• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

jims sexy new motor

i bought it off a lad on here that already had it in his micra but i have some pics ready incase any one buys one then you will be able to see what needs choping and yea i took all me pics off mate

well i finaly put mt rally cams in but im still not convinced they are in correctly will be mucking about soon to try work out whats up and just a few pics from a local jap car show i go to

09082009107.jpg

_MG_1285-Edit.jpg

well been a bit busy with my cams and my arches trial fitted them to the car and still have to decide how im going to put them onto the car yet am i going to smooth them in or leave them out also do i sculpt them around the side skirts or chop them off small hmm any way pics

DSC01308.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

DSC01311.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

DSC01313.jpg

and while i was waiting for the gf i done a daft vid of me ice setup im rather impressed with it as its only fli door speakers and fli tweeters with my head unit

comments welcome peeps

Those arches i reckon you could just thin out the ends so it gets close the bumper thickness...id be tempted to cut them around the skirts though then once a super close fit bond them on.

If you dont smooth them on, they'll match closer the rest of the lines on the car...though i dunno how much smoothing youve got planned :)

well i was going to smooth the locks off but keep the handles and smooth the bumpers to get rid of the bumpstrips and smooth the arches and side skirts in as well but if i jack the car up the side skirt will flex and crack the filler as the chassis will twist

chers man cage has now gone up graded my speakers to vibe ones and they are a whole lot better than the fli ones and also got my self some jdm wind deflectors just need some double sided sticky tape for them now

DSC01356.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

and frank can you see much of a differance with the 773 cams and my standard ones 773 ones are on the left standard ones on the right
DSC01318.jpg

DSC01319.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01316.jpg

DSC01317.jpg

pic when i had just fitted them
DSC01301.jpg

in the process of fitting my speakers here

DSC01347.jpg

have them with the vibe tweeters and vibe 6x9`s and the bass is kool and also means i dont have to hunk about a massive sub in the boot

wind deflectors look cool....you can buy those winddeflectors from nissan...they where an optinal extra on prefacelift k11's both the jp and the uk...

theres 2 styles of winddeflectors from nissan uk, your style and the ones tredder has on his SR.

so there JDM/UKDM lol...

but yearh, i want a set of them :D theres a woman around my area with them on an ''S'' model...but shes not selling them yet :(

not sure mate they wernt running right so i took them back out made my car bog down lots so waiting till i get my new ecu the gona get them back in

well wait a minute Mr post man waaaaaaaaaaaait Mr post man, Mr post man look and see do you have a parcel for me
YES HE DOES

DSC01411.jpg

i thought it was all paper till i dug about for a lil bit and da da da da

DSC01412.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

well pleased just need to get the flexi pipe replaced then its straight on the car so will have my janspeed manifold and janspeed sports cat for sale soon

only bad bit
DSC01415.jpg

What ever happened to the cage? I know sr-steve got it but then he sold the car? hmmm would be interesting to know wether it stayed in the forum or not. Progress looking great too.

Flat_out

cheers mate yes it is still in the forum but not sure if its being used it was no good any way mate wasnt made for a micra and couldnt be properly fitted down any where

well peeps got the manifold on yesterday and came across a bit of a problem then down pipe of the exhaust isnt long enough like the janspeed one is so it doesnt quite meet up to the cat back so i had to try my best to fit it till i can get another part of the decat pipe made up but still has to be big enough for my cat for mot time but a few pics to show what i mean and a lil vid i took after just putting the mani on

DSC01423.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

the back box is sitting behind the bumper but ......

DSC01427.jpg

the cat back is sitting on the floor of the car thats how much i had to move it to get it to fit
DSC01429.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

as you can see the hanger is no where near

its as though this isnt quite long enough to fit
DSC01425.jpg

and totaly misses the lower strutbrace and arb
DSC01426.jpg

oh and a lil vid of driving it the vibrations you can hear is the cat back vibrating on the chassis of the car

comments welcome

Sounds brill! cant believe i missed the opportunity to buy that exhaust again! You all realise it was made for a micra with a/c dont ya that means send it this way lol jus kiddin :D

it might have got squashed up in the shunt kenny, or when it was dragged on/off the low loader :eek:.
i would chain the backbox to the gatepost and roll the car forward, to stretch it :wasntme:

frank i only got the manifold mate so i only got the bit that attatches to the engine top part then the down pipe but none of it is broken it just isnt quite long enough need to get a bit of pipe made up for when my cat goes in so it attatches to the cat and downpipe/cat back or get a longer decat made up i need to measure how much of a diff there is between the down pipe on the janspeed compared to the stainless one

it may be that the flexi joint is a bit squashed? but i'm not sure mate, as i dont know how long it was to start with?

#### offf then! dont matter seen as youve got to sell your car :laugh:

calm down dear lol would love to finish it off but its too loud for normal driving now as i get up for work at like 20 to 6 and its no good having such a loud car at that time would love to keep her keep her as a weekend car as well but no garage to keep her

kenny ffs you have spent so much on the car mister! and got into debt over it! and your only looking for 2k:suspect: its just doesnt balance right. keep the car and garage and get a note until you are sorted!

as for the exhaust, ###### anyone elce and its fun rumblein around that time in the morning :D

you will regret selling it! ;)

Back