• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Story of OMY :)

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
As you know I have been on here for quite a while now, I am on my second micra now, and I got this one a few months ago, She has had a fair bit done to her, not really any performance mods but just things to make her the way I want her and a nice place to be. So I thought I would make a blog :)
She is an 02 plate 1.4 Twister she had 60k on the clock when i got her. She only had one owner when I got her and was looked after quite well, she runs perfectly.

Let me know what you think, It may be a little pic heavy, ill get around to posting pics of all the new stuff and get some up to date ones pretty soon :)

This is what she looked like when I got her.
IMAG0106.jpg
IMAG0105.jpg
IMAG0107.jpg

The first think i did when i got the car was changed the stereo, changed the front door speakers, added a subwoofer and put 2 Fli 6 inch speakers in the parcel shelf. and added some boot lights,
IMAG0032.jpg

Quite messy but it worked and did what i wanted, this got tidyed up abit later on as you will see very soon :)

Then after a while, i decided that i dident need a huge sub in my boot as it meant that i had no room for stuff but also it was far to much bass for what i wanted, i only wanted it to be balenced. So then came the boot build.
IMAG0218.jpg
IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

Then once the fibreglass and stuff had set propely, i finished it off and re added the boot lights.
IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

Much better in my opinion, It now gives sharp punchy balenced bass, without the drone of the standard sub.

Next i installed, Footwell lights, under door puddle lights, and under door handle puddle lights, these come on when i unlock the car or when i open either the driver or passenger door. I have also installed running lights, but only wired them up to a switch so they come on when i want them to.
IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0328.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Next step was i installed HID's
I loved the light output when these were positioned at the highest just like the standard bulbs, but this would blind people, so i was having to have them on the lowest setting, also the light pattern was rubbish and one of them was flickering, so i removed these the next day. and put in 120% brighter Ring bulbs which i am very happy with.
IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0378.jpg

I then went round all the wheels, too them off the car, cleaned them up and got rid of any rust and stuff as they looked really bad through the wheel trims.
While the wheels were off the car i painted both the break calibers and both the rear hubs, also the rear axle and panhard rod.
I will update this when i have some up to date pics of the car maybe later on tonight.
IMAG0264.jpg

I baught a role of LED's so something like 600 SMD's over 5 metres, then cut them all and wired them all up my self, and nope they are ring Cruse lights :) more to come with those and some others that are going on the car tonight :p

I have now baught some Ring illuminator 3 fog lights, although i will be using them as spot/ flood lights.
These will be going on the car this evening so long as its dry.

Both pictures were taken with a single light running off an 11v battery so they will be brighter and the cut off line will be sharper when on the car.

These are the standard 55w H3's that come with them,
IMAG0398.jpg

They wernt bright enough so i put in some 70w H3's which have a far better cut off, however these still arnt good enough for me ;)
IMAG0399.jpg

There is only so much brightness you can get out of standard bulbs..
Thats why i should be recieving a set of HID's for the Ring illuminator Floods and another set for the Ring Cruse spot lights.
Both sets will be 35w in the colour of 4300K so they should be the brightest 35w HID's you can buy :)

Its an MDF panel with the sub in, then Fibreglass to seal off the holes, there are just 3 screws at the top of the panel, once they are undone you can move the panel away and access the bulbs easily.

Well the new projector flood lights went on last night with there 70w bulbs in, but they arnt bright enough as yet, how ever the post man has been today and left me 2 sets of HIDS, so they will be going in both my spots and Flood later tonight :p pictures to come :p

Yeah ive been told by friends that its like they are being followed by a space ship, I will be putting in the HID's when i get home later, so following pictures are just 70w bulbs in the floods and 55w bulbs in the spots :p

All the lights on the car, at night you can only see the glass front.
IMAG0405.jpg

Floods 70w bulbs Cut off line
IMAG0400.jpg

Spots 55w
IMAG0403.jpg

well i took the fog lights off as they really dont do anything other than putting a straight line across the wall, I took them back and got a set of Hella Micro DE's and put 4300k HID in them, These have a sharp cut off line but also they put alot of light on the road it is very even, I have also got new Ballests and put the 5000K HIDS back in the Head lights so these are "Diamond White" had them aligned by the local MOT Tester the other night as he said because i had the Glare Shields and baught the HIDS with the Glare shields round them that they are prefectly legal and dont put out any more glare than Halogen, They are now perfectly aligned and Tehy would be happy to pass them in an MOT, And they are by far the brightest and best lights i have had in my head lights, Very impressed with them :) I will upload pics soon :)

yeah I am aswell, Its just the fogs are 4300K and its do I change them to match or do I just keep them as they are :) just the 5000k aare awesome in the dry and pretty good in the wet, but apparently 4300K is really good in the dry and also really good in bad weather :) so its a touch choice aha

I know its just the colour but depending on what colour you get there are a different amount of Lumens that are output, and its the lumens that justify how bright they are and out of the whole scale 4300K have the most Lumens :)

hmm fair enough, Im running 5000K in the head lights currently and 4300K in the Projector fog lights, might upgrade the fogs to 55w though hmm :p

urmmm maybe not :p however there was a little bit of the windows and sound system ;) I shall try and get a few other things about the car on here :p I have just got a video of my exhaust aswell so I shall put that up sooon :)

Frankspeed mani, Cold air intake, K&N Panel Filter, emptied back box then the Bosch Super 4 plugs haven't really done much else, Im pretty boring :p

Well alots changed for OMY, I now have Apex Springs and Bilstein Shocks, Lowered 40MM on the front and 25MM on the back I believe.

I also now have a Decat and a Peter Lloyd Rallying Exhaust.

Turns out my subwoofer had gone pop which is why I had rattling and no bass, So I have another on the way but for the time being I have put in an old boxed one my mate gave me. I have also fit 6x9's in my rear doors :)

I have also changed my Air intake location so its right in front of the front grills this actually made a difference to the feel of the car and you get a cool sucking noise from it :)

And the Front grill is now Black.

Pictures as soon as I can get a chance to upload them :)

Oh also I have got rid of the spots and fog lights on the front of the car and replaced them with 2 flood LED Lights and 1 7Inch LED Light Bar in Spot beam format, these are all wired onto my High beam and my god are they bright, I think they look better too :)

Back