fuel consumption a little high !!

wgc_daz

unlucky-racing.com
im not the best mechanic so i dont know where to start erm.. i have a 1.0L micra and i get about 20/30miles for a tenner? i know my exhaust is blowing (hurry up ben :p) but what else should i check i dout just that could cause that?

thanks daz

Attachments

• DSCF0377.JPG
    DSCF0377.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 656
ok thanks mate im normall at pioneer skatepark on thursdays and sundays XD yh STA is only 10 min away woot

Having the same problem on mine. How much will it be to fix it though? I think it's the lambda tbh.. as it's off an older car. The emissions smell rather high too.

mines same its crap i get 60 miles out of £10

200miles to a full tank £30

and the mods ive done are air filter ,decatt and back box and it drinks fuel

ive also had it diagnostically tuned and theres no problems

so i dont know the reason but i believe is its just because the 1.0l is underpowered

i donno i but the stardard air sytem on and measured the resistance and soldered a resister that value over there now i get bout 90 miles for a tenner XD

I normally get around 220 miles to half a tank, or about £20. Doing a little test at the moment too using the 97Ron last you longer premium fuel, we shall see if that makes any difference........

i donno i but the stardard air sytem on and measured the resistance and soldered a resister that value over there now i get bout 90 miles for a tenner XD

Would be brilliant if you could share this info.

I am in the same boat as b47to for £30 I get approx 200-220. I had a diagnostic machine pluggd to it and all the sensors work as well as the lambda (unless its giving readings that are off). Mines is stock though.

Jabran.

thats about right ain't it? 100 miles to a tenner is normal?

Lol my bad yeh it is.

I thought he meant to a tenner.

I wish I got 50 to a fiver lol.

I get around 70 to a tenner.

wgc_daz, how did you do it? If it can make my car get 90 to a tenner it woulkd be excellent.

Dont want to be the one to point out the obvious but a blowing exhaust will make the car run leaner and hotter.
So the lambda sensor readings wont be within spec. and may its self become faulty as exhaust gasses are hotter when running lean.
Fix the exhaust before overcomplicating things!

No offence, but are you booting it about? MPG is shocking on my car if I drive with a heavy right foot, but it lasts 3 weeks, doing 20 miles a day, if I eco drive, off a full tank.. Which was £38 this week!

When I went Malaysia to see some family, for £5 equivalent money, I got 18.5 litres! I was driving an Evo IX at the time, and I got half a tank. Lol, anyways... Do a routine service and you might get better MPG; try out those engline flush and injector cleaner things in Wilkinsons.

would a blowing exhaust give you low fuel consumption. mine is blowing. also would an induction kit? my mot is soon so im gettin a new exhaust for that and i might put standard air box back on

would a blowing exhaust give you low fuel consumption. mine is blowing. also would an induction kit? my mot is soon so im gettin a new exhaust for that and i might put standard air box back on

i doubt if a (rear) exhaust blow would, some induction kits can give a flatspot in the midrange tho, (which will affect your mpg) :)

mine is doing about 12MPG at present.

brand new lambda and cat and is still passing emisions but uses crap loads of fuel..

brand new lambda and cat and is still passing emisions but uses crap loads of fuel..

12mpg? shouldnt you be getting about 47ish? have you had lots of mods on it?

put the standard air box on and measure the air flow across the sensor, then put the induction kit on and do the same..work out the difference and solder on a resistor of that value...got told this by a member on here

still dont understand this? lol

12MPG!! o_O & I thought mine was bad! Measured "performance" for 2 full tanks (well, not according to the Haynes which states the K11 1.0L has a 42 litre tank, I have only managed to fit 7 gallons in mine even well after the low fuel warning light came on) - and the results are a bit disappointing, less than 36MPG. I had better economy with my K10, doing better than 50MPG even with a lead foot.

This is, however, a combination of urban driving with endless
censored.gif
traffic lights and motorway driving pushing the car to its limits, so probably not all that bad.

BG

Bet it's really fast though. I get more than that and I don't change up till 6Krpm

As for everyone else, take all your crap out of the car, replace that heavy spare wheel with a can of tyre weld and start driving smoothly.

Oh and put a redex 1 shot fuel treatment in. I'm currently uing triple the recomended ammount cos I had less fuel than I thought, the car has developed a bit of a flatspot at 4750rpm :eek:

yup..lol there is a steady stream of multi coloured smoke coming out of the back..lol

also there is no interior at all, a single bucket seat, battery in boot, no roof lining, tyres are at 35psi all round, oil is topped up frequently with high quality stuff, plugs are clean (pepper brown colour) fuel isnt leaking....... and its fairly fast. bit of country lane driving (not going faster than 60mph as it was twisties) against a pug 106 Quicksilver with full exhaust and induction mods and stripped interior.... i wupped him on acceleration, braking and cornering... and i wasnt even going 100%..

but im sure you are right. ive got to get my new engine sorted out..GRR

yup..lol there is a steady stream of multi coloured smoke coming out of the back..lol

also there is no interior at all, a single bucket seat, battery in boot, no roof lining, tyres are at 35psi all round, oil is topped up frequently with high quality stuff, plugs are clean (pepper brown colour) fuel isnt leaking....... and its fairly fast. bit of country lane driving (not going faster than 60mph as it was twisties) against a pug 106 Quicksilver with full exhaust and induction mods and stripped interior.... i wupped him on acceleration, braking and cornering... and i wasnt even going 100%..

but im sure you are right. ive got to get my new engine sorted out..GRR

why is your car taking soo much fuel?

I've just got 195 miles out of 21L of fuel - which is about 42mpg, or about 4p a mile - and I have a rather heavy right foot (but no petrol warning light - do tend to run it right to the red, and I reckon I get about another 30 careful miles out of it before it's dry).

...1.3 by the way

I forgot to mention that on my Leicester to Dorking run I had 2 passengers and a load of kit/food/booze in the back. All this and most of the journey in the fast lane so not too bad really :) probably only passed by less than a dozen other cars there and back. I'm rather pleased with my Micra's performance, it handles the upward gradients a lot better than my K10 even when fully loaded, didn't drop below 70 so I suppose it's bound to use more fuel.

BG

i have a filter , de-cat and a back box....and i got 150 mile to a full tank

i decided to put on the standard back box to see woulld it make a difference and i got 300 mile to a full tank..so i think its all about the exhaust ....

im putin a custom stainless steel system on now so im preparded for bad mileage...! ha

My K10, with lightened flywheel, 4 branch manifold into a free flowing almose straight through exhause with badly setup over fueling bike carbs fitted, that got ragged all over the place, that was using about a pint of oil per week, never dropped below 30mpg, average was about 35, with upto 40 achiavable, glat ive kept my k10 now

looks like the best way to waste fuel is buy a k11, lol

Mines and NeX's Cabrio's are shocking on fuel! Be thankful - all of yas!
The other day, my car had 3/4 tank in. I drove to my friends house - 3-5 miles, maybe - then drove her to Downton which is about 15-20 miles from hers and back again, and the car had dropped down to 1/2 a tank - and that wasn't even flamboyant driving by any means!! Not too great.
And I can't work out MPG - my mileage is in km, and i don't have the brain power to work it out every time :(

Back