Very Poor Fuel Consumption.. help!

Dewgel

Buy & Sell Member
Ok, I've had 2 micras. A 1.3 Super S (1995) and a 1.0 Profile (2000).

I don't rag these cars around, or have a heavy right foot.. but in both of them I've noticed incredibly poor fuel consumption.

The only thing that is the same on these two cars is the exhaust (had to swap full standard exhaust system off old one onto new one), including the Lambda sensor.

I'm only getting less than 200 miles to the tank, and I don't drive far or fast. Everytime Itake the car out to the shop or anything, the needle has dropped by quite a bit. I'd understand if it were a bigger car, but it's a 1.0, and not an old car either.

Good this be the Lambda off the old one causing it? I think it's running quite rich and using a bit too much fuel because you can smell the difference in the exhaust and such.

Any help guys?

um could be a lot of things maybe your oxygen sensor needs cleaning?im sure you can get the cleaner off ebay?

Hmm, service is good on the car, so it's nothing like that, needs rear shocker replaced but that won't be affecting much, running a fully standard car (steelies, standard filter box w/ normal clean filter, nothing done to it)

Most likely driving style, but look at tyre pressures.

All tyre pressures are correct, 32 and 30 on back at the minute, I've honestly checked everything that would seem obvious.

And I've drove like a saint the past week, and still no better fuel consumption.

Might just be as you go up and down hills that your fuel gauge changes.

One thing that's given me bad fuel consumption recently was a knackered silencer on my exhaust, which was getting blocked up with wadding. Had that changed and I've noticed a great improvement.

be very carefull with the o2 sensor the are extremly fragile when you changed it did you have greasy hands?get it cleaned i think thats where your problem is ..... or get a bosch one off ebay prob around 30 quid new

be very carefull with the o2 sensor the are extremly fragile when you changed it did you have greasy hands?get it cleaned i think thats where your problem is ..... or get a bosch one off ebay prob around 30 quid new

I haven't changed it, it's the same one as the one off my old one, I took it off and it looked all black, carbon like. If they're only £30 new I'll just get a new one.

Thanks bud!

Back