Apex performance Group BUY

Antony

Ex. Club Member
just gauging interest, after speaking to kev at k-sport (kev@ksport) about a group buy on coilovers for the k11 and k12 micras..

he has taken time out to call me and discuss a rather large discount on the k11 coiover kits and even the oppertunity for all you K12 guys to have some coilovers designed and made up for you.

heres the e-mail

Hi Antony,

K11 first .....

We can do a discount for car clubs on the following terms for KSport K11 coilovers.

The K11 you can specify spring rates

1) Order details and 10% deposits will be collected from participants in the buy, deposits are non refundable.
2) Once the buy is closed the order will be dispatched from the factory on a boat, this gives a total lead-time of around 10 weeks.
3) You have to pass the URL for the thread on the forum so I can go and answer questions.
4) The discount will be 15% for 5-9 orders, and 20% for 10+ orders.

I have registered on MSC as Kev@KSport

K12 now.... Although we could do the same for K11 if you would like.

We cant do the KSport coilovers, however we do work with other coilover manufacturers who can make a kit to fit the K12 from scratch.
We have a long association with the BC brand, and have had some made for the Pulsar GTiR in association with the GTiROC. We can do the same for the MSC.

We run the BC Coilover on all our road and race cars, you will also find good reviews on other owners clubs such as Scoobynet and MLR.

The Process would be.

1) The MSC will need to supply at least 1 front and 1 rear OEM spring/damper/top mount units, or a full set, these will be used to take measurements at the factory and we cant promise to be able to return these.
2) We'll need pics of a standard car @ standard ride height, and the drop-range people would like.
3) We'll make a test kit from this and MSC will need to find somebody willing to buy the kit (at a group buy price) and do a test fit. Any changes can then be made, and the tester test the changes.
All this process should be visible with pics + posts on the forum then everyone can see what's happening in the development, and have a chance for input.
We encourage open and honest feedback as this is the best way to make a quality product.
4) Once the tester is happy with the kit, we'll run a group buy on the forum with everyone able to specify their own spring rates if required. Road users will probably want softer springs than track goers.

You can see how this worked with the GTiROC in this thread
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48778

Testing thread
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49499&highlight=apex

Group Buy Thread.
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50482&highlight=apex

We wont be able to set a firm price until at least the OEM struts have been examined by the factory. However £579 is our current cheapest kit and £649 is the price of the most expensive normal sort of kit - i.e. not including those with inverted dampers, or remote reservoirs. Again a discount of 20% on similar terms to the KSport Group Buy.

Kev Duckworth

Apex Performance Parts
+44 (0)1274 683633
www.apexperformance.co.uk
K-Sport & PPGearbox
www.ksport.co.uk
www.apexperformance.co.uk/ppg

please post all enquiries on here as i will be sending this link to Kev and hopefully after hes finished Drifting in the World D1GP in the USA hell post on here...:grinning: :grinning:

thank you.

I dont think any company makes k10 coilovers, apart from the one that is currently designing them now ;)

Just read the k12 bit and seems they are making them from scratch too sorry :S

How much are K11 ones to start with?

Found it :p

Cart Total
£526.81
Postage to UK (30kg) £10.00
[email protected]% £93.94

Order Total £630.75

So basicly we could be looking at them for between £504 and £536

How much are K11 ones to start with?

Found it :p

Cart Total
£526.81
Postage to UK (30kg) £10.00
[email protected]% £93.94

Order Total £630.75

So basicly we could be looking at them for between £504 and £536

yes, exactly... so a massive discount overall..

it depends how many K10 people we get but if someone is willing to post a set of shockers and srpings off to apex they will have a set proto-typed much like the pulsar guys have had done.....but im not sure if it would be cheaper to modify the strut tops in the car to accept k11 ones..

come on guys.....these are basicaly D2's but cheaper..lol:laugh:

this is so tempting (runs to ebay to look for spare shocks and springs)
if i can manage to get hold of a spare damper etc i would be happy for it to be tested and made for my k12 think my day off next week may be spent ringing breakers yards

Is there a set date this offer ends? As id be interested if we can get some sort of discount, but might take a month'ish to come up with the money!

nope, no end in sight,
they would take 10 weeks for delivery, so probebly when x-mas is out of the way for most people.

yes, but the quality isnt even close to k-sport's.

plus i have been talking to them for months and they cant get them at the moment..

I'll try and keep an eye on this thread, but also feel free to contact me by e-mail or phone if you have a question. My contact details are in the first post.

Kev

:)

so come on guys and girls, once in a lifetime oppertunity (or if you were here for the D2 group buy a few years ago twice) but lets have a list of how many people would be willing to go for coilies...
bearing in mind these could be in a list for a few months, plenty of time to save up.

1)antony

Back