• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Marjorie The Micra

Hi!

I've bee a member on here for quite a while and not really done much with my Micra! Mainly because the wife's been using it as her daily run around for the past 18 months.

She's now moved onto the family Juke which was mine until she had 1 years no claims! Now that's hard on the insurance she's stolen it!

So now Marjorie is mine!

Here she is in the poor state I inherited her
6e66a3b8d6088bc6c3ed99a84bcdc8a9.jpg
e1411858e25afd42d28369987c8af6ee.jpg

The missing wheel trims are the result of mounting a traffic island at 30mph

So as it stands I've got a few must do jobs

1/ Service - the oil hasn't even been dropped in 2 years and the Pollen filter is the original!

2/ Fix a water leak on the passenger side

3/ deep clean - she's a dirty old bitch!

4/ figure out what is knocking on the back end and fix it

5/ sort the rust on the rear arches

After that I'm planning on a few minor mods

1/ lower with 35mm springs

2/ parcel shelf speakers

3/ marvel it up a little inside!

So today at work I attacked the pollen filter, chopped the dash, removed the filter. The one I got was the wrong one! New one will be in tomorrow! Decided to remove the filter box and blower motor so I could get in behind the dash to find my leak!

The motor is pretty rusty so I'm fairly confident the leak is coming from around there!

I'm pretty certain I've located it! There's an oval O ring and a green clip directly above the blower motor. Silicone sealed both of them and removed the scuttle pan to silicone them on top.

Left for a few hours to set and poured three buckets of water over the windscreen and no leak! So either it's coming from somewhere else or I've fixed it! Just hoping for some rain to make sure hahaha.

After putting my interior back together and driving home I was greeted with a little package on my door step!

f82253738eb4c465bb01696ef6507f8f.jpg

Can't beat a bit of 90's nostalgia!

Oh and yesterday I added a personal touch to my billy basic Micra

084aee69151bb93da74b270394a365d9.jpg

So that's it for now! I'm going to service it tomorrow providing my parts come and give it a quick wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after being away with the Mrs for our anniversary I got home to find my service kit has finally arrived! Downside is I'm now back at work so only managed to get the pollen filter done! On the plus side I don't have to worry about developing asbestosis from the original!

Nice bit of JDM stitching to get the dash back together!
8342dd088cc2863b4ed4ef39ecb8fff6.jpg

I'm absolutely sick of my shades flying around the car every time I take a sharp bend at more than 12mph! Managed to find this which is a perfect fit
f3dd13b27db6aaa5e47d3dc7c98239e9.jpg
3dff629954637abee7ec86b19b60a715.jpg

Hoping to get the service done on my lunch break tomorrow!

Finally got the service done! Managed to piss oil all over the top of the engine (should have invested a quid in a funnel) so I'll be degreasing that today!

Sorry for the lack of pics but my progress so far is relatively boring!

Picking up my original parcel shelf tomorrow to start the transplant of the pods from my old grey shelf into my age appropriate black shelf!

Just received this in the post from Hong Kong... anyone attempted soldering the micro switches before?
fd351216b5a991823f5a69d78e150873.jpg

I did the switches yesterday on my keys. The unlock has more room for the soldering iron / placement compared to the lock one which is pretty close to other components. I just heated one side and with some thin nose pliers twisted them off, getting the new one in place is quite fiddly

Back