• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my micra project 'Rollerskate'

Thanks to mr margbognor (Y) i recieved my new shiny pink knob today and a left side rear mudflap..

x2nlma.jpg

Perfect..!

hows the wide steelies coming along?

To be honest progress is slow..too many other things to do, finally got some more rims to chop up, i had a right job sealing the weld it put me off doing any more.. and i bolted it on the car and didnt really like the way it looked..

The outside of the car is pretty much as i want it now, need to centre the rear axle up, fit some longer wheel studs, and some spacers to push the wheels out a little, but apart from that its staying as it is for the mean time.. apart from the interior.. but more on that when the bits arrive..

Also got a track day coming up on the 29th january and i need to get a new exhaust sorted for my opel before then as its 110db and the limit is 100db..! so that will take up my time and money between now and then..

The opel

344xk7d.jpg

so how many wheels did you end up doing?

liking the opel apart from the bronze colour whats its specs?

Just one..! needs painting then see how it looks..

C20xe 160hp ish, manta 5 speed box, manta gte 3.7 diff rartio, sbd zaust manifold mated to ashley custom made zaust, bilstien shox all round, powercap, -25mm springs, eibach roll bars, poly bushed all round, wilwood 4 pot calipers, vented discs..

hwg5xl.jpg

= Great fun..

Nothing to report really just wanted to rescue it from way down page 2.. removed the door cards about 3 weeks ago to add some E-dead sound proofing stuff but haven't got round to it yet, also took delivery of corsa coilovers so hoping to fit them soon as well even though they look a bit cheap n nasty.. :p

Cars looking good! Nice bit of sticker bombing too :) I think it'd look better if you carried it on up to where the wing joins the a pillar so the whole wing is stickered though. I've wanted a bumper pole for ages! They are the ultimate jdm mod in my eyes lol (it's a shame it's broke though!) I want a polo splitter after seeing yours, looks good! I'll be watching how you get on with the coilies as I'm planning to get some too, keep up the good work :grinning:

The wing is almost covered to the top now just finding the time is difficult to add more, what with the dark nights and cold wet weekends.. and i have trimmed the spoiler to follow the contour of the bumper.. must get some recent pics up soon.. :grinning:

Looking good - just needs a bit of spacing on the rear. Are they Street Ocatanes?

Street octane eurosport i do believe,, will be modifying the panhard rod as soon as i can find a suitable adjustable link to weld in.. or just shorten it by 5mm or so..

How did you get your polo splitter to sit so nicely mine is being a pain lol

I took my bumper off to do it, and i used some 10mm headed screw type thingys to hold it on, i lined it up and attatched it starting from the middle and worked out to the edges using the triangle's where i could but did need to drill some holes towards the end, to be honest it was a doddle and almost fitted itself, it looks better fitted in the pics than it actually is, the problem is the small lip on the bottom of the bumper and the spoiler is lipped too so you will have a little gap between them.. i thought about running a bead of black sealent to overcome this but tbh i was happy with a little gap

I was gonna redo it with th bumper off mine sits a little lob sided pokes out more one side than the other :p
and yeah that little gap is practically unnoticeable :D

Had a bit of spare time today, so i did this..

11vpteh.jpg

16liupu.jpg

But as always in life i was a couple of inches short..

Well i've just ordered some more to finish it off so about £12ish.. and yes ebay..

As promiesd..

t4zale.jpg

s1p8cj.jpg

10miw06.jpg

ouyzq8.jpg

And some of the stereo installed so far.. Fli double 10 sub enclosure, Front speakers are 6.5" infinity components, Fli Fl450 amplifier running in 4ohm mode..

2ywttol.jpg

ih708w.jpg

Amplifier under drivers seat..

2w6yv6f.jpg

Is it loud i hear you say..

3478pbk.jpg

120.7db..

Back