Carbon Fibre Group Buy

Right, just got off the phone to the carbon guy, he sounded very genuine and was also keen to start knocking stuff up for the Micra. The prices that he quoted above are inclusive of moulds and applicable if we get a group buy as long as these conditions are met:

- Minimum of 5 bonnets order.
- Minimum of 2k total order for bonnets
- An up-front deposit.

He was also talking to me about boots - full carbon with poly carb rear screen £700, moulding costs negotiable.

I am taking delivery of some of their product hopefully this week so if it all looks good then I am keen to press ahead.

So.

Who wants what?

Craig

ok well if he can do the bonnet i was talking about and also a smooth boot then i'm in

DSC00947.jpg

As this has died a death, here's a pic of the panel I got, it's very nice indeed. Do we still have any interest?

Craig

In addition:

DSC00944.jpg

Ok, let's start a list and see if it's more than me and you...

Total: £ 590

1. Craig £ 195
2. Sammyboi £395

Any more takers?

Fully carbon Race-Spec, pre face lift please!

Can you also find out about door cards please Craig.(Y)

What kind of deposit you looking at?

Nasty, at least you still have all your fingers - you do still have all your finger's don't you?

Total: £ 985

1. Craig £ 195
2. Sammyboi £395
3. K6pfs £ 395

I think that doorcards will be in the region of £60-£100, as for deposit, I think that 25% was discussed, but it was just prelim, so I might be able to get the figure down.

Come on people - almost half-way there now!

I think that doorcards will be in the region of £60-£100, as for deposit, I think that 25% was discussed, but it was just prelim, so I might be able to get the figure down.

Is that for all 4?? or just front two??

if its just front two you can already buy them for about that price thing 70-80 and similar for the rears.

If this is still going mid april i will have money for the carbon bonnet race spec

When would payments etc need to be taken?
That's what it depends on for me..

When we have the numbers to go ahead with the buy - it will cost @ least 2.5k for the bonnets so we need to get over this threshold.

Craig

sorry if this is a very stupid question to ask...

but would he be able to do me a panel to put on my front bumper? something like this?

carbon.jpg

sorry about the quality, hope you can get the idea from that....

thanks for your time

Tom

well itd look different,

got an idea for my grills and its to cover a nice big clumsy plastic weld i'm going to attempt....

if its not possible or painfully expensie i'll look into other alternatives,

thanks

Tom

No probs, you'd be better off doing it another way TBH, carbon fibre will be dear for that bit, if you really want the look I suppose that you could get some of the carbon fibre sticker sheet of eBay?

Craig

how expensive are we talking?

i've looked into that stuff, but if i could afford it i'd rather get the real thing....

To mould it, I don't think that he'd do it TBH unless he was moulding the whole bumper (think £600-£1000), if a flat sheet would do you, then maybe £30-£40.

Craig

ah ok, yeah i see what you mean, its not like you could just buy it and glue it could you?

i'll keep looking then :)

thanks for your time

nice work on price Craig (Y)
say the bonnets get done. where are they going to all get delivered? your house craig and we collect? just wondered so i can estimate total cost of fuel etc from where ever they need to be collected from.

naps

I think that we could get them shipped to separate addresses, obviously it would be cheaper all to go to mine and then if there were a convenient meet a few days after I could distribute.

The place itself is on the south coast so not impossible for member to go and pick up if desired?

Craig

I'm basically in Watford, Herts.

Options are here:

£495. Fully carbon Road-Spec. (4 – 6kg)
£395. Standard Road-Spec (carbon fibre outer skin, fibreglass, glossy black inner skin). (5 – 7kg)
£395. Fully carbon Race-Spec. (honeycomb core to add strength and stiffness) (2 – 5kg)
£295. Fully fibreglass Road-spec. (6 - 8kg)
£195. Fibreglass Race-spec. (3 - 6kg)”

Hmm, getting there - looks like we're gonna need 2 more orders to get to that £2k minimum...

Craig

Back