• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

jims sexy new motor

cheers tom i for got i have my short shifter to do but not sure how to do it

where is ant ???? or even joe???

is it easy when i take the old shifter out to see how the new one goes in as it looks a bit complicated with the new parts anyone care to share

and mullet i will be but not sure how much i can sell them for

what i've read once you take the old one out,

you need to enlarge a hole or something? apparently its meant to be quite obvious?

"you do have to drill the holes on the support bracket a little bit, but its a direct fitment otherwise.. "

i did a search,

thats what Antony said? any help?

ant told me that you have to drill the holes on the car as the holes aint big enough its the bits that are in the box not 100% sure how all the bits go togeather

dont want to rip her apart tomorrow to fit it if i cant but her back togeather as i need her for work and have no where to keep her safly as you seen what happened when i went out down the town

i can imagine,

i wouldnt want you to do it on what i've said,

after looking at ciscos micra site

"N12/N14/N15/GTi-R Short Shifter
I originally spent lots of energy trying to source a short shifter for the micra. I even built a custom cut and shut style one once. Then it became common knowledge that the N12/N14/N15/GTi-R model Nissans all use identical shifters as the k11!

You can usually find one for sale on Ebay that suits at least one of those models, chances are, it will slot into your k11 perfectly. Many people have installed such shifters now as nothing exists specifically for the k11"

still fairly ambigous...

i dunno mate, i cant imagine it would take too long to get it all up and to at least have a look?

but yeah, shame you've got a bunch of ####s out to get your car :(

well kind of an update lol will be doing my short shifter on saturday and i have been trying my over fenders on just a couple of pics where it will meet the front bumper lip kit and how low it looks to the wheels do you think i will get away with 50 mm drop with that being that low
DSC01231.jpg

DSC01230.jpg

DSC01232.jpg

also i love this pic

n788005018_6966510_7976855.jpg

oh and did i show you when i hit a bird
S8001657.jpg

not sure if i did

mmm id reckcon you should be ok with the lip kit and a 50mm drop...just add some neg camber if you get close :)

That bird didnt stand much chance...i rememeber awhile back i nearly nailed a seagull with mine, that was somewhat of an eventful few seconds.

Jeepers - That bird is what you call 'annihilated'!! :wow:
Your kit is really similar to my splitter, although my bloody splitter doesn't fit!

haha yea why wont it fit chuck

well today i had a busy day went from my flat down to my dads house ready for a fun filled day of car modding and then washing the car

got in my dads back lane jacked the car up took the back wheel off to take the screws out of the side skirts ..........................................

arghhhhh the common green screws (thats the name they are called from work btw) had rusted really bad and the phillips head had dissapeared when i tried to unscrew them so my side skirts are stuck on damit so need to drill the screws out now

but on a lighter note i managed to fit my short shifter but i dont think its on right joe ant does it look right to you and it was easier than what i thought

DSC01235.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

this one it is in neutral is it the right way or do i need to rotate it 180
DSC01237.jpg

DSC01238.jpg

oh and i found what bits needed drilling i thought it was a captive nut i needed to drill but was easy will do a guide for this soon

oh droped the misses off the other day and i made a video on my fone i like it if you listen care fully you can hear both my cams if you get me as i let it roll its self down speed

wrong way around i think aswell, hard to tell in the pics. it should slope back not farwards. should have copied the standard one kenny ;)

i copied the original guys and the original one was facing towards the front it feels better though as first to second is so fast feels properly like a rally car will change it and tryin the other way see what it is like

well the standard one might have been the wrong way around?

should be like these, the ones on the floor, the right side is facing the front of the car if you get me.

haha yea why wont it fit chuck

I think it's because its for a prefacelift mate! Both me and NeX tried it on both our Cabriolets, and it didn't fit. Tried it on NeX's prefacelift LX and it slotted on a treat - think I'm going to need to slice it in two.... JOE!!!

Short shifter looks good mate! You escaped anymore vandalism?

so far no more vandilism

i turned the short shifter around and it feels so much better now

i managed to get the front arches cut so they are sorted they just need putting on the car and painted after they are smoothed in with my bumpers

oh and look what turned up in the post
DSC01244.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

now its just waiting for the springs then it will be on will get pics when i get the springs

oh and look what i got given as a present off a very kind friend
DSC01242.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

they are only 5mm spacers but they are ideal for me as the over fenders aint that big so dont want to space them out too much

comments welcome

cheers modded as he said its the ms design kit you will be very lucky to find it in the uk as it costs about 1k to get it here from germany

have everything else but the panhard rod dan going to fit the wheel spacers now will get before pics and after pics

Coming along nicely Kenny, just a quick question though, the short shifter, is it just a shorter rod? I was planning on knocking of 1 to 2" off my gearstick using a J'Hacksaw.

hey kenny. theres some a micra with headlights with the orange indicator part at my local scrapyard. 35 pound and you could use them to tint to see if you like them tintied (Y)

yea mate it is mate and it feels a lot better than the standard one

well got my spacers on but im not sure about them now they are on as they seem to be rubbing on my breaks but just a few pics
DSC01246.jpg

DSC01247.jpg

DSC01248.jpg

comments welcome

hey kenny. theres some a micra with headlights with the orange indicator part at my local scrapyard. 35 pound and you could use them to tint to see if you like them tintied (Y)

hmmm might do mate need to check funds as i dont gt paid till the 25th

wouldnt have thought youd have rubbing from the spacers...maybe somethings shifted as you were fitting them...youve got the sunny brakes on aint you?

looks ok though kenny :) im busy waiting on a pair to arrive for the fronts of mine...so half of my spacing should be sorted.

Coming along nicely Kenny, just a quick question though, the short shifter, is it just a shorter rod? I was planning on knocking of 1 to 2" off my gearstick using a J'Hacksaw.

Nah its not, its extended underneith the ball joint aswell.

well i am keeping the 5 mm for now till my arches go on then if they need to come out more then its longer bolts time

right well its been a long time since this got updated as i had my blog closed down after all the vandalisim got done and then my car got broken into and my boot build got pinched my cd player and even 23p in copper out of the ash tray so now im just going all for speed so i have been doing some odds and sods with me having to get things fixed etc

sprayed the back just like slepper ss i think went from this :-
DSC01265.jpg

DSC01266.jpg

to this:-
DSC01268.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01270.jpg

S8001751.jpg

also i was gettin sick of looking at the orange on the dash and the silver cd surround so i sprayed them white but it went a lil bit wrong so it will be getting done again
DSC01285.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

the paint got through the masking tape and ran so i used some asatone to try take it off and it started to take the black of the dash and show orange underneath the black and was leaving a white residue stuff that wouldnt come off

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01289.jpg

as you can see it looks like the dash was all orange before it went black will a black polish help do you lot think

comments welcome

dont give up on it mate,

it will look awesome once its done (Y)

why dont you tint your windows limo black? i know its not the nicest looking, but then the wan k ers in your area wont be able to see in to your car?

It's a shame about the area you live in Kenny, you always seem to have a bit of trouble in your area.

Car interior is looking good, I'm going to be doing the same one I've done the engine. If you have a garage you could take the whole dash out and take time doing it.

Still Jealous of your Rollcage, lol.

my dad has a garage but wouldnt take his car out then after i was putting the dash back in he took his car out could have killed him

Back