Carbon Fibre Group Buy

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Emailed a company last night about prices for some carbon bits for the K11. They asked if its just me who wants them or other people,so thought i'd see if anyone is interested?

I asked for prices of:

- Bonnet
- Bonnet Grille (facelift)
- front door cards
- rear door cards

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
what about boot panel, doors, guage surround? bonnets come from Matt H and are the best you will ever get

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
I thought you already had a bonnet Mike?

Front doorcards are already available, perhaps even rear ones too. Antony knows of a place which does some parts already.

As for bonnets, Matts come in at around £1270 for a carbon jobbie. As Nex sais, the best you can get your hands on by a long shot......2.8kgs! I picked one up, it's rediculous but the guy that makes them is extremely good. Matt also does other carbon parts but they are for the wide arch cars, (wings, front bumper & grille combined).

At the present moment, I'll take a back seat as I would rather spend the money on my next engine, suspension upgrade but will keep an aye open none the less :)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I havent had any quotes off them yet,as they asked if it was for me or more people.I presume it'll be cheaper to get a quote for a group buy rather than single items :)

The company i emailed is Stream Line Carbon www.streamlinecarbon.com

So the list so far is:

Bonnet x5
Grille (facelift) x1
Front Door Cards x3
Rear Door Cards x2
Boot Lid x2

Robb

Site Supporter
Amateur question i know but how much weight would you save with a carbon bonnet and tailgate? 20-30kg?

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Maybe if people post their car stats up and say what parts they want. Then you could make a tally or something from it in first post?!

Like: (mine)
Pre-facelift, 3 door - bonnet, front door cards, rear door cards.

Just an idea....

Antony

Ex. Club Member
im guessing that the bonnet will be the same price i got quoted, £1000 for moulds then ~£400 each from there...

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Today i received the email back with the prices,heres the email:

Please see below, which may be subject to change once we receive/see the original parts before going ahead wit moulding etc:

We would require a vehicle for a day to template for door panels and then trial fit first set of panels

New moulds going into production are based on orders of 5 or more

PRE-FACELIFT
- Bonnet = £749.99
- front door cards (3dr & 5dr) Approx - £200-250 if full size cards to cover complete door
- rear door cards (3dr & 5dr) Approx - £80-£110 depending on overall size
- Boot Lid = £749.99

FACELIFT
- Bonnet - As above
- Grille (part of bonnet) £79.99 (if similar to the Saxo grille we do)
- front door cards (3dr & 5dr) - As above
- rear door cards (3dr & 5dr) - As above
- Boot Lid - As above

Kind regards

Christopher Harwood
Streamline Carbon (UK) Ltd

www.streamlinecarbon.com
07715 0555 80

Antony

Ex. Club Member
those doorcards a little on the pricey size... my rear panels were £65 for both and door cards £80 for both...

bonnet, yeah thats a fair price imo.

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I thought i'd get interest on here first to see if the prices were gonna be cheaper. Didnt wanna think what the quotes would be if it was just for me o_O

Yeah i admit the door cards you can get cheaper else where but the bonnet and bootlid didnt seem too bad?

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Just to be pain, but I had been in discussion with another company (not seen their work yet, though) and they quoted the following:

£495. Fully carbon Road-Spec. (4 – 6kg)
£395. Standard Road-Spec (carbon fibre outer skin, fibreglass, glossy black inner skin). (5 – 7kg)
£395. Fully carbon Race-Spec. (honeycomb core to add strength and stiffness) (2 – 5kg)
£295. Fully fibreglass Road-spec. (6 - 8kg)
£195. Fibreglass Race-spec. (3 - 6kg)”

What kind of interest (if any) would there be?
P.S. much apologies forthe hijack, just seems better than 2 threads on the same thing

Craig

k6pfs

Ex. Club Member
Just to be pain, but I had been in discussion with another company (not seen their work yet, though) and they quoted the following:

£495. Fully carbon Road-Spec. (4 – 6kg)
£395. Standard Road-Spec (carbon fibre outer skin, fibreglass, glossy black inner skin). (5 – 7kg)
£395. Fully carbon Race-Spec. (honeycomb core to add strength and stiffness) (2 – 5kg)
£295. Fully fibreglass Road-spec. (6 - 8kg)
£195. Fibreglass Race-spec. (3 - 6kg)”

What kind of interest (if any) would there be?
P.S. much apologies forthe hijack, just seems better than 2 threads on the same thing

Craig

Whats that for Craig? Bonnet, boot or the lot?

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
As i said i only emailed Stream Line Carbon for rough prices,didnt say there were the cheapest,but well done Craig for finding them cheaper!

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Just bonnets ATM< I'd expect boots to be prohibitivly expensive, I am speaking with the guy tomorrow so will bring it up then.

I also need to confirm if the moulds will need to be paid for as that will add a potential 1-2k on the total bill which might dissuade people.

'll update when I've spoken to him/seen the products.

Craig

As i said i only emailed Stream Line Carbon for rough prices,didnt say there were the cheapest,but well done Craig for finding them cheaper!

Oh yeah, no probs, was just wondering if you'd been speaking to the same people I had been ;) Need to see the quality of the work first to see if it cheaper for a reason though!

they are just carbon skin tho arn't they. they are still using the original metal brackets.

thats what is so good about Matt H's ones, they only have 4 strengthening bars on the inside and its all 100% carbon

Bringing one of those over would be extortion unless you stuck in in the boot of a car though, surely?

Also, let's be realistic, to get something as good as what Matt sells, you will need to pay those sort of prices, but his stuff is all premium.

Craig

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
I dunno, I used googletranslate, it looks like they're carbon skin, FG everything else.

Still a bit of a gamble though for the price...