Crashed the micra:(

JJ 1.0l

Ex. Club Member
yesterday evening about 11pm i was driving back from my friends house along the seafront doing 30mph(doin no more, this bit is important) as i was coming up to the roundabout. as i was about to brake a fox jumped out in front of me so i swerved and skidded straight into the roundabout at 30mph. my car is absolutly ######ed to say the least. the front drivers wheel has been pushed back all the way, this means my alloys, well the front drivers side one, is no more. luckily there was no one else invloved or around to get hurt and i thank my lucky stars i am alive as it's my brithday tomorrow gunna be 18 and i would have hated to miss it.

n e way this means my car might be a right off:(, which is gutting as i love my little car and had big plans for it. i hadn't even put all the stuff i had bought for it yet only the springs, alloys, sound system and seat covers lol.

i still think i will buy another micra as i have all these parts to go on which r brand new. maybe a 1.3 if i can get insured but i just hope my car gets fixed because i don't reli want to buy another one.

cheers

Jordan

p.s pictures of the damage to follow and update.

harsh mate, i am glad you are ok but its a shame about the car.

i bet the fox didn't even appriciate it! lol

i have a 5 door 1.0 micra you can have if you like. its been a victim of audis and chavs but it drives....

hope you stay micra, and happy birthday for tomoz :D

thanks for the kind words, might be ok but looks doubtful. and i am more than likely gunna stay micra or at least jap.

Bummer mate, but glad your ok! You may find insuring the 1.3 will now be even harder once the insurance companies know about this unfortunate incident.

I think swerving to avoid it was more of an automatic desion, rather than preferance.

Glad your ok though :)

I think swerving to avoid it was more of an automatic desion, rather than preferance.

Glad your ok though :)

got it in one reli i was just like WHAT WAS THAT:eek: and just swerved. but yer arnold insuring the 1.3 will be harder.

the worst thing about everything was that i was on my nan's insurnace so she loses her no claims bonus i think.

Don't worry too much. From what i've heard you only loose 2 years off of what you have. And i'm sure she would have more. Plus, i bet she's just glad your ok.

Gutted for you mate. I had a similar thing happen to me with a cat but i thought id hit it and i did, pulled my splitter off a bit but if i had swerved i would of done 100 times more damage.

i know what it feels like, i have a cousin who swerved from a swan lol bad thing was he was in a celica gt4 and he hit the curb n bent his axels lol

mate, don't go threw the insurance, if you don't go via the insurance then you dont have to tell the insurance about the incident.

you loose the cost of the car but get lower insurance.

true, i didnt go through insurance when i crashed mine back in may, just repaired it myself, but then again if its a right of, just get a new one and switch your policies over without telling them you crashed it.

some good news.

the car is fixed but at a heavy cost £600 heavy

i no it's a lot but i love the car.

my mechanic had a reli good look at the whole car and said he would have a go at fixing it. turns out was easier than he thought but the parts where gunna cost. basically this is a list of everything that was done:

LIST OF DAMAGE DONE TO THE MICRA

O/S/F LOWER SUSPENSION ARM DESTROYED
N/S/F LOWER SUSPENSION ARM WARPED
O/S/F WHEEL BEARING DESTROYED
N/S/F BEARING EXCESSIVELY NOSIT
O/S/F BRAKE DISC PUNCHED AND BENT
O/S/F ANTI ROLL BAR LINK SHATTERED
N/S/F ANTI ROLL BAR LINK BENT
FRONT GEOMETRY OUT
STEERING RACK BENT
BOTH TRACK ROD ENDS PULLED

ALL ABOVE REPLACED AND REPAIRED

ADVISES:

O/S/F WHEEL BUCKLED
N/S/F TYRE LOW ON TREAD.

PARTS REPLACED/ALL NEW PARTS

BOTH FRONT SUSPENSION LOWER WISHBONES COMPLETE
BOTH FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR LINK KITS AND BUSHES
BOTH FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS
STEERING RACK
BOTH STEERING RACK TRACK ROD ENDS
FRONT BRAKE DISCS AND PADS (AGAIN!!!!)
FULL GEOMETRY RE-ALIGNMENT

A big list of parts and a good bit out of my wages (well actually all of them)

one of the annoying things was the brakes and pads, as it say AGAIN!!!!, i only had them replaced a week ago:S

also i will now need another set of alloys as the one i hit warped so i will be on the look out on here for another set but not to expensive as i have had to just pay out a big bill.

basically moral of this story, if i fox runs out in front of you unfortunatly hit it because it will cost less.

Jordan.

Attachments

• S8300216.JPG
    S8300216.JPG
    999.3 KB · Views: 235
  • S8300215.JPG
    S8300215.JPG
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 210
Good to see you got her fixed, but you could easily have halved the cost by doing the repairs yourself with parts sourced from a breakers.

Good to see you got her fixed, but you could easily have halved the cost by doing the repairs yourself with parts sourced from a breakers.

lol the most i no about cars is how to change alloys/plugs/bulbs/oil. and fit head units.

plus if i had got all the parts myself the car would have been off the road for weeks whereas it was all done in a day so i was happy at that.

Back