• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Max'd Out Micra - My story

Thanks for the birthday wishes, I thought I'd let you all know before I Facebook it, the old decided it'd be a good time to be a rusty POS and needs £140 worth of welding done. Total MOT bill - £193.
*sigh*

Time to throw money at it till it's well.

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

What if you make it a 2 seater?
Not sure on the laws. Doubt that'll work tbh.
That's exactly what I said. But, we can't do that now without paying the garage for the welding, because it's there now.. And will be till Friday! :mad:

A: I don't know anyone who can weld
B: It's not allowed to leave the MOT centre or something because it's not MOT'd or Tax'd :p Something like that.
You can trailer it away, probably £30. Hire a mig welder, £50 a week or so. £25 worth of scrap plate to practice on and then weld yourself...

Yup, you'll either fix your car or hurt yourself and then I'll laugh :p
Seriously though, consider it if you plan on modding in the future, take the plunge and it opens up a whole world of possibilities :)

Yeah, when fund's are more readily available, might be an option :')

So, she's having her surgery tomorrow, should get her home tomorrow night, for the first time since March she'll be at my house :D

Ah stop it now, really looking forward to giving her a wash now!

Good luck with the car Max :)
Also when my grey k11 failed its mot, I was allowed to drive it away to fix the problem then take it back for a re-test :/

Also when my grey k11 failed its mot, I was allowed to drive it away to fix the problem then take it back for a re-test :/
Thanks man :)
Yeah, I've heard other people say the same..

Just off to pay the bill, and go to the post office to try to sort out some tax.

1460276_361112210699638_726888210_n.jpg

Went for a drive, got her so muddy :/
Just grabbed a picture of her after a wash, next to my dad's Subaru <3

Only if the prev MOT is still valid. If it has no MOT and fails you can't legally drive it home

You can drive it to and from a pre-appointed mot despite result :)

No mate, if his car fails and it doesn't have an MOT certificate still valid, he can't drive it home.

"If the vehicle fails the test and the certificate has expired, you can only drive it to:
  • a pre-arranged appointment at a garage to have the repairs done
  • a pre-arranged MOT test appointment"

No mate

"If the vehicle fails the test and the certificate has expired, you can only drive it to:
  • a pre-arranged appointment at a garage to have the repairs done
  • a pre-arranged MOT test appointment"
Coppers round here say its allowable to and from if its insured

No MOT means invalidarted insurance.

I'm sure Gov.uk doesn't lie.

On a really bad day if stopped, it'll be 6 points and car seized.
No MOT means third party only insurance and they must be called to inform them of the trip details... not cheap

I'm sure it doesn't but this is the real world and this is what actually happens

I'd rather make sure I'm as legit as possible to be honest, stuff starts to get real expensive if you're not. Thanks for the info though :)

Right then.
What did I do today? To the surprise of my family, managed to fit a Christmas tree in her.
Also, placed a bid on some lowering springs.

#Stancedlife #Slammed #LowLyfestyle

Won the springs. :D.
Gonna see what the insurers say about me putting them on soon. Nothing will get done till after Christmas, as I'm heading off to Birmingham to meet some mates this weekend, then... Bloody hell it's Christmas.. Where did that time go :S
Then the Japfest prep starts. :)

Back