crashed

camoxodka

car half done :)
well basically i was in the car park driving along and a red old shaped corsa came out of the parking space and when straight into me. i will post pics up.
H:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_1219.JPG

just when we finished fixing her all up :(
considering the fully rusted crossmember, damaged wing, bumper, front grill, headlight, washer bottle, lower arm, bonnet, maybe chassis? they'll prob write it off as uneconomical like what happened to my first one, unless the other drivers insurance pays?

Looks fixable from here. but what lies underneath might be a pickle?
Good Luck with it, wouldn't be surprised if that whiplash claim could help you fix it... :p

his crossmember was completely shot with rust holes and central beams was just hanging, so trying to replace the front frame plus fix the rest will end up uneconomical when he has the oppurtunity to claim compensation towards another better condition micra :)

well i have been to the hostipal and they said that i do have whiplash so if i get compensation then it will go toward my next car :) but if it is possible then i will keep this one and try and fix it :) but i am going to ring the insurance today to find out what can be done.

but the most thing is that he was shouting that is was my fault when he pulled out out of a parking space into me :/

if someone is pulling out of a space it will most certainly be their fault as if you were on the main road you have right of way.

I suspect the insurance companies will try to go for a split liability claim. However, in my opinion, the Corsa driver is at fault as, although a car park, they are technically reversing out into a lane of oncoming traffic and do not have right of way. Some will argue that the oncoming driver should be aware of reversing hazards and keep a lookout for reversing lights, (which is true from an advanced driving perspective), but in an overall sense is probably a moot point.

This should also serve as a lesson to drivers to reverse into car parking spaces, so they have a clearer field of view when driving back out. Imagine if that driver had reversed into a mother with pram loaded with shopping.......hazard perception goes both ways!

Irrespective of my above ramblings, I hope you get this resolved.

well basically i have rang them and they said that he said that i am at fault because it was a headto head collison when you can see on my car that is a front to side collison. so basically the update is that atm i am held at fault because i have told them my side of the story and they siad that they will get an investigator on the case. but i told them that there was cctv at the scene

Your best bet is to get a copy of the cctv footage, (if there is any), and to take some photos of the damage. I always drive with a compact in the glove box, you'd be amazed how edgy people get when you exit the car armed with a camera!

Bottom line, people will do anything to avoid liability. Someone rammed into the back of my dad's volvo at 50mph, he even came round to the house to ask if my father could admit it was his fault because the driver couldn't afford to lose his van because it was needed for his business. When my father refused after 2 days the insurer phoned to tell him that the driver has stated that my father had pulled out on him and he had no chance.......bottom line, when collisions happen, the majority of people are spineless scumbags.

This is why I reckon it will end up 50/50. Unless something can be proven beyond doubt then it will more than likely end up this way.

Try not to be rattled by the other parties statements, stick with your side of things, be as detailed as you can and stand your ground.

But on board cameras are hassle for storage etc. unless they overwrite themselves each time they are used.
Even then they can't possibly cover every angle, unless you have 4/6 of em. lol

There are loads available and most are small enough to fit in front of the rear view mirror, continually overwrite, have gps for proof of speed and a built in g-sensors which, when triggered, write protects the last few recorded files in the event of a sudden stop. Basic ones can be picked up pretty cheap....

They cannot always view everywhere but the general theme is a wide angle lens which covers the front periphery of the car, the more expensive ones can have in-car view, remote playback, TFT screens etc etc but they tend to get expensive and are larger.

I'm very tempted by a roadhawk DC-1. In a car like mine the consensus is likely to be against me from the start and video proof, as well as carrying a compact in the glove box, will help to avoid said spineless scumbags taking advantage of situations, (quick photos of the 3rd party are always worth it too to help avoid those situations when a sole driver suddenly gains 1 or 2 occupants as witnesses).

However will one of the fancy ones be worth more than the car itself?
and it can also work 2 ways i suppose, if your at fault then you shot yourself in the foot. Not that anyone would show the footage if they were.

However will one of the fancy ones be worth more than the car itself?
and it can also work 2 ways i suppose, if your at fault then you shot yourself in the foot. Not that anyone would show the footage if they were.

that drift x170 i have is £50-80 on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drift-X17...ctronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item1c26837b05
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drift-X17...ctronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item4d00b7b974

stick a 16-32gb sd with 12v usb charger cable and it'll run for many many hours :)

its always worth getting a camera in the car, not just so your car is covered by insurance but also to prevent being sued, people will say anything when accidents are involved, i have been in a few accidents (not my fault ones) where the people have said the craziest things. a camera would sort that out

i reckon fitting a camera is a good idea as i got the blame for an accident that was not my fault ! another car went through red lights and hit me as i was turning right and wrote off 'Miley the Micra'! It is a shame i love driving, accidents and the resulting paperwork, claims, lies..... are the f###ing s##t side of it. i wish you all the best mate.

i reckon fitting a camera is a good idea as i got the blame for an accident that was not my fault ! another car went through red lights and hit me as i was turning right and wrote off 'Miley the Micra'! It is a shame i love driving, accidents and the resulting paperwork, claims, lies..... are the f###ing s##t side of it. i wish you all the best mate.

Sorry to hear that, man... Hope you manage to get a proof and the liar in the red corsa gets what he deserves!

just a little update. well only bad new for the moment

basically he has changed his story three times and know i am acording to the insurance company it is still my liability and that i am lying :mad: it so ****ing annoying, and in the end i am still not going to claim liability because i know that it wasn't my fault. what is the point in lying. it is just pointless because in the end they will get bollocked by the solicitor and have problem with the insurance company, and i am not going to lye about a thing because, what the point of lying when everything is going to get found out in the end. :)

well that a bit of bad news for you :)

That is exactly my problem. i had my smash new years day and i still dragging on now! false witness statements, changed stories. insurance don't want to know, it is a nightmare from start to finish.

best of luck mate. keep sane:cool:

People are so dischonest when it comes to crashes and lie like you wouldnt believe. The thing is theres no real deterrent, for these chancers, they've nothing to lose but cost the insurance companies a fortune and the innocent party major headaches. A friend had a woman run into her on a roundabout (the other party pulled onto the roundabout and went straight into her) Dragged on for years, and she got showed up in court big time. Dont think she suffered by way of a fine or points for her blatant lies though

well anoter little update

got my medical some time next week :) and a solictor is coming to my house to do some paperwork about the iccident

Back