Gave this a try

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376335685.388991.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376335712.752328.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376335699.485852.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376335742.786046.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376335806.118624.jpg

3yry8yva.jpg

Not to sure now :( opinions

Anyway, went to drive off, forgot bonnet pins, floored it and bye bye bonnet!!!

Oooops lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376335855.169623.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376335869.751064.jpg

Luckily it landed ok-ish

you not still got original bonnet catch, i got the 2 pins at the front and original bonnet latch still on the back

Pork mate I used to do spray jobs on rifles for a gun shop about a year ago. Best way to do camo is just free hand, use objects like leafs and other natural items as stencils. Always start with the lightest colour first as well mate. Always looks better in matt colours as well. Camo jobs never look right in gloss.

EDIT: Also glad to see the bonnet is mostly alright. Lucky guy.

Pork mate I used to do spray jobs on rifles for a gun shop about a year ago. Best way to do camo is just free hand, use objects like leafs and other natural items as stencils. Always start with the lightest colour first as well mate. Always looks better in matt colours as well. Camo jobs never look right in gloss.

Cool, was just a quick go, only took hour or so with paint that was available . Il rub it down tomorrow and give car a clean, see if it grows on me

I'll lend you my ghille suit... do it... or at least wear it and drive it :p
Camo looks best on cars when it stands out :) try to hard and you look a tool :)
I think its brilliant. Its different and hey.. why not eh

Lowered it about more today......looks great.....but now there's a rumbly feeling now at speed
Hmmmm

The rears are basically on the bump stops, the fronts are pretty close too, I'm not sure if its the wishbones resting on the chassis now.....or could be tyres scraping lol

Lowered it about more today......looks great.....but now there's a rumbly feeling now at speed
Hmmmm

The rears are basically on the bump stops, the fronts are pretty close too, I'm not sure if its the wishbones resting on the chassis now.....or could be tyres scraping lol
Lowering affects tracking mind, and that can cause rumbling

Hmmmm
driveshafts probably neil, you said the k11 wishbones gave positive camber iirc ? shorter ? and adding some negative camber and lowering will bind the shafts even more

Anything I can do? I slotted the top holes on the struts to bring it all in line
it might be just 1 side that is binding mate ? if you jack the front then lower it down, you might see the engine try to shift over as the potjoint binds ?

there,s about 30mm of lateral/side movement in the inner c/v,s eh neil (to allow for the differing shaft lengths when the suspension droops) has your new/improved engine mount shifted it over at all ?

Don't think so, il give that a check to mate

Took a look at drive shafts today after I lowered it stupidly low......they were at a silly angle

Raised it by 1.5 inch and the problems gone :)

Getting real tired off only being able to use 1/4 throttle, roll on payday so I can start this clutch

Still, it is rapid! Scares me, but in a good way

The cars getting a lot off interest though, which I'm not used too, everyone wants to talk about it, from totally random people too, from typical chavs who all say 'is it chipped n stuff'.......to an 80 year old jamaican dude who loved the carbs idea

Mehhhhhhh!

Rumbling feel has returned, more so when cornering left at speed, a little rumble cornering right
Left cornering is quite bad tho, can't hear anything, but defo can feel it

Don't wanna have to raise it up, looks bad ass how it sits now, was thinking off raising the engine, but that will Involve to much work

:(

Basically an expensive cherry bomb Neil. No personal experience but from what I've seen.. well heard you may aswel get a cheaper cherry bomb

There's some cheapo style stuff on eBay, but beings I've never bought exhausts before, thought I'd pick some brains........

.........this build really does show the ass about face way I've taken things on........build turbo carb engine, then learn basic mechanics :D

Back