• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

That was a mistake!

Almost went up in flames!
Starter started pouring smoke out and really hot!!

So....replace starter?

So when your starter is getting current is billows smoke?
Its definitely earthed off ok? But at this point I'm starting to suspect starter motor

All earths are ok

The jump cables went from my running van

It turns over but really struggles, then almost caught fire!

Could still be the gears binding as it's ever 1 rotation of the motor it bogs down, check the pinion for burrs before consigning it to the bin... also take connections on the motor off and check the resistance of both motor terminals to the case of the motor (assuming its a metal case) to check the windings arn't earthing. Should be greater than 100MOhms

Could still be the gears binding as it's ever 1 rotation of the motor it bogs down, check the pinion for burrs before consigning it to the bin... also take connections on the motor off and check the resistance of both motor terminals to the case of the motor (assuming its a metal case) to check the windings arn't earthing. Should be greater than 100MOhms

Sounds interesting

Il give it a try too.

K11 stater fits and works!!!

Phew!

Had a few coughs and splutters off life whilst cranking.

Left it at that for now as I need a radiator hose, and fit new fuel reg as I snapped old one.

:D

Haven't had them balanced, but I think that only really matters on idle.

To get the right jets you need an O2 sensor.......no way round it!
Not really, as the idle adjust screw will compensate a poor idle unless it's REALLY rich (a bit of choke will cure lean running)
Edit: Just realise you lazy lot use auto choke on your carbs so can't use it for diagnosing the state of tune... I miss HS4's...

Fitted replacement regulator on today, and radiator hose I was missing,...........play has been delayed due to rain.....lots off rain

Ahhhhhhhhh, I jus wanna see if it works!!!

Only some (later ones maybe?) have a filler plug as far as I know. Shame because the speedo cog can be a rite pita to get out, prepare to brake the little cast lugs and replace them with big washers.

Only some (later ones maybe?) have a filler plug as far as I know. Shame because the speedo cog can be a rite pita to get out, prepare to brake the little cast lugs and replace them with big washers.
yes the RS5F41 (k10 and pre-facelift 1.0 k11) have no level plug, and if its never been checked, the speedo drive will probably be fused into the casing

I've had the speedo drivre out before when I took all engine and box out, so shouldn't be a problem

Back