• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mildred the Micra

If I was nearer I'd totally be over to help... once its been turned over a few times and flooded, and the fuel pump fuse has subsequently been removed, does it fire at all when cranked over (in its fuel pump fuse removed and flooded state)?

If I was nearer I'd totally be over to help... once its been turned over a few times and flooded, and the fuel pump fuse has subsequently been removed, does it fire at all when cranked over?
I know you would mate its ok.
It wont fire at all...

Try swapping the ht leads between cars (I'm still suspicious of the ignition tbh, it's MUCH easier for a spark to form in just air than in an air/fuel mixture, ESPECIALLY a fuel rich one)

Try swapping the ht leads between cars (I'm still suspicious of the ignition tbh, it's MUCH easier for a spark to form in just air than in an air/fuel mixture, ESPECIALLY a fuel rich one)
We have swapped the ht leads wirh a spare set we have buddy...
And I checked the dizzy today and its fine there wasnt even any crap on the points.

The starter motor turns fine so ignition must be okay? It wont even misfire and I've changed the ht leads for spare I had :/ x

You could try swapping the coil with yours Tom just to be doubley certain... if its not spark, and its not air, that only leaves ignition timing, fueling or compression...

You could try swapping the coil with yours Tom just to be doubley certain... if its not spark, and its not air, that only leaves ignition timing, fueling or compression...
I can check the coil tomo fuel system can be roughly checked by me but I dont have a compression tester.

Franks ghetto compression test is to push it on a flat surface in 3rd(?) And you can feel the lumpyness as one of the cylinders compresses and feel if one is less lumpy than the others

Just read this...

As frank says, Tow it at 20mph in second with ignition on, see if it fires up :)

Once this is done it sounds like you need to look into why its (most likely) over fueling. Temp sensor is the first place to start. Remember, there are two sensors, one for dials and one for ECU. you want the two wire one (for ECU). I would replace it to see if that makes a difference, Im sure someone will have a spare knocking about, I do but its at home :\

Just read this...

As frank says, Tow it at 20mph in second with ignition on, see if it fires up :)

Once this is done it sounds like you need to look into why its (most likely) over fueling. Temp sensor is the first place to start. Remember, there are two sensors, one for dials and one for ECU. you want the two wire one (for ECU). I would replace it to see if that makes a difference, Im sure someone will have a spare knocking about, I do but its at home :\
Ill try a bump start as soon as we can...
Ill replace the sensor with a new one if nothing else.

Heyaa azzy :) nope nothing... Two weeks and she's still dead :/ however we will be bumping her tomorrow and if that fails.... We will change the sensors :) x

Heyaa azzy :) nope nothing... Two weeks and she's still dead :/ however we will be bumping her tomorrow and if that fails.... We will change the sensors :) x
Same mate nothing after a long tow bump at 20 mph tryed 5 times but nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both coolant sensors spare. You can have them for cost of postage. Brand new never used.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'd always suggest testing if a component is operating out of spec with a multimeter and/or diagnostic software before forking out for new or spares

Heyy everyone :) clodo here! The oll' phone tinterweb ran out and we haven't sorted wifi so ive robbed toms phone :) MILDRED LIVES! After two weeks without her all I wanted to do was drive her! Temperature sensor change and she started first time! Thank you everyone ever so much for all your help and advice, couldn't appreciate it more! Goodness do I love my mildred! X

Soo Mildred is back on the road.... A day later found a giant puddle in her foot well..... Day after drove to work on the way, dropped a gear as I hit a 60... Half the exhaust fell of...
1391615447466.jpg

New against what was left.... To top it off.... Had to abandon her in field... 1391615520876.jpg for the best part of 13 hours till I Finnished work and could get her... We fixed that after yet a nother delay so longer without the car.... Two days after getting that sorted..... And if that wasn't enough of a punch in the stomach... Puncture! Wonderful... And I gave her a wash and a new air freshener... How ungrateful! X

Hello everyone :) been a while since my last update so thought I'd best make the effort :p
Soo.... this is how my Mildred looks at the minute :)
1393166131092.jpg

Attachments

• 1393166200071.jpg
    1393166200071.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 330
Yaaaay ! :D what with the puddle in my foot well thought it would be a good idea to check behind to see if all was well , and while its out may aswell tidy it up :) x

@Clodo

Fancy sharing what you find?

I empty like a liter of water out my passenger footwell earlier haha. found where it leaks from but if I block that I fear itll spill over into somewhere else such as the ECU :)

Luckily iv got a cheapo plastic/rubber matts so it just lands of them and no further but its getting annoying haha.

I suspect the scuttle panel seals like @pollyp has suggestion a few times but if you find anything different it would be good to know :)

Removed my scuttle yesterday and caked the underneath in black sealant :) hasn't been long enough to say wether its worked or not :) shall let you know, but it looked the Cause of the leak however behind the dash seems okay so far just very dusty :) oooo and I found a gummy bear! :D. ... today is a good day :L x

yea the old scuttle panel clip rubber seals tend to perish n leak into the cabin port these days
but also if the drainage gallery slots on either side of that section are block by yrs of debris (if the plastic panel mesh didn't keep em out) then water could also overflow into the port

Back