• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

jims sexy new motor

well the start of the cage install got back from night shift straight in the house straight back out with my tools and it took me less than half an hour to rip the back end out everything bar the rear plastics as i wana try and keep them if i can

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

wont be putting the cage in till the weekend as i dont wana start taking car apart until i dont have work incase i need it (and i do dont wana have to walk home after night shift im dead to the world )

lol quite a few people have said that but depends when its in on if i like it and when i have dun the full false floor tell you what though i took it out 4 a spin with nothing in the back end and my god how much faster

i aint fully stripping it as it looks a mess when its fully stripped out with bair metal showing and all nessacessary brackets have been removed

oh only just read that your having a false floor, completly missed that bit.. the best k11 false floor ive ever seen has to be phil's (alienfish) that was a full boot and rear bench one...it look awsome no hinges or anything just all one.

i wouldve posted a pic of it but i havent got one on my pc.

ps. shouldve kept the shelf support and parcel shelf in, imo looks cool with the false floor.

I love a Blog with lots of pictures, some great ones there ideal for 2009 Calendar I reckon.... Jim you have done a Top Job on your car mate, Hope I get to see it in the flesh at Ferrybridge (Y) (Y) . Good Luck with Fitting the Roll Cage it'll look sweet. What colour are you thinking of painting it? You know if you had access to a soldering iron and 16 blue, green or even pink LED's you could change the colour of the angel eye rings.

cheers for the comments guys tried the cage in and its going to be a bit of a pain to get in as i will need to bend the b post's and take the rear plastics out and i didnt want to do that want to keep the car 100% so if i decide to take it back to standard i can but i managed to do my boot install but i cant find a decent place to earth my sub as everytime i try it isnt good enough and wont power up but here is a few pics of my install oh and me harnesses

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

might see about gettin the cage shortened a lil bit hopefully i can

comments welcome peeps

lol you are the fifth person to ask that even the lad i got it off was asking if i wasnt going to use it if he could buy it back

not much of an update really apart from I CANT GET MY DAMN SUB TO WORK ITS ANOYING ME

just took a daft lil vid of just my front speakers and my tweeters and before any one says that my tweeters are in crap i dont car at the moment they are in and working until i get a chance to do more of a professional job of them ned to get to a scrap yard to find some "A" posts without tweeter holes so i can cut my own

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i197/xxlilxxlauraxx/?action=view&current=MOV00822.flv

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

well its in now had to take out my rear plastic bits which i didnt want to but gona see if i can find some black ones and cut the bits off that i need to go back in

also it aint bolted in fully either but will be in the morning off 2 bed now but will keep updated as i progress

right was my birthday a few days ago and i thought i would treat my car to getting the bonnet resprayed but only the bonnet as the bumpers are gettin smoothed in as well as my arches when i get them fitted

DSC00882.jpg

DSC00883.jpg

DSC00884.jpg

also got the holes filled in from where the badge was and im well pleased with it just need to mod some grills now to match then bonnet sorted

Roll Cage

Sorry is it Jim or Kenny??? Anyway are you planning on painting the roll cage prior to permanent fitting? I've done a couple samples using paint, lol. I reckon Green will stand out quite nicely, though red will go well with the seat belt harnesses.

Actually white is proberly the best colour if you are intending in having interior neons/leds as white is the best for attracting light, for example see attached:

think im gona keep it silver and it aint moving as its in now but not bolted down its wedged in ask anth even he knows it aint moving

lol @ pjg

been rather frosty up my end and i liked the look of my car all frosted so i took some pics
DSC00887.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

DSC00888.jpg

also had my car on the rolling road today
DSC00896.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

im laughing in the vid because the bloke that was doing it was taking the mick and farting about with the controls and it only made 20.9 bhp lol but made alot better on the proper runs
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i197/xxlilxxlauraxx/?action=view&current=MOV00897.flv

and now the moment of truth............................................................................

Scan1.jpg

and at the wheels
Scan10001.jpg

also can any one tell me what this could be in my radiator
DSC00890.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

comments welcome peeps

Jim, thats impressive power from the work undertaken thought.

However, if I could offer advice, it would be not to use PD-tuning for any work or parts on your k11. was it dave who worked on your car?

he only done the running of the car on the rolling road mate any tuning has been done by me :) and yea it was dave ian told me a few stories about him blowing cars up by tuning them they were originaly called vsport

well felt a little bit flush with cash(AT CRIMBO) lol so i bought my self a lower strut brace and rear ARB with the trailing arms just need to get them fitted oh and my new leather setties
DSC00910.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

comments welcome

lol @ daz

@ phill depends fella i got mine cheeper as i new the bloke but if i didnt no him it would have cost 40 or 45 for a full run checking my fuel setup etc

between 2400 and 3500rpm the power graph dips, if you unplugged the lambda sensor for another run i guarantee that it will smooth the graph out, make it more driveable in 3rd especialy and produce more power.

if i have my lambda plugged in i cant actualy over take anything in 3rd as the flat spot i get just hurts the performance so much. unplug it and its almost like its got an extra 20bhp, and is alot smoother delivery. (ok so not 20bhp..lol)

Back