poor old bluey :(

why poor?

The amount of time and work Frank has put into that car and for some c*nt to then go and steal it is why poor bluey deserves a thread.

I think you would be pretty p*ssed if you were in Franks position right now....

WTF! i'm gutted to see this frank, so much time and effort put into it, a real inspiration too. And please dont stop the updates on your blog, it's probably just the pictures revealing your location that was the biggest cause. I can't imagine why someone would steal it for profit, it's probably just some jealous c*nt from the almeras club eh :laugh: Need better security for the red one, hate to see that one go too.

BTW, what was your best 1/4mile time in it frank?

Everytime I browse this topic I hope Frank wrote he found it back. We already lost Ebbdude (i hope hes well), we cant lose Frank now.

frank im not sure on your location but are you near any main roads or traffic junctions that have cctv?

i know its a long shot but if cctv can pick up the vehicle(if it was flatbedded) and the reg

from there its #### easy to locate

would take some arm pulling to them to let you view it but lets face it the old bill aint gonna do sod all to help

get the micra police on it

im still convinced someone has targeted it for parts from this site, i wish you luck mate (Y)

chin up matey

Im with Martin... I think its someone on here :( Dont want to point fingers at anyone but it certainly sounds like someone knew what they were looking for.

frank im not sure on your location but are you near any main roads or traffic junctions that have cctv?

i know its a long shot but if cctv can pick up the vehicle(if it was flatbedded) and the reg

from there its #### easy to locate

would take some arm pulling to them to let you view it but lets face it the old bill aint gonna do sod all to help
chin up matey

Top idea there, and if the cctv is filming public streets/places it has to be available for the public you just need to ask for a copy of it, and if you explain the situation they should be more willing to help, unlike using it for a college art project:wasntme:

I hope it all works out for you frank

amazing detective work who could you finger on here?

I like to think Eds taken it and got it remapped as a surprise present:laugh: sounds much better than some stranger on here snooping around and knickin it.

Top idea there, and if the cctv is filming public streets/places it has to be available for the public you just need to ask for a copy of it, and if you explain the situation they should be more willing to help, unlike using it for a college art project:wasntme:

I hope it all works out for you frank

I like to think Eds taken it and got it remapped as a surprise present:laugh: sounds much better than some stranger on here snooping around and knickin it.

British Overhaulin? Or pimp my ride style?

The thing is if it was someone on here theyd have to of either met frank or be local, unfortunately the two places I'd look is in a field or (relevant people please don't take offense) banger racing.

Frank have you asked the restaurant over the road if they had seen anything or if you can have a look at their cctv? Worth a shot... And I admire you for your attitude towards it being stolen especially with how good the car is

Omg Frank what the hell man? this is pretty crap news :( As everyone else has said, I'll keep an eye out for you. Im generally back and forward on the m6 from Liverpool to Coventry and occassionally the A1 from Cambridge to Leeds so if I see anything then there maybe a micra chase... Hope it turns up soon man and in a good condition... best of luck man!

gutted for you mate. i dont get to drive mine at the moment coz of insurance and im going slightly mental. Can begin to imagine your loss. Also a bit down becuase i has half way through the blog, and learning on the way i might add. As the others have said hope all is well in the future for you, your MSC family will be here.
Ash

cheers guys :grinning: i,m really chuffed with the red car tho, so some consolation eh
and the wheel centre,s were unpicked mihtymicra (4 stitch welds) and then re-welded, valve relocated, and filler put in the ridge arrowed

Attachments

• SDC10831.JPG
    SDC10831.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 558
Sorry to hear that Frank. Lets hope some recognisable bits turn up and start the trail to the culprits. Not that plod will be interested in following it up of course.

I didn't even know this had happened until just now!? It is, as everyones said already a real shame :( think I speak for most when I say you and that car were pushing the boundaries of what could be done with a little lateral thinking (and of course some skills) to our micras. My biggest regret is that I didnt take it for more of a drive when I had the chance :(

Damn! Sorry to hear that Frank. Some thieveing b**tards going around nicking cars these days, I often think when a car gets nabbed, its usually for wieghing in, but Micras dont wiegh that much.

I really do hope it turn up in one piece, I'll certainly keep an eye out.

Sad news indeed,will be missed on here.As has been said above the blue car has been an inspiration to loads of us,me very much included :wasntme:

I was lucky enough to meet it in the metal and it was awesome. Would be nice to think the scrote who nicked it crashed and is now wheelchair-bound grr.

WTF! seriously that sucks!

really sorry to hear this frank, i remember seeing the car at the gokart meet, and it was inspiring you do fantastic work, and honestly you MAKE the MSC what it is today...(even overtaking my post count -_-) but seriously your car is unique, i think if anyone here sees it or any of its parts the alarms will go off. the only thing i am worried about is the thought that maybe it was someone on this site... that would really sicken me.

i really hope you find it, or any details at all. you have helped so many people i know they would be more than happy to help you track it down. don't give up on it, letting these people get away with it is not right, make them pay!

but in a way, the way you are handling this, and you are calm about it, just shows what a legend you are, if it was me i would go through a phase of burning villages to the ground looking for it, and then spend the rest of my life locked away in a dark room curled up in a small ball! the fact that you keep going is inspiring.

but its still a shame that its gone, and its a shame that we don't get any more blog updates from you as a result. who ever took it has hurt all of us with that, i think its everyone's job here to find out what happened to it. if anyone sees parts for it on ebay then report back, if anyone sees it driving around, even if they see some dished steelies, or get offered a cheap engine check it out first.

anyway frank, don't give up, you still have red which is great, and if you want an electric immobilizer made up then let me know, i can make some electronics in a box that would keep the car from running unless they rewire the whole car, i can make it so it knows if it moves, even transmit GPS locations back if you want, just let me know.

The b@stards'll be in for a surprise when they weigh it in, only to find they'd be better off with a couple of tin cans after all the lightening you did...

Back