short story of life of my micra

R

richard40

i bought a nissn micra k10 just as a run around until i get my proper car on the road. it cost me £80 and had 6 months mot and no tax.
been driving it as hard as i can since ive had it and i must say they are very robust. its been off road and up huge mountains had tug of wars with much better cars and won. had races with much better cars and won. it started out being nissan silver blue. that got bboring pretty quick and myself and a mate painted it with rattle cans. gave it viper stripes, red wing mirros, red wheels, red number plate lights, red grille, nd red other stuff.
i then crashed it. obviously. i repaired it at a cost of £120!
imagine it. it now had red bits all over it and a balck wing and smashed bumber.
my boss at the place i was working at the time promptly asked me to "stop parking outside as we have a reputation and image to uphold".
so naturally i decided that painting it was the only way to go.
off to b+q and bough a roller and a tub of loss black
perfect.
drove it round for a long time like this. looked fine. kept hammering it about without a single problem.
a few days ago a mate of mine was driving and popped the tyre on a curb:suspect: . then decided it was better to just get rid o the car rather than buy a new tyre. so we took it down a back lane from my house and flipped it over with a suzuki vitara. i was in it along with one of my mates. popped front screen and both rear sides.
rolled it bak over and it was totally wrecked. caved in roof and everything.
so we set about killing the engine. opened the oil filler cap and filled it to the brim with water glass, nails, brake fluid, upholstery cleaner, cement, sand and rocks. started her up and it ran for a good 20 mins. until timing bel t snapped. now its in a scrap yard.

so thats my story
richi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skhgyl599pI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyZ9IeGkOK0

Rollcage would have happened if i'd fitted the turbo'd CG13! Anyway, im not planning on going on my roof in a hurry so i'l be ok without one :)

yeah im seriously considering rollcaging the ST, seeing this just makes me more worried and to want to doo it sooner.

I understand why the states didn't want the car, it crumpled like a fiend... But like Arnold said, won't be on the roof any time soon lol

ooh i'll have to have a look at this when home (cant go on you tube at work)

sounds like fun, if not a bit cruel LOL better than it just going to a scrap yard though, nice one!

Shame - sounds like that one would have been good for another few years! Scary seeing how trashed it was after a roll though

Interesting that is... last time I went to the circus... :unclesam: they had a stunt where they flipped a micra from 20mph-ish and it stood up fine to that, they did it about 5 times.

So I guess it can depend on how it rolls

ye

yes the way the roof caved in is actually very scary. i would not want to be in a ny sort of crash in a nissan micra let a lone a roll. you all seen how slow it went over and how much damage it done! scary. there is one very strong thing about these cars though and thts the engine. did very well.
another thing that shocked me big time is that teh front windscreen isnt laminated. ISNT! why not? i have a dolomite sprint from 77 that has one.

Depends on the screen. I think laminated is now law, and not toughened. im fairly sure as if you get a crack with toughened it almost explodes showeing you with glass, so it can no longer be like that. Dont quote me on this! How old was the car?

My old red K10 from 1990 didn't have a laminated windscreen and my aunt found this out when a large stone hit the windscreen and shattered it, I was still finding bits of glass in the dash two years later! Needless to say the replacement WAS laminated!

Back