• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoodedreeper's K11 RELOADED!!

Blue Rings

Hi ya mate, do you mind telling me this distance in mm or ", cheers.

Well what I had planned hasn't helped thought these would look nice in you driving/fog lamps but only one works the other half works so I'm going to see if I have a more powerful ballast.

Attachments

• Blue Rings (1).jpg
    Blue Rings (1).jpg
    234 KB · Views: 310
  • Blue Rings (2).jpg
    Blue Rings (2).jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 301
  • Blue Rings (3).jpg
    Blue Rings (3).jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 325
its a night mare to get the bolts out mate best off using a little bit of a shock to losen them off and some wd-40 i tried yesterday and couldnt get the bolts off (i have the same one lol)

its a night mare to get the bolts out mate best off using a little bit of a shock to losen them off and some wd-40 i tried yesterday and couldnt get the bolts off (i have the same one lol)

yeh, the bolts tend to rust into the steel sleeve inside the wishbone bush eh :doh:

i manged to undo the ones in the donor car a had, just got a half inch ratchet and some gave it some force. :p was suprised they actually undid!

i managed to take the skin off my knuckels even though i was using a braker bar (long bar like the size of my arms spread out) and i was standing on it and it wasnt budging so i have left it till i can get her on to some ramps

its the same ones as mine they just slide in to the door bit inbetween the window and door seal they are ######s when its lashing it down as all the rain runs down the deflectors and into the door as it broke one of my actuators for my central locking

As Jim said it slides into the door rubbers :)

I only got the fronts as thats all i asked for. Didnt give it a thought about the rear ones

Thought i'd try out some Yellow bulbs for my fog lights for that 'import' look. Heres the line up:

DSCF8622.jpg

Front left to right:

Blue Bulb (Uprated bulbs i had in already)

Yellow Bulb (Standard H1 bulb painted with Amber Bulb Paint)

Black Bulb (Painted bulb after switched on for 20 seconds)

The fog light filled up with smoke as the paint obviously burnt off leaving a not so nice smell. Back to the drawing board as they say!

Been told yellow bulbs are illegal in the UK anyway? Though it makes sense cos Yellow Light is better in fog than white as it drains out the glare (apprently!)

I'll probs ask the mechanic at my work to put it on the ramps and do it

Good luck getting those wishbone bolts out. Most people, unless very lucky, have to drill them out, in turn wrecking the bushes and sometimes even replacing both wishbones.

I know i have the same ones in my headlights and driving lights, I was just saying that blue is not a legal colour but yellow is iirc.

i think the yellow ones are cool, altough most import ones ive seen (fc RX-7 and intial d ae86) have yellow fog lamp plastics, so the bulbs are normal and the plastic is courlored.

Have you tried All Weather Bulbs? I think Ring do a High Wattage version as well but I can't confirm that till 5th. You can have yellow bulbs as long as they full within ECE Regulation 37 for White light. If your using bulb paint I think it's mainly for non-halogen bulbs.

lol, no harm in trying though. I'm you can get a chrome look paint that when you turn your lights on they light up yellow.

where did every 1 get there parts from!!!

hey guys im new 2 this forum!!
loving the micra
i gt k11 1.0L s fully coulor coded n it has the blue dials with rev limiter!!

i was looking for some new parts!!
FOR EG:smoothed grille / diffrent rear lights / short shifter / alloy radiator n stuff like that
jst cnt seem 2 get any mods 4 it wotsoever!!!!!!!
i jst want 2 mod :doh::sick:
plz help
links would be nice

thanks jay!!!:k11green::grinning:

I had the idea of getting some type of film...like Window Tint film...and put yellow film over the head lights? That way i'll have a constant flow of light rather than paint runs/lines etc

or get some 448AW bulbs from halfords.. theyre yellow anyway. and yes they are e-marked for use in the uk.

ive got HID's in my front fogs..lol

I know...but car modifiying is a very very bad addiction! Once i started i couldnt stop! Plus this its looking how i want it to!

Found some yellow H1 bulbs from the States so will probs order them :)

I had the idea of getting some type of film...like Window Tint film...and put yellow film over the head lights? That way i'll have a constant flow of light rather than paint runs/lines etc

If you're going down that route, why not use the filters they use for theater lights? Surely that'll be able to stand the heat of the headlamps, and give you the colour you want?

or get some 448AW bulbs from halfords.. theyre yellow anyway. and yes they are e-marked for use in the uk.

ive got HID's in my front fogs..lol

got a link for those yellow bulbs cant seem to finds them on there website. how yellow are they, propper yellow or crappy all weather yellow?

i bought some from the states thinking they were propper yellow and they were yellow but not yellow enough.

Got a day off today,so thought i'd give the micra some TLC. With all this road salt it cant be doing the paint any good,so treated her to a wash. Took some pics before and after to show ya:

DSCF8631.jpg

DSCF8637.jpg

DSCF8632.jpg

DSCF8638.jpg

DSCF8633.jpg

DSCF8639.jpg

DSCF8634.jpg

DSCF8640.jpg

DSCF8635.jpg

DSCF8641.jpg

DSCF8636.jpg

DSCF8642.jpg