• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

jims sexy new motor

:laugh:aparently it was teh second sensor that is in the downpipe it was giving a false reading so i would have needed another o2 sensor if the bloke didnt no that i was going to put my janspeed back on

oh and i slipped him a few quid:laugh:;):p

mine didnt pass when i had my 1.0 until i put the second cat in under the car and ragged her to get it hot

and yea i did lol but its because i have two sensors though one had melted so wasnt reading properly and when i had my janspeed on this one the engine manigement light stoped on

erm i have janspeed mani, standard middle cat and ashley comp back box.

ill add you probs wont be on until later but i will defo do it :D

ah ok well you should be ok but i tell you what it doesnt half make a differance when you have a full decat then going back to standard there is no power at all

well saying i had my janspeed mani and decat on my car for over a year i decided to give it a quick coat of hi temp paint even though i no it will make no differance
DSC01008.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

comments welcome

Hey dude i just read through your blog, and wow some impressive stuff!! love the way your motors looking!! ... re: the manifold...thats gonna look the nuts when its in the engine bay!! Keep it up matey, it was a good read!!

it said red on the tin and it looked red on my floor lool and they look red but might look orange when on compared to my rocker cover

i painted my janspeed manifold with silver high temp paint, but it didn't last long at all. that's why i decided to heat wrap it. the wrap also stopped most of the horrible janspeed rasp aswell, which was an added bonus.
and painting it wont stop it rottign as they rot from the inside out due to condensation etc inside exhast.

here's a pic of it before fitting (btw, i welded mine together as i could never seal the joints properly)

(click on pic to enlarge)

i want to do that but i got told that it will rot away faster with the heat wrap on might still do it until i get my stainless one made up how much heat wrap will i need

Hi jim, really nice car! like what youve done to it!

I dont know if you've already said but where did you get your cage from, it looks smart!

cheers

i got a pm off a lad that wanted the standard interior out of a super s i was stripping he asked me how much i wanted for it all i had no idea as i have seen door cards front and back seats go for 100 and then he said would you be interested in a roll cage 2 bucket seats and some dtm mirrors for them so i said yea and i was well pleased when i went to pick them up

was in two minds weather to put the cage in but after i put it in i didnt regret it

well i was going to wait till pay day to put my manifold and decat on but i couldnt wait so its back on now spent most of the day today with her put my rear arb on wired up a switch for my horn but now its stoped working hovered her out washed her as well

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01032.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

i have also been helping my friend mod his clio so we had a lil photo shoot
DSC01021.jpg

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01015.jpg

DSC01014.jpg

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01012.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

DSC01020.jpg

haha just a few eh lol and my friend decided to wash just the rear quater on his car leave the rest dirty lol
DSC01019.jpg

comments welcome

i love your car like ! thought it looked amazing when i seen you that day when i was in the hr-v

i'd advise against heat wrapping the janspeed mild steel systems cause mine was wrapped and was blowing like nothing ever before and when i removed the heat wrap i found 4 holes in the cat, a hairline crack in every branch of the manifold a hole in the back box, not to mention the amount on rust that fell off and messed up my garage floor !

Coming along well Jimmy, still need to sort out your bonnet and bumper wth what it looks like massive goose poo, lol. Some great pics there as well.

cheers guys dont think im going to heat wrap it now

and the clio is a 1.4 rt 8 valve he has put the 16 v seats in and the 16 v break calipers and he is spraying the dash black after i persuaded him to do it as the blue and white didnt look right

next thing is save up to get my arches put on and smoothed in as well as the bumpers and the door locks cant wait

phill mate its kenny btw lol and on the photoshoot ones my car was dirty the ones above them she was nice and clean

Random question Kenny lol, any chance you can get me a close up pic of your boot handle and one of the number plate lights?
Cheers mate.

yea i can just from the out side mate

pics as requested
DSC01066.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

also im at jap north east on sunday and i have entered for the car of the month compertition so quickly sprayed my bumper so you cant see where the paint stripper waqs unless you get right up close
DSC01065.jpg

yea got to modify them a lil bit as i want them from the lip kit to the side skirtsand then get them blended in as well as the bumpers smoothed and the side skirts not sure how they can do them

i have to say that boot handle has grown on me :) if mine wasnt already courlor coded i would have brought one just to be diffrent...everyone goes for the prefacelift boot handle to de-badge the nissan badge on facelifts, i think the 01 handle looks less common and more modern IMO.

right as said in post 232 i entered my self in to the jap north east car of the show for march as it changes between fwd rwd awd etc so when i turned up i was up against a few better cars than mine as there were 11 of us

These were them:-

1.honda crx
2. knight rider. may aswell. (almera)
3. Dancer (if he shows up)(didnt show up)
4. hoho15(civic ek9)
5. Davyw22 (civic eg)
6. V-tec(ep3 type r)
7. Rondo. might aswell(suziki ignus sport)
8. AdamT-Sport (yaris)
9. ST3(supra sz)
10.jaybyname(not sure what they were in )
11.jim bling in me micra now dont laugh
12.olly black celica

it started at 2pm and there was a raffle and then the car of the month was anounced

and guess who won

ME GET IN HA HA

was well supprised to win like didnt expect it at all but got a trophy and my pic taken to go on the front page of the jap north east website which will be there for a whole month

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

DSC01076.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01084.jpg

DSC01083.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

i will put the link up for the front page of the jap north east forum but it will probs take a few days to get changed from feb`s winner

www.japnortheast.co.uk

Back