller and i cant figure out how somebody managed it !

Rwd drift micra :p tasty :p reminds me of that add for the vw golf where the old woman has the car , the man thinks she would have looked after it but as they drive off she remembers how shs drove the **** out of it lol

I miss driving my car! :(

It keeps looking at me everyday as I walk past it to go to work as if to say 'oi ! Build this bloody clutch and see what I really can do!!'

Tax/mot/insurance all out of date now

That's about £700 before I can drive it again !

Been crazy busy, so cars taken a back seat
Jus finished refitting our new workshop, mezzy floors and then updating the van fleet, 2 new berlingos and vivaro!

me4yjyhu.jpg

so now I can get the car back in, gunna get the engine out again, start the clutch :)

Think I've found the rumbly feeling...... The cv boot has massive rip in it and no grease left lol so il jus get another drive shaft from the scrappy, only £10

ta5emuqy.jpg

Bout bloody time mate ;) Much as I've enjoyed seeing your (and Elmos!) carping exploits, this is where it's at :D

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

Got new driveshaft and both clutches today, jus waiting on bloke over the road to stick the cg13 clutch on the lathe to cut a 45 angle to make it fit in the cg10 gubbins
:)

Thats why i tend to do something while someone comes if i can cuz if it gets left there atall its the worst job ever , and you know what he is doing is simple , hardest part for him is getting that squared up in the lathe after that its simple , evens if he had difficulty squaring it up and had to go make a jig so he could clamp it in lather the absolute maximum should be 2 hours. ,

So here's my frank hybrid cg10/13 clutch

Remove cg10 spline part
u2yru5aj.jpg

Seperate cg13 clutch by grinding of rivets
7ajyqajy.jpg

zu3y7u7u.jpg

Grind 45 degree angle so it fits into cg10 cover

ryja4uqa.jpg

Made some spacers from some tube for the bolts

eqa6uzym.jpg

Stick cg10 spline onto cg13 clutch plate and bolt together

uhadazu9.jpg

.......well I will tomorrow as the bolts I bought are a smidge to big and my dad has all my drill bits :D

Back