• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

jims sexy new motor

@ phill depends fella i got mine cheeper as i new the bloke but if i didnt no him it would have cost 40 or 45 for a full run checking my fuel setup etc

Suppose that's not too bad, I'll probably wait until I can afford Ant's Cherry Bomb and attached it before attempting a roller.

Been meaning to ask what's happening about the Mahoosive Bird Poo type stuff on your front bumper?

it will be gettin sorted when i have my arches fitted and painted as im gona get them smoothed in and get the bumpers smoothed in also

as you can see earlier in my blog i got the bonnet sorted

right well just a lil update went and bought my self some bulbs for the car
DSC00919.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

you can tell the differance between the normal lights
DSC00920.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

normal ones^^^^^^^^^^^
DSC00924.jpg

extreme ones ^^^^^^^^^

DSC00925.jpg

finaly fixed my grill and the holes have gone ( better pic)
DSC00926.jpg

comments welcome peeps

I've now had 2 sets of those LED Side lights and they blew in about 4-5 weeks. The first set lasted aaaaages then one started to flicker.So took them out and put a new set in. After a couple of weeks one of them started to flicker and the other blew.

They're great bulbs,nice and bright but crap for long life. Dunno if its the bulbs or something with the car lol

If you have problems with LED's contact Ring the number is on the back of the Card, I'm sure if you explain the problem and they'll understand and proberly sen you a handful, lol.

The LED's Frank has posted are top quality as they have a heatsink around the outside, it's just the price your willing to pay for them.

Anyway car is coming along nicely, personally I would have bought SPW501B which are Blue standard non LED bulbs.

If you have problems with LED's contact Ring the number is on the back of the Card, I'm sure if you explain the problem and they'll understand and proberly sen you a handful, lol.

The LED's Frank has posted are top quality as they have a heatsink around the outside, it's just the price your willing to pay for them.

Anyway car is coming along nicely, personally I would have bought SPW501B which are Blue standard non LED bulbs.

the one on the left is a £2, 100 candle 10mm one,
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/10mm-100k-ultra-white-leds-with-wires-p-1575.html
and if mounted well back (away from the heat), should be ok, there,s one in my grille which you can see focused on the doors
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11347&stc=1&d=1230470981

cheers for the comments guys cant wait for pay day so i can get my lower strut brace on and my rear arb as i think i am gong to have to get new wishbones and having to drill the bolt out

@daz they will be sent out asap very busy atm

kenny

an air chisel usually free,s off those bolts from the bush, if not i usually cut the head and thread off with a 4" angle grinder/cutting disc and spread the flanges to pull the wishbone out, so as to get it in a vice :)

i wish i could get the car up high enough to get my dads air gun onto it without lieing on the floor we have ramps but it still doesnt get it up hight enough as i have to put the back end on them and jack the car up use axel stands but the jack doesnt go high enough

well update guys got my car fixed now yey two brand new wishbones and me lower strut brace on also and omg it has made such a differance now its just my mot due on monday hope it passes need to change my exhaust though
DSC00976.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00978.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

after that i have to put my rear arb on and my handling is near enough done

see your lower strut brace does it stick down underneath the lowest point of the underbody?? i have one sitting here but my cars that low im scared im gonna fit it and it gets stuck on something or scraped to bits

it does sit very low stani! I went to drive into a parking space with one of the lift up barriers that had been lowered down and bounced backwards when i tried to, it didn't even scrape the splitter :eek:

hmm im kinda stuck because the car looks amazing when its as low as it is now, i suppose i could test fit it and see how much it clears the ground by...do it at the w/e maybe if the weathers good

cheers for the replys guys it makes a hell of a lot of a differance makes it feel alot stiffer but i think that has something to do with the new wishbones as well

krish i got it from matt humphries on here

i highly recomend this whiteline gear if you want a fast road car / track car stanni just do it mate but take your time going over speed bumps etc

and the exhaust shouldnt be that hard reallyjust need to take my manifold off and put standard one back on so the engine manigement light goes off and both cats will be on so emmisions should be spot on

yea you wont regret it mate oh well pay day now as its friday just got to buy my down pipe and then its on with the exhaust when i get up out of bed

and the exhaust shouldnt be that hard reallyjust need to take my manifold off and put standard one back on so the engine manigement light goes off and both cats will be on so emmisions should be spot on

The engine managment light doesnt come on on prefacelifts so its just the emmisions i have to worry about, its just a pain in the arse cause my standard exhaust bolts are all sheared grr

drove from my friends garage to asda to get some moeny out parked up was working fine got my money out got back in the car started her put her into reverse and the clutch went funny and the car jumped forwards four times then clutch hit the floor sprang back up and then woulldnt go in to any gear at all everytime it was just grinding gutted more money i need to fork out might throw a race clutch on her saying itneeds replacing

drove from my friends garage to asda to get some moeny out parked up was working fine got my money out got back in the car started her put her into reverse and the clutch went funny and the car jumped forwards four times then clutch hit the floor sprang back up and then woulldnt go in to any gear at all everytime it was just grinding gutted more money i need to fork out might throw a race clutch on her saying itneeds replacing

kenny, does the clutch feel normal ?

checked the cable on the peddle and on the gearbox so its something interninaly so might have it apart tomorrow if i get a chance

nice car mate. bet if handels like its on rails will all the stuff n the toyo t1r's best tyres made.. and gearbox r simple.. i got myn out in a hour... good luck mate

cheers yea it handles like a go kart even better with the back end stripped out was supposed to be going up to crail on the 8th with my friend in his civic but i cant see it happening now

Not having much luck mate, but what you've done to the Micra so far is excellent, I am really conidering removing my back seats and just imagining a roll cage, lol.

ha ha phill do it man i wouldnt normaly recomend stripping back end out but it does make a differance when you want a fast road car and one that also looks good ((mine)) ha ha what a big head i have

well guys my clutch is now fixed and omg that flat spot i had in second gear has now gone and the acceleration is unreal

i went down and the bloke that done it said that the second gear syncro (think thats what its called) the teeth are a bit worn but aparently one of the springs must have been broken for a while as when he took it apart he looked and couldnt find the spring but here is a couple of pics of the broke clutch

DSC00999.jpg

DSC01000.jpg

101.5 BHP STILL MORE TO DO

What have you done to get that figure? and how do you know that is how much you have? Sorry if you've already said in the thread, I did speed read a bit but couldn't see how it was acheived.

Looking for a 1350 myself or should I say 1.4.

Thanks

cheers square pants and yea its a janspeed manifild janspeed decat then stainless steel cat back to back box with a tuned pipe for the air filter and there is a dyno print out on this blog some where and there is still more that i have planed

well car has just came back from the mot garage and it failed on the emissions test even though i had the standard manifold and second cat on even though my car only came with the manifold cat

BUT............................

my car passed its mot get in as the bloke that done my mot knew that i had a differant manifold on before its mot so he passed it and that was the only wrong thing with her well chuffed

so now all i have to do is paint my manifold and decat so they dont rot away as i have had them for well over 1 year and then get my rear ARB on and get my arches sorted then wheel spacers and then more engine work then lots and lots of driving

Back