negative comments

euro_micra

Matt :)
Do many memberes here get random people making negative and abuse comments about your car? Because I'm getting it daily now and it's a real downer, especially when your happy and everythings going good, like 20 minutes ago for me before someone pulled along side pointin at me then car and laughing n making ####er signs. I'd sought of get it if I was trying to race them or something, but I was just taking it easy. Also happens when parked. But it's happening daily that I don't get, usually 'your cars #### mate' but sometimes just a bottle being thrown out of the window. I get really wound up by it, to the point that today he did it for so long I was going to run him off the road, then he turned off before I cracked.

So there, a bit of a rant I know, but does it happen to anyone else, 'cos its getting to the point where I'm thinking of selling the car.

yeh i noticed that when i take it easy
so - - - - taking it easy
and the bottle throwing part is serious sort it imediatly
no point saying i would do this/that if it happened to me cause thats bolox talk

Forget them chap, they really are not important in their pathetic little worlds. Small minded people who are insecure about their own meaningless life and cant get their head around someone who is happy. As you say everything is going good - you and all the people here know the joy of these little cars.
You should pitty them, remember you can never argue with an idiot, the best that will happen is that they will drag you down to their level, get annoyed and they have won.

use to get it all the time, then i out accelerated and cornered them, wouldnt look at me after that, people dont like things that are not normal(done up micra) so they react the only way they know by being stupid

my advice is not to ignore them (mums tell there kids that at school ffs!) but get out the car, walk straight up to theres and tap on the window with a look about you, 9 times out of 10 they look away and drive off

failing that and they get out get your wheel brace and raise it above your head and @£$$£@£$$$££@$$££ ...... $$£@£@£$£$£$£@@ and have a cup of tea when you get in!!:laugh:

use to get it all the time, then i out accelerated and cornered them, wouldnt look at me after that, people dont like things that are not normal(done up micra) so they react the only way they know by being stupid

my advice is not to ignore them (mums tell there kids that at school ffs!) but get out the car, walk straight up to theres and tap on the window with a look about you, 9 times out of 10 they look away and drive off

failing that and they get out get your wheel brace and raise it above your head and @£$$£@£$$$££@$$££ ...... $$£@£@£$£$£$£@@ and have a cup of tea when you get in!!:laugh:

oops we have different opinions, guess thats south london and buckinghamshire :eek:

i dont pay no attention to them most of the ones that do the signs as most them are driving sh*tty corsas and pug 106s which i eat for breakfast in my supers s lol

yeh i noticed that when i take it easy
so - - - - taking it easy
and the bottle throwing part is serious sort it imediatly

Suppose If you do go fast you don't give em chance lol. Bottle was just plastic but get the usual trash thrown towards car, never hit me though.

no point saying i would do this/that if it happened to me cause thats bolox talk

normally I'd agree but not then, happened too many times before, would never do anything silly in the car if I've got passengers in which I usually have when it happens, but I didn't then and you just don't think when you've got road rage eh.

as martboy said they do look and laugh until you are making them eat your exhaust fumes lol i tend to just laugh back at their crappy french cars but saying that everyone knows of my car around the city now and news travels fast

A few different opinions there lol. At least I'm not alone, which make me feel a bit better. Yeah Martyboy usualy end up catching up on roundbouts and then accelerating past em after, but they wouldnt let me in the lane I wanted n too furious to notice.

i,ve had none at all in 10+ years :eek: (to my face lol) i would have expected some tbh, with the micra being basicly a "shopping car" but having grey hair and having a pretty much ghetto pre-facelift probably helps somewhat :wasntme:

true about news travels fast about the car, if it was a saxo people wouldnt look twice, except i do when they have those pathetic 6 exhaust out the back and more speakers than halfords audio department!

i,ve had none at all in 10+ years :eek: (to my face lol) i would have expected some tbh, with the micra being basicly a "shopping car" but having grey hair and having a pretty much ghetto pre-facelift probably helps somewhat :wasntme:

Quite surprised lol. It might be because I look like a 15 year old girl too thats the biggest problem:(

Just thought I'd say that I do still like the Micra, It's just that it's hard to defened it. Need a bit more power me thinks. The Micra is better than saxos, clios and corsas imo they don't have anything on my lil micra, i'm always overtaking boy racers who are showing off, its the ones with more money and 2.0 litre audi's that are the problem:glare:

Mate ignore them and just laugh back! I wouldn't reccommend it but generally if you get out people think twice and drive off, they think of their crap car as a penis extention!
I'm a girl but when people #### me off my look of daggers will wither them down lol. Plus I'm tall so if I unfold myself from my car they begin to look uneasy too lol
ignore them mate they're not worth it!

How do you think i feel lol the k10 isnt exactly the car with the best street credit, but everyone understands when they hear the s/c and turbo spool and you burn past them

'Do not underestimate what you will never understand' anyone remember this? :p

Not only do some think of a big car as a penis extension, I think at times they also need one! By reverse of course it also explains why I drive a 1.0L micra and dont need one! It must be said as I look upon most Micra owners from a certain distance that comes from being a older...............most have a unexpected maturity and appreciation of quality that is unusual in testostarone charged young bucks and that should be taken as a complement. If you need further proof, would you rather drive a Corsa and endure the problems that many have to- camshafts that snap in half no less! Similarly is seems there is an anti theft device fitted to them that prevents first gear being engaged unless the driver and all three passengers wear baseball caps!

The micra will always get slatted were ever we go as its just male instinct ..............corsa,saxo,clio's are like sooooooooo old skool people round cornwall drive skylines,integra's,glanza v's............from the age of 18. I own 3 cars at present...............My mk1 golf track car on throttle bodies..................My 1974 ford mustang..............and the micra,lol.

As for taking verbal abuse about the car e.c.t i would just ignore it or if u do feel like doing summat then go and ask to settle it by a race..............in response u will probly get them saying "haha yeah mate ill kick your ass" But then u simply reply with "I MENT LIKE REAL MEN ON THE RACK TRACK YOU ####ING IMMATURE ****"

usally works,lol.

:blues:

Man you best off laughing back at these people I do. I was sat at a set of lights here in Ireland once in the st and a fella on the path fell to his knees laughing at the car:laugh::laugh: so I just laughed back at him and drove off when the light went green. I dont get much hassle now which is a suprise(Y)

Also sex is a great confidence booster so I recommend that also:laugh:

i dont pay no attention to them most of the ones that do the signs as most them are driving sh*tty corsas and pug 106s which i eat for breakfast in my supers s lol

Haha yea, funny when ya see some one in a crappy 1.2 corsab with his 'crew' then u just put ya foot down and turn on your back wiper and flip the bird...so to speak :D

I agree with the laughing back at them method, nothing winds these's idiots up more than knowing they did not get to you. That's all they're after, the enjoyment of bringing you down as they don't have lives themselves. Someone said my Micra was crap once and they were in some chavved up Astra, i just laughed and drove off. It's not worth putting yourself at risk by getting physical over something so minor, and remember if you get out and threaten them, who's in the wrong.. you for approaching them, especially if you throw a punch. It's not worth assault charges etc! Just stay cool, laugh it off and drive on

Yep, i know what ya mean man, i get alot of it in college (especially when sat next to all these gleeming cars in the col car park haha,)

But at the end of the day, have to agree with just laughing at them, especially if its arogant chavs with big fat can exausts, HEY LOOK I CAN GO 6000 RPM IN 1 WUOHOHOHO...

You just gota laugh, but i love the micra personally, reliablilty, handling, acceleration, i've driven other cars, and they just dont compare to the micra in alot of areas :').

Even my 1l machine has some pretty lovely acceleration on it, (Especially gear 2) and for my second car, i'm definately looking for some 1.3 love ;).

Dont let the comments get to ya buddy! Micras rock,
Migs.

The annoying thing for me is, most of the guys i go to college with have skylines, silvias etc. My tutor even has a trans am (knight rider theme at the ready). But at least my mate has a 998 mini which i can just about out run :grinning:

I agree with the laughing back at them method, nothing winds these's idiots up more than knowing they did not get to you. That's all they're after, the enjoyment of bringing you down as they don't have lives themselves. Someone said my Micra was crap once and they were in some chavved up Astra, i just laughed and drove off. It's not worth putting yourself at risk by getting physical over something so minor, and remember if you get out and threaten them, who's in the wrong.. you for approaching them, especially if you throw a punch. It's not worth assault charges etc! Just stay cool, laugh it off and drive on

+1

Unfortunatley its partly because no matter how brilliant the k11 was and still is, we live on a tragic little island where the general public will always think this about the micra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSwOK-dplbQ

Yours is a brilliant example especially with those wheels, as frank says though a 'ghetto prefacelift' is better looking.

I took the cowards way out and got a Primera lol but when it gives up the ghost i will deffo consider a prefacelift k11 and f### all the haters, will always be a darn site cheaper to fill up! :laugh:

Ive gotten it a couple of times...and again it was because they had #### condition cars...a lad in a fiesta jumped out in front of me as i went to overtake...because i failed to race him from the lights. Tbh i could tell he was a #### as i drove up along side at the lights and was expecting something to happen. So wasnt totally suprised.

most recent one was from a couple of lads in a rusty slow ass nova...with window tint that looked like bin liners on the rear windows, just gotta laugh back really

But for the most part and im probably tempting fate lol everyones normally pretty cool about it. Maybe its because theres micras everywhere around here...who knows lol.

But for you with the projectiles etc thats not on, id suggest the coppers but theyd probs "fail" to find the guy anyway.

I hate to stereotype, but it always tends to come from the same group of road users. I'm fed up of people in Astra's, Nova's, Corsa's etc etc etc trying to race me from a set of lights. People in the serious sports cars, seem to be mature enough to know they don't have a chance. Why do people in #### cars think that they have to race everything?

Yeah I suppose the laughing back would probably work best. Just don't really get the time, especially if it's not your first emotion. Don't really get any hassel from the typical boyracers in corsas anyway, might not see the micra as err a threat maybe. A3s Golfs n the such are allways the one bugging me, they probably dont like beign stuck behind a micra they cannot overtake or bully out the way.

Do like how people underate it though, like earlier today someone in a slightly modded mondeo got in the right hand lane to overtake me on a roundabout goin straight ahead, he couldn't accelerate quick enough in his lane and guy behind crept up behind me and made mondeo man fall back a spot lmao love team work. Also spotted a burgandy k11 with a square numberplate on a57 near sheff, just before, first modded micra I've seen since I've had mine.(Y)

Mind you i get that loads with my k11 1.0, cars tailgate me like nothing, and always trying to take me out on the inside of roundabouts, i've only just passed like and my attitude to the roads is generally quite good, but its when they try take me at a roundabout where immediately after theres a bend following, thats when i'd love to scream at them :').

Peoples attitudes can be wreckless, just as long as you keep to yourself and do the right thing, its tough s**T if they have to wait behind ya ;).

some one tryed over taking me other day nearly killed themselves and pulled back in behind
what a tramp it was double solid white lines what a freek

Its just not worth the risk doing wreckless moves like that, there was a motorcross? bike down on country lanes today, i didn't realise till i was quite close because i was watching traffic and that insignia as well but i slapped on the hazzards and slowed down for the down'd motor (Which means all the traffic did too) next thing you see if this insignia stopped too, right on the other side of the road :'), blimey did look like a bad slip though on the motor'rs behalf but i couldn't see him, i do hope he/she was alright.

I get general #### from the average BMW/Merc/Audi driver on dual carriageways, but I've got a tax disc in my windscreen that says I can overtake in Lane Three driving up to 70mph at my leisure. They haven't got an exemption notice saying that they can flash, hoot and wave to make me move over so they can go over 70mph. Therefore, they can get ####ed. I had one bloke try and chase me once from lights... Upon realising an old D-Reg Micra wont go much more than 70-80, he passed me. lol.

Tell me about idiots in audis! There was one, i got ahead of him at the lights, kept my lame which forced him on the other side of the road. He pulled back in, then over took me and slammed on! Was ready to have some stern words with the kid! Was fumin! Then a realised that the car behind me had stopped also and (the only time i will ever say this) thankfully 2 undercover police got out and had there own words :) which was awesome for me :D

In honesty, I have not had that many nasty comments really. When I tell people its a micra they usually laugh, but I tell them to come and look at it, then I say 'what do you think'.

Usually its

1. Thats a nice bodykit :grinning:(Cause its a Super S)
  2. Its actually quite nice.

Ive had a few chavs laughing at it when they are in corsa's but it dosnt bother me, I just laugh back at them :laugh: It usually seems to work.

the one litre box is realy good
but if you havent practiced well your gear change then most everything will pass you
by the way you know haynes does say not to drive em to slow as the cat wont work-so its perfecly normal to give the k11 a very tasty thrashing-cause it was built to take it

don't worry about it,

the responsible things to do, is nothing. i had a two kids laugh at me in my micra cab, i looked at them long enough to know they were laughing and then just carried on. no wheel spinning or engine revving.

show that you are not a chav and you can be adult by driving your car properly, maybe even take an advanced driving course. the roads are for getting from A to B, and nothing else so don't race or rally on them, its not fast and the furious, you don't have nitros and 24 gears.

having said that, in my experience, leaving them for dust works pretty good! also if you go down twisty lanes, and some audi is riding your rear, its really easy to loose them they just cant keep up round the corners.

and if things get really bad, like one time i had some guys stand infront of my car to keep me there so they could laugh at my car (again the cab) hit them with something, i keep a bassball bat in the car, if you get a clean shot at them then they run off pretty fast, or lye on the ground twitching.

but its all in England, i have come to sweden, people love my car, there is no such thing as a compact convertible in sweden, everyone has volvos. the speed limit is 45mph, so overtaking and outrunning people is easy. the traffic calming stuff is all islands in the middle of the road, and my car goes round it great, better than a volvo thats for sure!

when people take the #### out of a micra, there are many reasons, some are jealous (like the kids on the mopeds) some just don't understand, (their nan's brown 998cc VW polo won't beat a micra wtf!) and some people are just born #######s, they remain #######s when they buy BMWs or Audis, some even hold on to their ####### ways right up to having people carriers full of kids, great example of parenting.

bottom line, don't worry about it, drive your car and enjoy it in the unique way that one MSC members can, do nothing to the other people because you KNOW you are better than that, you can look beyond the stereotypes and see the good in things which is why you like the micra.

Cant say much better than that! Its the reason people from 18-80 drive a micra. Pleasure. Something that comes from knowing your car inside and out:)

CBR600 :) I can't recall once for a long time that somebody in a seriously quick road car tried to race from a set of lights. But can guarantee that chavved up boy racers will do, every single time. Had an X5 try once, suprised me that they were as quick as it was lol, I had to shift at 7000rpm instead of 5000 that sees off most cars lol

Yeah I suppose the laughing back would probably work best. Just don't really get the time, especially if it's not your first emotion. Don't really get any hassel from the typical boyracers in corsas anyway, might not see the micra as err a threat maybe. A3s Golfs n the such are allways the one bugging me, they probably dont like beign stuck behind a micra they cannot overtake or bully out the way.

Do like how people underate it though, like earlier today someone in a slightly modded mondeo got in the right hand lane to overtake me on a roundabout goin straight ahead, he couldn't accelerate quick enough in his lane and guy behind crept up behind me and made mondeo man fall back a spot lmao love team work. Also spotted a burgandy k11 with a square numberplate on a57 near sheff, just before, first modded micra I've seen since I've had mine.(Y)

The square plate micra could have possibly been mine!!!! Use that road a lot! Haha just thought through reading this blog how many penis's there are in wannabe done up cars that are poo poo and can't hack someone that enjoys to drive a decent car!

Had my first bit of abuse today:glare: leaving the college carpark and 4 guys (chavs) were reving there crappy corsa. (it sounded like a washing machine) and were shouting granny at me. So I gave mine a quick rev right next to them giving them a nice deep induction roar sound. They shut up then, so i laughed back at them and drove of. They were behind me after a while so i dropped a gear and blew them away, god! did that make my day!

Back