(Crashed) K11 drive/suspension system component replacement.

Hey guys, I've just crashed, completely glided out from a roundabout straight into a curb (I've lost my front end before but never like this).

Front left wheel bent back, wing buckled,
Drive shaft bent back with the hub, (I think drive shaft is still straight though o_O cv boot is still sealed but i dont know how far the CV can be turned? without it being broken, no play on it.
I think its the track rod end that has been damaged :/

Think wishbone has detached from the hub, and the hub thread i think is snapped, the steering arm? is also attached but bent back, i don't really know the extent of damage, but will this be repairable? I love that car to bits, but it'd be crushing for me and friends to see it go :(.

Hopefully i can get some pictures of the damage up tomorrow but i have no clue if it can be repaired or what not, and how much it'l cost :/

Wheels pushed back Reg, managed to only just back it up onto a car park for the night, no breakdown cover and my friends AA cover wants 100 quid to move the car, don't have any more to be fair, but yeah i think its track rod ends that have split, the steering arm (Whatever its called) i'm not sure about, it may have bent back.

Hopefully we can see the extent of damage tomorrow, dam ice caught me off guard, and i'm proper gutted about it :(.

Fill you all in tomorrow, cheers guys.

Hey thanks stan, shaft seems good, strut seems good, hub i'm not sure, track rod knackered, wishbone, probably bent back, hopefully i will get the pictures soon, shafts still turning the wheel, even as far as its bent back :S but means the tow truck should be ok to get the car on *PHEW*

sam0322g.jpg

sam0321w.jpg

Top picture needs a rotate,

:(

It looks worse than it is, speak to your local motor factors and youd be supprised how cheap new parts are, the driveshaft id source second hand and the rest you would prob be looking at £60-70 roughly and as long as your wiling to get the spanners out.

Yeah parts are mega cheap, drive shaft i'd like to think is fine, its just track rod end, steering link and wishbone i think need a good replacement, so hopefully i'm not going to be paying loads on that, and then theres the crumpled wing now, i have failed to find any at the scrap yards thus far but ebay occasionally has them on there for 50 odd pound so its not too bad, thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it, will keep you fully informed of what is going to happen with the car (MOT was today too :( ) Theres a chance it will be unfortunately sent to its graves, i don't have much money to maintain it, It's going to undergo most the MOT checks when its being fixed anyway so hopefully i can find out what else (If anything) is wrong, also the break disk was exceptionally clean on that wheel today, normally after a day they get a bit grotty, i'm thinking maybe a seized calliper, wheel didn't want to turn at all this morning, well, the CG10 got there hey :)

Hey guys, update,

Things aren't looking great, apparently i've bent quite an important bar (Front crossmember :/)

Wishbone in for replacement tomorrow, and apparently its rusted horribly underneath so he's going to try do his best to repair it (WEEEEELD), if i get another year out of it, it will be perfect because then i can save for parts and slowly get the rusted things traded which would make me very happy.

The cars been such a treat to me and my friends, and it'd suck to see it go :(

Keep you posted,

Cheers guys.

Back