• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

No work on my car today, but was installing a new compressor and air lines to a place that race preps classic cars

zy7y6y4e.jpg

pasyvehe.jpg

herabypy.jpg

There's loads if Classic Ferrara under wraps, frazer nash's, minis, everything!

Finished clutch today at last

y8u9u2y9.jpg

Was servicing an engineering firms compressor and got them to use there mega drill, saves me pissing about with it lol

So I had a couple of hours spare today and thought I'd whip the engine out and put the new clutch on.......2 problems with this

1- I thought I'd save time and take engine out whilst leaving gearbox in car, WRONG!!
Complete nightmare, got all bolts off and there's jus not enough space to seperate the box from the engine....got angry and ended up shaking the **** out off it and shouting at it, came off but god knows what I've broke in the process

2- forgot the clocks have changed and lost all the light and probably all the bolts somewhere

naqepy9e.jpg

edysa8ev.jpg

So now it's sitting at the workshop carpark in pieces , jus hope scrap men don't take it away

So it's all back in......

jyqupuqa.jpg

But I can't engage gear :( !!!!!

I can put it in gear then start it and it will bunny hop along........****!!!

I guess more trimming of the friction plate is needed

Double ****ery!!!

Really can't be arsed to take it all out again

Any suggestions lol

It's a bit better, I've tried jacking it up, then took for a spin on quiet road, revved the nuts of it with brake on too lol

Still can't change gear though. How long till it wears enough of it away ;)

My neighbours ain't happy :D

It's getting there , I think I can actually feel it grinding away, not sure if that's a good thing,
Il have it keep at it in an evening when the estate have gone home

It had to be done........

by7a2aza.jpg

u6yrabug.jpg

The plate left some handy marks of where to grind away

u3e8ypu6.jpg

Then it stared raining :( so gunna fit all back in tomorrow

Only took 50 mins to take it out, do it. Blindfolded now

i,m guessing you did,nt compress the pressure plate with a G clamp when grinding the clearance neil ?
and the friction plate needs a proper 45 deg bevel (not just the 1 half of friction material (hence why i grind mine :) )

Yeah that's all fine.

With car jacked up I can change gears with car running, bit hard but it does change

With cat on road I cant change gears

I can start it in gear and bump it to make it move and it will drive, but can't change gear, when I press clutch pedal, , the wheels still want to turn

Done this

9eqe8a8a.jpg

e2yseny8.jpg

jy7ytase.jpg

7yga9ebu.jpg

regaquju.jpg

And........it moves!!!! :)

Change gears and everything!

But, now it's only running on 3....dam cars, got spark, so gotta be fuel issue, which means taking carbs apart :(

At least the clutch is sorted....yay!!!

Back