New k10!

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
well im sure all the old skool micra peeps will know i've never got over my k10 addiction... we'll i've had a relapse!

now i've moved out and got my own garage i thought whats missing? a project! :)
so it just so happend i knew of a poor little k10 in need of some love and tlc, namely pauls old k10 (fox1983)

car.jpg

so the old girl firstly needs an MOT as its been sitting for almost a year now, brakes need bleeding 2 tyres and maybe a backbox to get her through, i hope :p it cost me the pricely sum of £100 which tbh i thought was pretty good as its kitted albeit damaged has the orginal micra alloys a new engine and clutch and overall the body work is in good condition.

so the body kit, well pauls car got rear ended in a car park a long while back and it destroyed the rear bumper so thats in a right state, luckily being the master of finding k10 body kits (i believe this brings my total to over 5 kits now hehe) i found a new front and rear bumper on ebay in pretty good shape for £50 woot!

7c80_1.jpg

7ec4_3.jpg

its similar to others i've had but looks like it should sit the lines of the car nicely needs a paint but its solid and thats what matters at the mo.

i'll be fixing pauls old kit in due course and selling it on here so watch out unless anyone wants it as is.

watch this space i hope to have her back on the road by early next month :)

aftrer that its re-furb wheel time :)

well lets face it this car needs some love (and a hoover!) but it'll be good to be back, my first order of business once shes back on the road is some new seats so my welding buddy is on standby im thinking sunny ZX seats would be nice :) front and back that is ;)

Lol nice to see you back Mat. Looks like you should have some fun with that little project. As for me, I've seen enough of messing with micras lol. :) Good luck with it though anyway, sure it will be great when its done. B)

i got a set of steels
i'll measure the tread tomorrow

the alloys arent dented or anything are they ?
got any better pics?

back on topic tho

2 white kitted k10s in the club vs the 100's of red ones lol

lol meh white always was the best i say, im sure kev will back me on that one :) everyone always used to comment on how nice my old k10 was im aiming to do the same with this one although i may strip it for parts and get a 3 door not sure yet, the wheels are in resonable shape the are all kerbed but i was going to refurb them anyways and paint them white or black with a polished lip

i'm going over Paul's later mate to fix the brakes today so I'll takes some pictures mate, most of the repairs have been done it just needs sanding and painting really

Progress:

ok last night was a very worthwhile night, bled the full brake system, was some nasty crap in that..... replaced all the fluid and cleaned the rear brakes. all was going fine until the final rear drum when the bleed nipple sheared off bloody typical!!!!!! so off to halfrauds for a new one. the brakes are now working pretty good but the disc's have quite alot of surface rust but im sure they will be ok after a bit more of a drive, at least the car stops now! :)

put some fresh tyres on the front wheels and sorted the handbrake from 20 clicks down to 6 :). started her up and it ticked over a treat. i'm hoping to have it MOT'd this week if i can, pics to follow

rear bumper pic as requested;

DSC00045.jpg

Paul fitting some fresh rubber;

DSC00040.jpg

and damn you nipple!!!!
DSC00041.jpg

hi mate yes it will be the front and rear bumper, the front is in very good condition it just needs painting really the rear as you can see has been filled it just needs sanding down here and there and painting. possibly a bit more filling but for even a beginner its a very easy job. im located in lee on solent which is near portsmouth postcode is PO12 4LY, £50 for both bumpers i think is fair they are extremely rare :) that will cover my cost for the other kit then :)

i dont think that you could live anyware further away and still be in england lol, so i wont be able to collect them, would you be willing to send them at all? how much do you reckon it will cost to send them. alternatively you dont happen to travel in a northerly direction do you, for any reason?

nice one Mr speedle sir, I've noticed the knowledge in your advice to folk on here so it will be interesting too see your own project develop :)

keep up the good work sir!

im not gone just driving a new car il be keeping my hand in with this to see it come back to its glory unfortunatly i just didnt have the time to do it.
the kit on this fordy is a nissan kit and as far as we know now is a one off nun left bar this which is y i wanted to get it back to its glory.

also all those who have not received payment back from the southern meet via paypal let me know as i informed kev i payed you all but i beleive something has gone wrong here so email or pm me and il sort it out asap for u

i dont think that you could live anyware further away and still be in england lol, so i wont be able to collect them, would you be willing to send them at all? how much do you reckon it will cost to send them. alternatively you dont happen to travel in a northerly direction do you, for any reason?

lol your only a 3hour drive away mate :p im driving 2 hours to get the other kit, still thats up to you, theres no way im posting them far too big and much to heavy collection only soz

more progress i have the only k10 janspeed exhaust in known existence :p its a k11 box which i had my mate weld a k10 bend on so it fits correctly, previously on my old white k10, got my old steering wheel back too :p amazing how this stuffs still about;

pic's of the k10-janspeed;

DSC00051.jpg

i'll be fitting this after the MOT as im replacing the entire rear section first the current ones ######ed

cant remember mate TBH it wont fit on a k10 with a standard bumper thought as its longer than normal a foah bumper or similar is required for the clearance. hard to explain really ill take some pictures when i fit it to explain :)

indeed that was the plan :)

ok so just been to the scrappies got a new re-enforment bar for the rear found one in perfect condtion looks near new, and a full set of GSX door cards in grey (get rid of that brown crap) , found a very very tidy white 5 door that can donor panels to pauls one as 2 doors are dented (very minor) as is a wing so happy days there if it passes the MOT i'll treat it and have it looking mint :D

indeed that was the plan :)

ok so just been to the scrappies got a new re-enforment bar for the rear found one in perfect condtion looks near new, and a full set of GSX door cards in grey (get rid of that brown crap) , found a very very tidy white 5 door that can donor panels to pauls one as 2 doors are dented (very minor) as is a wing so happy days there if it passes the MOT i'll treat it and have it looking mint :D

Brown!! haha, scrap it :p

lol, picked up the bodykit today! very very happy with it considering its in brilliant condition needs some minor filling and sanding but should take about 2-3 hours to get them look straight and true. i wont bother painting them just yet probably just whack some primer on for now until mot is passed :) its gonna look sweet :p

here it is then;

DSC00059.jpg

dave the nice gent i got the kit from as you can see has already done most of the hard graft and fibreglassed the damaged areas and both bumpers have been rubbed back ready to paint, all thats left is some minor tidying up and bobs your uncle.... :D

no mate theres some on pauls k10 that ill be using anyway.

bad news, puals cars is beyone enconomical repair, drivers side side is rotted inside and out :( gutted now after speding all day prepeing the bumpers for the car :( :( :( :( :( :(

anyway ill be looking out for another k10 now may take a while to find a good one so projects on hold for now

good news

i've got parts for sale :p

post em later tired, annoyed and upset at the moment

some pics of the bodykit fixed anyway....

not painted just repaired and primed in sections;

rear bumper corner and side rebuilt;
DSC00060.jpg

front corner rebuilt;
DSC00061.jpg

rear test fitted to pauls car;
DSC00063.jpg

Remember to brake the useful bits for yourself. The tailgate looks quite decent along with some other useful spares. You know what's what. Good luck getting another, how about that bodykitted one on ebay

i want a blank canvas really mate a nice un tampered with 1.2 3 door i'll bide my time as one will turn up soon enough, until then i'll inventory the spares this week and have the details up soon enough.

buy my red super s its 3 dr and 1.2?, lol maybe in a few months but then again marks got first dibs on it

look for micras around cambridge area speedle as every k10 ive seen thats come from this area hasnt got any rust underneith at all, ive seen a fair few low milage ones aswell low as 10k on some

sound nice mate, but i've had a super s and TBH its and experience id rather not have again lol.

if you want thoose wheels mate they will be off the car this week they arnt in bad shape and hape 2 new tyres and 2 gooduns on the rear im after £60 for em to cover the cost of the new tyres pm me if you want em

i'll have to think about them (wait till i get some more money) im interested and the priceis alright but i would if i had the cash but i dont want to screw me over like i did last month and have no money for fuel for 2 weeks :(

i'll let you know during this month whats going on tho

Back