• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mildred the Micra

35mm isn't really noticeable without a side by side
Just looks a better version of standard ;) 55-60mm is what they should have been standard IMO, that height really suits them.

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

I still want the ride comfort and the ability to go 4x4 mode when needed :p she may come down again in the future but for now she'll just keep plodding on just wanted to get rid of ridonkulous arch gap :) x

Just wondering.... If I were to sell my alloys would anyone be interested? Decent tyres. 13", fit same as standard steels. refurbished around august time.
1384563141768.jpg

Let me know if you would be :) x

Thankyou very much :) I slightly killed three of mine just trying to crack them of when I was painting the rocker! These are far better soo much nicer to tighten and loosen :) x

Time for a wee update...
Micrapro being the fantastic gem he is :D very kindly gave me his new alloys :D (well I slightly stole them... But hey no need to pick hairs ;) )

He then very kindly cleaned Mildred for me :)

1389026854901.jpg
1389026883975.jpg
1389026923473.jpg

Happy Mildred....
-
Happy Clodo :p
X

Me and SirChris were talking about doing mine 2 tone, with the centre and spokes silver and the raised face near the rim a dark metalic grey...

Me and SirChris were talking about doing mine 2 tone, with the centre and spokes silver and the raised face near the rim a dark metalic grey...

That would look mint!

I wanted to spray the raised face near the rim on mine red but tom said I can't :L there to nice heehee however I am loving just the gloss black :D makes a nice change :) x

That would look mint!

I wanted to spray the raised face near the rim on mine red but tom said I can't :L there to nice heehee however I am loving just the gloss black :D makes a nice change :) x
Or this red flake centre:
12-04-172.jpg

And gloss black raised section ;)

That's very close to cinebar red :p it'd have to be aj4 flame red to keep the flow :D however I have pinky promised i wont go near them with paint :p and we all know there's no going back on a pinky promise..... Should of crossed my fingers :L x

That's very close to cinebar red :p it'd have to be aj4 flame red to keep the flow :D however I have pinky promised i wont go near them with paint :p and we all know there's no going back on a pinky promise..... Should of crossed my fingers :L x
Of course, if the paint starts chipping for some reason you'd have to repaint them one way or another. I never mentioned sabotage, who said that????

That is true :) I rather like the change for now :) she's looking abit more aggressive :) they are perfect, not a mark on them :) and I think being completely black gives the illusion of less arch gap too :p X

Hello gentlemen and ladys...
This car has a problem im posting on here because I have photos rather than sending to chloe to post.
Ok here are the symptoms...
Battery dead...
Engine flooded...
Tried jumping no such luck even tried my Millies battery on it and its hesitantly cracking but still no will to go.
We have removed the spark plugs to find them very wet and the cylinders like this...
Cylinder 1
1389633754965.jpg

Cylinder 2
1389633800589.jpg

Cylinder 3
1389633839044.jpg

Cylinder 4
1389633864474.jpg

Dried the spark plugs and the cylinders as best as possible...
Removed the fuel pump fuse to stop anymore fuel entering.
Phoned Andy and asked for some special micra friend advice.
So will be checking the starter earth tomo and also checking for a spark.
Just wondering what anyone else thought.

ahh, just wizz it over with the plugs out, then let it evaporate for an hour or so, then it,ll probably fire up with the pump fuse out eh :)

ahh, just wizz it over with the plugs out, then let it evaporate for an hour or so eh, then it,ll probably fire up with the pump fuse out eh :)
This is what I thought... but there isnt a proper crank over, even with millies really good battery it just doesn't want to crank.
How do I avoid getting sparked from ht leads when I crank it over without the plugs frank?

This is what I thought... but there isnt a proper crank over, even with millies really good battery it just doesn't want to crank.
How do I avoid getting sparked from ht leads when I crank it over without the plugs frank?
Hold the ht lead close to block and will earth to block through air rather than the ground through you :)

Hold the ht lead close to block and will earth to block through air rather than the ground through you :)
Its only going to be me mate chloes at work tomo... hmm hold 4 ht leads and crank over anyone fancy lending me some more arms... ill give them back!

Ok stupid question how can I focus on 1 without sparking all 4
With plugs in and leads attached, remove one and hold close to block. Have someone crank it over and check it sparks. If it does reconnect the lead and do the same for the next one.
Thats a point, have you checked the leads are in the correct order?

With plugs in and leads attached, remove one and hold close to block. Have someone crank it over and check it sparks. If it does reconnect the lead and do the same for the next one.
Thats a point, have you checked the leads are in the correct order?
Ok ill tape it down ;)
I have no friends available to help.
Yes Andy them are in correct order not been removed from the dizzy and there numbered in order... it just stopped working.

depends how thick the paint is really, the head or exh mani would suffice :) you should easily see a spark in the dark eh
Ok no worries thanks frank.
I would do it now mate but time for tea and then ill be off to work myself (nightshifts)

to disable the ht leads just unplug the loom connectors off the dizzy or unplug the leads off the dizzy cap.

remove pump fuse and plugs and crank for few secs till the pistons appear dry.
fit the plugs, leads, dizzy connector then crank the engine without the pump fuse.
once it reaches correct afr it'll fire briefly before stopping (now unflooded).
now fit the pump fuse and start her.

another quicker way is just to pull the pump fuse to cut fuel, WOT and keep cranking for awhile to purge most of the liquid out the cylinder until eventually she fires briefly at the correct afr, then you fit the fuse back in.

always a good idea to check and clean the oxide off the dizzy cap points to ensure good cold start spark.

to disable the ht leads just unplug the loom connectors off the dizzy or unplug the leads off the dizzy cap.

remove pump fuse and plugs and crank for few secs till the pistons appear dry.
fit the plugs, leads, dizzy connector then crank the engine without the pump fuse.
once it reaches correct afr it'll fire briefly before stopping (now unflooded).
now fit the pump fuse and start her.

another quicker way is just to pull the pump fuse to cut fuel, WOT and keep cranking for awhile to purge most of the liquid out the cylinder until eventually she fires briefly at the correct afr, then you fit the fuse back in.

always a good idea to check and clean the oxide off the dizzy cap points to ensure good cold start spark.
Struggling to crank over eh, says flat battery (already checked), bad earth (likely) or bad starter motor (less likely)

Her starter motor has been removed and serviced recently, and she drove perfect Friday night :/ went to her sunday and completely dead :( how ever as Tom said she allways cranks.... Just not enough to turn her over and fuel pump primes everytime :) deffinately not the battery though (we've tried three) unfortunately we ran out of light then tea Time came and a few other bits so couldn't check the earth on the starter motor (tom's going to do that tomorrow while I'm at work) but the battery tray earth is fine @frank when I saw the liquid in the cylinders I looked to tom and nearly cried :p thank goodness it was just petrol :) x

the petrol will have washed the oil from the bores now clo, that makes the piston rings drag and slows the starter motor.
it would probably fire up no probs with a tow-start :)

Im knackered... night shift tonight and ive only had 3 hours sleep.
So today while chloe was at work ive removed the battery to check the earth cable its solid both ends dried spark plugs again and brought them inside to dry properly.
Cylinder 1 looks sludgy lots of carbon deposit but is drying.
Cylinder 2 is very wet will see how that one looks tomo its still pooling.
3 and 4 are dry.
Connected jumper cables to millie to check for spark but there is no will to crank over... confused.
Anything else im missing?

Back