• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Max'd Out Micra - My story

Mine last year was £2000 cheaper than micrapros x
£2000? :eek:
Its sexism really, and I mean no offence here to anyone as I know you're all part of the decent driver crowd, but from day to day driving I see more women causing accidents and the person that's had to take evasive action is punished and is usually male
(We genuinely have a high accident rate round here and that's normally how it goes)

Though I believe finally that the gender divide has gone from insurers now?

Obviously
A friend of mine had her car stolen.... it was insured naturally. As third party, fire and THEFT... apparently its not covered... dafuq? Scamming wan... woosah!

Typical..
Can't really say I'm surprised though.. It's never seemed very trustworthy to me.

2nk8a5x.jpg

Looky what we have here then ;)

As usual won't be going on for a while for insurance reasons... Just nice to get some stuff in for when I actually can start using it.

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Lack of updates, sorry.. Too cold and lack of monies.
Had my first real driving lesson yesterday, In a "wonderful" Corsa D. Much prefer the Micra :D

Lack of updates, sorry.. Too cold and lack of monies.
Had my first real driving lesson yesterday, In a "wonderful" Corsa D. Much prefer the Micra :D
My sister has a Corsa D. I sat in the drivers seat when she got it even with just 6miles on the clock the clutch felt sloppy and the gearbox was horrendously clunky.

Very cheap, nasty.

Ever looked under the bonnet?

The 1.2 in the engine bay is hilarious, like a small loaf of bread in the middle of a tennis court.

£2000? :eek:
Its sexism really, and I mean no offence here to anyone as I know you're all part of the decent driver crowd, but from day to day driving I see more women causing accidents and the person that's had to take evasive action is punished and is usually male
(We genuinely have a high accident rate round here and that's normally how it goes)

Though I believe finally that the gender divide has gone from insurers now?

Correct. The Gender Neutral directive came into force 21/12/2012, making it illegal for insurers to rate differently, based on gender...

...you can tell what I do for a living, can't you?

It even makes me sleepy just reading it....ffs...

Correct. The Gender Neutral directive came into force 21/12/2012, making it illegal for insurers to rate differently, based on gender...

Yup, the average males went down and the average females went up.

Nah...males didn't go down at all in my IMO opinion of mine...the laydeez just went up.

You wanted equality? Yeah?

How do you like it now, eh?

Wish you hadn't said anything?

Nah...males didn't go down at all in my IMO opinion of mine...the laydeez just went up.

You wanted equality? Yeah?

How do you like it now, eh?

Wish you hadn't said anything?
Pfft, they're still not paying as much as us, jokes still on us.

Very interesting job if you ask me :)

Good news and bad news.
The good news is that I got my parcel shelf from @skymera and I think it really makes a difference to the sound. So thank you for that mate.

The bad news is that I found out today my drivers side front brakes are sticking. They were squealing all round town, so my dad suggested he rag it a bit and warm them up. Unfortunately this led to smoke pouring from the right front brakes, and a horrible burning smell. Limped it home using the handbrake. She's gonna be off the road for a while till we can get that sorted. :/

Good news and bad news.
The good news is that I got my parcel shelf from @skymera and I think it really makes a difference to the sound. So thank you for that mate.

The bad news is that I found out today my drivers side front brakes are sticking. They were squealing all round town, so my dad suggested he rag it a bit and warm them up. Unfortunately this led to smoke pouring from the right front brakes, and a horrible burning smell. Limped it home using the handbrake. She's gonna be off the road for a while till we can get that sorted. :/

Silly daddy....

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

Doesn't take much to burn em out. Lets hope there's no warped disc :)
I've had the wheel off already. Looks normal, is there anything that would suggest it has warped that I should look for?

I've had the wheel off already. Looks normal, is there anything that would suggest it has warped that I should look for?

Spin the disk if you can and see if, at any point, it rubs more than any other place

Worse comes to the worse, new disk is like 30/40 quid :) should be a cheap enough fix anyway by any decent garage Amy :p

What Alex said..
Spin the disk if you can and see if, at any point, it rubs more than any other place

Worse comes to the worse, new disk is like 30/40 quid :) should be a cheap enough fix anyway by any decent garage Amy :p
Plus if you don't notice any difference and the calipers turn up ok
A hard press on the brakes reveals alot. It'll wobble your steering wheel if its warped :)
Nothing mega but if so get it changed (always change in pairs) :)

Alllll of the updatessss!
Right where to start
Last month myself and my dad attended the local motor clubs club night to talk about getting my dad back into Motorsport. I offered my car and he .. Almost jumped at the chance. So we've entered an autotest on the 25th. I should get a little go too, but we're doing this for him.

Next, was japfest. It was imperative this went well as I organised it!
beru9ady.jpg

Little Layla got so much attention, comments included "spotless" which made my day, I was over the moon with that.

And what I've been looking at tonight...
My dad had a subwoofer in his Impreza when he bought it. Never used it and put in the loft. On the way home from japfest yesterday, he said we should try and put it in the micra. So:
sy6yqa8a.jpg

Took the Amp and remaining wires out of the Impreza and got left with this:
pabyqyde.jpg

And then a little tester of what it would look like ...
uja9evy5.jpg

Still need some stuff, although not entirely sure what. Thanks for reading!

For anyone who hasn't seen my new car:
5a3una7u.jpg

3eparyta.jpg

1994 Subaru Legacy Wagon. Genuine EJ20 boxer engine.

And now confession time.
The car is finally back on the road, and I'm making no real effort to drive it. I drove for the first time in maybe 3/4 months last week.
Not feeling it at all.
Cheaper to get the train to see my girlfriend.. I walk to work..
just blegh
I'll maybe start lessons again soon IDK. Whatever really.

No.
No.
No.

Why subwoofer if auto testing? It'll just move around, the wires will rattle, and you'll get lovely vibrations.

MAX IT'S A RACE CAR NOW

No.
No.
No.

Why subwoofer if auto testing? It'll just move around, the wires will rattle, and you'll get lovely vibrations.

MAX IT'S A RACE CAR NOW
Chill it's gonna be a real bad install (Obviously because I'm doing it) so I can unplug it and take it out for events.

unu9uty6.jpg

ebe4uqyn.jpg

Little bit muddy. Don't even care. Haven't washed car since.

Back