• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Cool man, sounds simple enough :)

Il have too wait till end off month now to buy both, then give it a bash

This what your using then?

Well done Neil! It sounds sweet, and I think everyone likes the noise of compressor surge ;)
Quick Q frank. How come you need 2 1.3 clutches and they both need to be LUK?!

Cheers

No good for turbo tho

It's 1.0 and 1.3 clutch mated together I think mate, so it goes on the 1.0 gearbox but handle more power

Well done Neil! It sounds sweet, and I think everyone likes the noise of compressor surge ;)
Quick Q frank. How come you need 2 1.3 clutches and they both need to be LUK?!
yes 1 of each jamie (prefacelift 1.0 160mm one + a 180mm one) and any other make wont have that same 4 spring cushdrive eh :) )

One thing I'm worried about is the water temp gauge isn't showing anything.

It all worked fine before the swap, is it the cg sensor?
Have I got the wrong cable on it? What colour cable from k10 loom went to water temp sensor?

Is your fuel gauge ok? They're part if the same little loom thats why I ask :)
Pre 90 water temp sensor wire is Yellow/green tracer :)
Depending what model you have the temp wire is either pin 17 or 18 in the back of your clocks

Is your fuel gauge ok? They're part if the same little loom thats why I ask :)
Pre 90 water temp sensor wire is Yellow/green tracer :)
Depending what model you have the temp wire is either pin 17 or 18 in the back of your clocks

Fuel gauge all fine
Might jus be a duff sensor

Still ain't working

Oh well.

Fitted bonnet pins so I can have bonnet back on, had to do away with original hinges to make room for intercooler

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375894998.303323.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375895010.585646.jpg

Also made actuator bracket

I made the actuator bracket so it pulls on the rod more, so it opens a bit sooner, now running about 4-5psi, which has calmed it down a bit, now can use half throttle before it slips the clutch lol

I can't remember. But are you running 2 headgaskets?

And what kinda boooooost are you aiming for? ;)

Yeah 2 gaskets,

The fuelling sytems is only good for 20psi, otherwise ill have to upgrade pumps and lines n stuff.....would like to run 14psi, but realistically gunna aim for 10

So, after a few days off hacking about, I've gotta redo my engine mount lol

Got some thick steel plate and gunna make a super beefy mega mount ;)

Also, my washer bottle motor and front indicators aren't working, haven't since the swap :( side and rear indicators are fine, bulbs good......strange.
What's going on with all my electrics, I'm sure I've got them all in right places

Anyone wanna help me out with what colour cables go where? I've got a Haynes book..........but in loft

Started back on car today.......after what I can only describe as having sunburnt eyeballs !! Really need a better mask!
2 days off extremely irritated eyes, blurred vision, horrible, wake up call at least !
Only get one set off eyes!

So here some progress off the mount, welded onto chassis leg and wheel arch.....probably the strongest point off the car now ;)

Jus need some more gas to finish

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376207596.956877.jpg

I got arc eye the other day doing my mounts for coilovers... only in one eye tho :/
Still hurts tho dont it :(
How long's the list after the mount?

I got arc eye the other day doing my mounts for coilovers... only in one eye tho :/
Still hurts tho dont it :(
How long's the list after the mount?

Just this hybrid clutch I gotta make, then that engine stuff sorted....till I break something !
Then tidy body up a bit

Back