• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Right!!!

This is getting so frustrating looking at the car on the drive not be able to use it!

Ignition is the only thing left :(

Megajolt is just to exspensive at the moment..........

So going back to the modded dizzy idea for now, jus so I can have it runnning

Here's where I'm at now

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374685359.887305.jpg

Ma10 dizzy is female slotted, k11 cam is female slotted. So took the end off k11 dizzy and stuck it on the ma10 dizzy (dizzy dizzy dizzy!)

Also it's to thin to fit on cg13 head, so collar/spacer was made from cut up part off k11 dizzy

So that fits now :)

Now jus gotta sort out welding the advane In place.

What sort off problems am I gunna encounter if any one can think off any?

Its gonna have a crap ignition curve :/ I know its be a bit late but would a metro turbo dizzy of been better? I believe they already have a very similar slotted drive

To Andy......it'll be all bolted in ok ;)

Jamie......I spose so, but I need to have a go in this car, I will get proper ignition in future, :)

Cheers frank.

When welding it in place, where is fully advanced on the weights? Should I take springs out, or is there another way?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374686888.519205.jpg

Fully advanced is the bob weights extended all the way :) remove the springs. And tack em in place. Or reposition the springs to hold the weights out :)
Goodo I knew it would be ;) just from that picture I saw the k11 two bolt adjuster and the ma10 1 bolt adjuster so it was 2 way adjustable and not fixed that was all :)

I'm confused as to what I'm actually meant to be doing!?

Do I limit the total advance, or do I lock it fully advanced ?

Did I not give you a link for this Neil? Leave vacuum advance as is and limit mechanical advance. Gimme a few and I'll see if I can find it ;)

Edit, you've quoted the link :oops:

Did I not give you a link for this Neil? Leave vacuum advance as is and limit mechanical advance. Gimme a few and I'll see if I can find it ;)
yes, if you look at that turbo map of (polly,s ?) here http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/apexi-s-afc.56206/ the timing is basically static under load (the right hand columns) with a bit of advance at low load (the left hand columns) so a vacuum advance and rpm locked setup will crudely follow that map

yes, if you look at that turbo map of (polly,s ?) here http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/apexi-s-afc.56206/ the timing is basically static under load (the right hand columns) with a bit of advance at low load (the left hand columns) so a vacuum advance and rpm locked setup will crudely follow that map

Cool, :)

Having never played with a dizzy, if I lock the weights wouldn't the vac be locked too,

Or......(jus came to me while typing) dies the vac jus move the base plate?

I personally would limit the overall advance rather than locking it down completely so there is still some flexibility with the advance curve, ie you will have an advance curve, though slightly shorter, rather than a fixed point as it were.
What we need from you Neil is some precision welding like in that link ;)

I personally would limit the overall advance rather than locking it down completely so there is still some flexibility with the advance curve, ie you will have an advance curve, though slightly shorter, rather than a fixed point as it were.
What we need from you Neil is some precision welding like in that link ;)
I'm more hammer and blowtorch than scalpel and needle ;)

What if I moved end from one weight to another (cross them over) ? Hold them in place with very little movement

I've left all the other bits of the dizzy at workshop, but sitting at home on sofa with the rest off dizzy looking at it and looking at stuff on Internet.
Il give everything a going over tomorrow.......... Then come crawling for answers :D

I reckon you could limit the advance by reducing the length of the slots by weld filling the outside end.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I reckon you could limit the advance by reducing the length of the slots by weld filling the outside end.

That's what I was thinking,

But think il try nut/bolt as my welding ain't the precise yet :)

lookin good neil :cool: and i think you,re gonna need to set your timing to about 20 deg @ idle mate, and the vacuum actuator will probably pull about 20 deg as soon as you open the throttles

lookin good neil :cool: and i think you,re gonna need to set your timing to about 20 deg @ idle mate, and the vacuum actuator will probably pull about 20 deg as soon as you open the throttles

Thanks

This is something I'm gunna have to get me brain round too

Well, if this works after I've attempted to put everything back in right place

Not to long :)

Jus silly things like radiator hoses, and all oils and fluids

Like a ****! I forgot where the leads go on the dizzy cap :(

Anyone wanna help out a complete idiot, been going thru my blog to see if i can see where they go, but no clear view

Hoping to have it fired up this weekend. :)

1 is at timing chain end.....on dizzy cap 1 is at 3 o clock
2 is at 6 o clock
3 is at 12 o clock
4 is at 9 o clock
as you look at dizzy from passenger side ;)

Back