Powercoil Lowering Springs Group Buy

well the drop and stiffness has been decided it all depends how well powercoil have listened to beachboy and if they have made them to his specification! no sign of the springs today either

i will be relieved to get the springs. we will see what they are like when fitted. i wouldnt use them again. too much bother an unknowns. communication and resolution of spec issues was poor.

weyhey!!! they have finally came, got delivered at next door neighbours while i was at work so ill pick them up when he gets in from work, im off work tomorrow so will send them out then if i can, gonna have to see if i can get some boxes for em tho unless there all individually boxed inside the big boxes which i doubt...

any recommendations of companies to send em with that will be the easiest and quickest>?

cheers

paynee, hold fire on sending mine out, pete may be interested in them, would rather send them directly to him than waste more! Lol

well neil asked me the other night if a can come down waynes on saturday and help with the bbq so i could bring em down then??

Yeah thats fine mate. Nice one. :)

Attachments

• 24072005#1.jpg
    24072005#1.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 187
could everyone please pm me to confirm where they would like the springs sending and ill get them sent out today

cheers

yeah i know tell me about it, well i have found that the springs fit in copier paper so i hgave got my sister raiding the reprographics dept at school for boxes for the springs, so once i have your adress your springs will be on the way

beachboy and jayy, adresses received, springs will be posted today

right i hav noticed all the springs are black, now this isnt the end of the world as far as im concerend, i have spoken to beachboy and we have both agreed that it is best to get this group buy sorted and finished asap, so if anyone has a serious concern about the colour of the springs they can deal with powercoil directly once they have recieved the springs, should mean a lot shorter turnaround time also

ok cool i aint bothered. not that ull be able to see the springs anyways once its lowered 60mm.

paynee, also how do u know which springs are 50mm and which are 60mm 65/70mm??

not overly fussed bout the colour, spoke to the **** today, he said they done them black to get them out quiker, so i said why didnt you tell any one, he couldn't come out with a proper answer so i said you better watch out for a trading standards letter, i think im gona report them... *******

Ive got KYB shocks sitting in my garage for a month now, got a bit excited when the trial springs got delivered to beachboy so went and ordered them.

yeh even if they last a cuple of years, will do me fine anyway for the price they cost.

yeh but jay, were standard nissan shocks designed for 35mm drop springs? Id say my standard shocks have managed quite well for the best part of 3 years.

so wudnt the KYB be the same in theory?

yeah man, i see what your sayin, plus it would by fine if they lasted a couple of years, someone is running them on 52mm and 42mm and they said it fine

i managed to get some sent off yesterday, if you gave me your adress yesterday they will av been sent, if you gave me your adress today they av been sent today

ok no games now, has anyone got paynee's number?? can someone get in touch with him, he aint logged on to the msc since sunday.

its not that i doubt paynee, but if the springs were sent out last thursday and friday then its the courier company that has done sumfin with them as i dont think it would take a week to deliver springs.

its kinda important as we would all like to see sumfin arrive in the post so to speak.

Why doesnt somone call power coil springs to see if they know anything about it.

nope, i asked him though, but he said his mum had been sorting all that out as he had been busy at work.

soo he was gonna find out from his mum and get back to us.

right well heres the crack, my mam arranged for them to be collected by a courier on monday from her work because theres always someone there but they werent collected, she has been off work until yesterday and when she went in yesterday they were still there i have just been over to pick them up from her work and took them to the post office there, so they are now definately posted apologies for the f**k up, seems nothings wone wright with this gb since day one!!!

ok no worries, as long as their on the way now then im happy.

paynee will we get them beofore sunday as i kinda had organised with a mechanic mate of mine to get them fitted this coming sunday cos i fort we'd have them by tuesday gone.

can you let me know wot kinda time we looking at cos hes a busy man and if they not gonna be here by sunday then i can cancel with him with enough time.

cheers
Nik

Paynee just been informed by Jay that the springs have arrived, yay at last.

however sumfin still trubles my mind, you previosly stated that the 50mm springs are unmarked and all other lowering will be marked.

jay ordered the 50mm ones and i ordered 60mm, there are none that are marked 60mm.

i know im crying over spilt milk for just a matter of 10mm but have you any idea as to if one is 60mm but just not labeled or if both uve sent are 50mm??

and put side by side they are both the same measurement as far as our eyes can tell.

Springs have finally arrived!! thanks for all your hardwork Paynee and Beachboy

The front springs are 100mm shorter at the front over standard springs and 70mm lower on the rear...? What will happen when it is actually lowered??

paynee wots going on, u sent me 50mm springs and i asked for 60mm.

I've lowered the car with the new springs on and im totally not happy, i cud have done with that extra 10mm.

you've not kept my 60mm springs to give them to someone else have you?? which im begining to think thats the case here.

and jay the new springs are about 5mm lower than my previous 30mm springs were which we know is powercoils fault but i need and do want those 60mm ones.

rear ones are fine as far as i can tell.

spec ordered from powercoil was 77mm drop at front and 88mm at rear reduction form standard length nissan springs. if powercoil havent done this they have messed up. but i dont want to even think of powercoil again and i'm sure paynee probably doesnt. you might have to take up individual cases with powercoil. i'm just going to live and learn. i havent fitted the new latest springs yet so cant comment on the drop or what powercoil have actually given us. but i wouldnt order from them again with a custom order. best buying springs where already know what the claimed drop is. but as said above -77 front and -88 rear over standard should have given a nice enough drop of about 50/55mm drop in ride height. based on the test set being -50/-50 over standard.

hold on hold on.

thats not the issue here beachboy, the fact is powercoil regardless of whos measurements are correct or not, made springs that were suposedly 50mm drop, 60mm drop 70mm drop etc for the various people in the group buy who requested these different drops.

jay requested 50mm and i did 60mm.

paynee then said that springs not marked were 50mm and all other drops would be marked.

soo when the delivery came to jay's both sets were the same and were unmarked, leading to us thinking they are 50mm. and yes side by side they are in fact the same size.

i aint saying that ive not got a ginuwine 50mm drop or 60mm or woteva we have, that was expected anyway from the start dealing with people like powercoil but all im saying is that i should have a set that are 10mm shorter than wot i have recieved.

now i dont know if you and paynee are communicating privately through email or wot have you, telling you to get me off his back but im owed 60mm springs!

plus £15 which was not used for the delivery, which is the last thing on my mind but thought i would inform you that that also has gone astray.

in that case best to pm paynee or direct to powercoil to see if they have a comment about that. i havent been in contact since getting the springs. i think that powercoil have made all the group order the same size and all black. i think that after the drop revision i ordered they made them all to new drop based on my revisons of the 50mm drop given to me. but they didnt take off another 10mm at front for those who wanted 60mm front drop.

like i said in pm sent to jay, i thought it had written on the bottom of the springs the drop i have checked the springs that i still have and noticed this is not the case unless someone else has springs that say this. as for secret communications, have a word with yourself!

and as for money for postage refunds i went out of my way to send your springs to jay for your convenience and to save you money and your twistin because you havent got 7 or 8 quid change back yet. i have been busy at work lately working 12hr shifts and plenty of overtime to pay for the new car so have barely been online, if everyone can pm me there paypal details and i will send monies back on monday when i get paid,

if your still not happy about heights etc. get in touch with powercoil since they were the ones who made and sent springs to me so ultimately they are the ones who have ****ed up!

dont be getting all loud and proud!

you both dont know wot ur chatting about, NOW beachboy says that he reckons powercoil have given us all the same size springs, how are the rest of us supposed to know that!!!!!! answer that!! if id known that in the first place then half of the posts ive posted would never have been posted!!

secondly you even said yourself that ones that are not 50mm are marked, which obviosly means that 60mm springs 65mm etc were in fact produced by powercoil and sent to you!

get your head sorted out, cos ur sooo twisting your words now, read your posts to confirm wot im chatting about!

what you mean going out of your way?? it was made easier for you to send them to one address.

and its not a matter of 7 or 8 quid, it cost you £11 to send mine and jays springs, we both paid £15, soo you can either paypal the money back to jay for the amount of £19 or send us a cheque.

and another thing, im begining to wonder that if i hadn't of kicked up a fuss, i dont think anyone would have seen thier monies. its not about a few pounds either... its about PRINICIPAL!

and know one thing, that all this is not because of the final height of the springs, its that i was lead to believe that 60mm springs were produced, and in your possesion BUT not sent to its rightful owner.

hah and me winging like a gal, why dont you face up to your actions like a man.

Back