the story begins......

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Sorry guys, I'm quoting estimated retail prices.... The price a 'walk in' customer may pay, I pay significantly less since I am a member of a datsun Z car club and my good friend works in the spare parts department at Nissan. So a tensioner which would cost you $90-100 costs me approx $70

I can ask the part numbers maybe tomorrow depending what time I finish work.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
I'm the same, I have a friend in Melbourne and one in Sydney, so if anyone needs prices and parts I'm sure I can help. But if your willing to wait 10-30 days amayama is by far the cheapest.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
**** mate! thats savage!

i picked one up and two light bulbs for the wifes kia for 60 bucks. so not bad going. got it all fitted up last night, just goota change the oil filter and plugs tonight, then ill run it up see if it makes a difference... prob wont.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
soooo new upper tensioner, brilliant! almost all the noise is gone. engine ran for a dream for about 4 hours.

next day kept trying to stall, then the next day (this morning) was fine again....

lowering ****. how farking confusing is it! i cant find a straight answer anywhere.

and the two guys on waiting on with coilovers havent answered!

bride seat rail turned up yesterday, going to pick up a spare autotechnica seat from a friend tomorrow.....

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
plattsy WROTE:

havent answered!

bride seat rail turned up yesterday, going to pick up a spare autotechnica seat from a friend tomorrow.....

Is the seat fixed or adjustable?

Wouldn't mind a seat with more support myself although I might just have the stockies re-trimmed rather than mess around with new rails/welding etc.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
the rail fully slides, and the seat is reclinable. comfy as hell. shame he didnt have a pair, but i wont have that many passengers, when im whipping round winton lol

guy i got my seat rail from has a bride side mount rail for sale... pick up a cheap fixed back and plonk it on....?

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
alright.... i dont know the limit on posts per thread, IE starting a second page, so ill just carry on for now.

scored some corsa/barina rear monroe gt's and full front setup from a matiz at the weekend. rear springs as well. 80 dollars.

waiting on some longer wheel studs to come, then imma do a corner at a time, installing the new (old) gear and sorting the brakes. hoping the 50mm drop will cure my truckitis!

just need an adjustable panhard rod now for the drop....

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
plattsy WROTE:

just need an adjustable panhard rod now for the drop....

offset bushes are an option if you have access to a lathe and some 40mm nylon rod plattsy ?
made in 2 halves and squeezed into the p/rod end, giving a 7.5mm axle shift (which will correct most drops)

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
that is not an option for me frank! haha. no access to any of that...

GREAT idea tho...

tell you what its a shame your back home mate... if you ever want a holiday, your welcome to come stay at mine, in exchange for micra work haha!

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
i have all the gear! im just waiting on the longer wheels studs turning up, that way i can do a corner at a time. also need to do the brakes...

realllllly need a pan hard rod now. dont wanna buy brand new!!!!!

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
alright guys, finbaly managed to get the matiz front setup in.

5mm filled from top hole on hub mount. 2mm washer on the hub mount bolts.

i used the matiz boots, with built in bump stops, the micra spring retainer and nylon washer, and the micra top hat. sprayed my pulsar calipers red for the extra 25kw. also changed my wheel studs for longer 65mm variants. now have plenty of thread to fit these wheels on with.

also found a panhard rod, so when that turns up ill be putting the corsa rear shocks and matiz springs in.

looking for some 14inch stockies from any car thatll fit the micra, these wheels are rather close to everything and cant get the guard liners in for the roadworthy!

heres the pic! enjoy the aussie liquid wrap paint job i did too.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
lookin good plattsy :)
i angled the 5mm slots slightly on mine, for a touch of camber,
and i squeezed the sides together, instead of packing washers (looks a bit more legit)
have the lower perches been dropped ?

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
hotfunk67 WROTE:

As in plasti dipi

OK fair enough. You'll find the Armor All Extreme Shield to be almost identical, just slightly less expensive if you're buying it in a spray can. There are rumors flying around that both the Plastidip and Armor All products are made by the same company.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
And frank cheers mate!

Didn't drop the perches gotta have 100mm clearance at the lowest point to pass Aussie mot.

Will get round to rears soon, wife just got me stereo and that for Xmas!

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
Really? I wouldn't have known!

Anyway it works great, pick up a cheap electric spray gun and smash it on, works out a lot cheaper than the alternatives, will be turning the car white with bottom black, from scuff bars down.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
plattsy WROTE:

Didn't drop the perches gotta have 100mm clearance at the lowest point to pass Aussie mot.

you still have the full stroke of the damper then plattsy, its a humdinger spring eh (11 coils and about 100mm of preload iirc)
i ran mine with the perches sitting on the hub mount for a while, then welded a collar under them once the height was determined.

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
plattsy WROTE:

"heres my fleet. very obscure! korean, aussie, and jdm!

still waiting on wheel studs to get this drop sorted!

I presume the 'jdm' is meant to be the micra so you mean eudm right?

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
No it means jdm. For jog on domestic market.

You lot are worse than Honda owners!

Frank.... You should have a go with these slip overs.... See what the go is!

If anything with the 15's I have too much travel, might have a bit of scrappage, will pick some Honda 14's up soon for general running about tyres.

Stiill waiting on ph rod to drop the rear, and my gas soldering iron I had for years just **** itself, so I'm stuck half way on some loom modifications.

Still plenty of time to get it sorted tho so all good for now! Might ppp these new door speakers in seeing as the weather isn't bad!

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
ok, post xmas update....

rear lows where completed!

momo wheel aquired and some stockies, cheers for that cain!

just brakes to bleed, and a quick test drive down the road, then it should be roady time.

once that is out of the way, the turbo conversion will start immediately!

Back