Powercoil Lowering Springs Group Buy

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
Could this be made a sticky please.

Right all those interested in powercoil lowering springs please leave the following info below

Model: (K10/K11/K12)
Drop Req'd: Front: ??mm Rear: ??mm
Prefered Colour: (I have been told by powercoil that the springs come powder coated in any colour)

Here are the prices and info i have been given by powercoil:

1 SET £125+VAT
2-4 SETS £90 +VAT
5-10 SETS £75+VAT.
All Prices include delivery

SPECIFICATION....STIFFER/LOWERED SPRINGS FOR ROAD USE ,TO FIT STD SPRING PANS.

FINISH......POWDER COAT/ANY COLOUR

LEAD TIME..20/25 WORKING DAYS FROM RECEIPT OF PAYMENT

Anyone interested must have stated an interest in this thread following the above format by the 22nd of march, i will then get final prices from powercoil and would need monies in full by the 1st of april. i am awaiting a reply from powercoil as to weather the springs will all be delivered to me or if they can send them to individual address' directly.

if anyone thinks i am not giving long enough for people to place interest/send monies then let me know. the reason iv only gave just over a month for the whole thing is to try and get the whole group buy is sorted asap ready for the summer season!

note. please dont mess me about by saying you want to go ahead and then dropping me in it at the last minute, if you are interested then the springs will be £90 + vat at the most as i am definately getting some which gets us the price for at least 2-4 sets

thanks,
Dave

B

Ben

im deffo interested count me in, not sure which drop im gonna be wanting though, will need to talk it over - what drop you going for dave coz your on 16"s too correct??

B

Ben

also, my friend may also be interested, i will speak to him and let you knwo dave - by the way excellent work, do you have msn??need to speak to you - [email protected]

ben

OP
OP
P

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
Model: K11
Drop Req'd: Front: 60mm Rear: 60mm
Prefered Colour: Blue

ben im goin for 60mm and yeah im on 16's, i think that it will be ok at the front but might catch at the back, ill get the rear arches rolled but if still no joy id just get 15's instead cus im looking at gettin new wheels in the summer anyway. i dont use msn ben, think my old account will be expired now anyway but if you wana get in touch just email me [email protected] as i check it at least once a day

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
U will probs gets scrubbage on the back with 16's if u go 60mm, i was lowered 35mm rear with 16's and could only get 1 person in the back before it scrubbed, that was with arches rolled aswell, 3 in the back and i couldnt move!

R

RIK

yes definatly interested,,all i wanna know his how low can i go on standard shocks without risk of springs popping out?,,im on 15" btw,,,

i want at least 60mm but if i can im goin lower!

B

Ben

neil. i got 16"s on back n i dropped 35 ut i can fill the back with people and my install and no scrubbing! Possibly because i have 195/40/16 though. but i will be changing them to 195/45/16 when they need replacing so i think i will take your advice and go with 60 front and 45 rear. You think i will get scrubbing at front with 60mm drop? Might not go that low actually ben

R

RIK

no limit m8 any drop you want !

can any one tell me if theres gunna be a problem with me getting 70mm springs?

B

Beachboy

my saving up time for coilovers is going to be sometime. so meanwhile i will go for a set of these. any chance of bring the closing date sooner. ready for an april 1st ordering say? seems quite a long time to me.

Drop Req'd: Front: 60mm Rear: 60mm
Prefered Colour: Blue
with springs rated at 5.5 kgf/mm front and 4 kgf/mm rear.

R

RIK

yeah april 1st seems fine to me,,

k11
60mm(want lower if its still safe) 80mm!
blue

B

Ben

Drop: 55/60 front (not decided yet) & 50 back i think
Finish: gold if possible

OP
OP
P

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
ok i can make it the 22nd of march to have everyones details in and then recieve the monies by the 1st of april if everyone would prefer, i will have to have the week or so in between so that people who wish to pay by cheque can have their cheques cashed before i make payment to powercoil. i can also accept paypal but people will have to pay the fees that i am charged if they wish to pay this way, i think its about 3% or something, if anyone could confirm this?

as for drop i dont know what is safe or unsafe, obviously if your wanting to go low your more than likely going to need uprated or shortened shocks. i must stress that its each individuals responsibility to find out more info. i will not be held responsible if anyone decides to put for example 80mm springs on and gets problems.

let me know what everyone thinks about changes in timescale

R

RIK

lol that would be me then!

im tryin to find out now,,but probly go for it any way (at my own risk) maybe 70mm :)

OP
OP
P

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
RE: RE: Powercoil Lowering Springs Group Buy

Big_ben said:
Drop: 55/60 front (not decided yet) & 50 back i think
Finish: gold if possible

dont know what colours are exacly available but powercoil told me finished in any colour, might be a good idea to put a second choice colour for example ben you might not be able to get gold but if not you would probably be more than likely able to get yellow instead or something.

kristian

One Way Mule
Kristian ...count me in..

K11
drop: 60mm, 60mm
color: blue

stiff as possible..!!!!

Ive had an adjustable panhard rod from whiteline for ages but never needed it..

paypal address?

kristian

B

Beachboy

and can i have 5.5k rating at front and 4k at back please. as they can do spring rates aswell.

OP
OP
P

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
kristian, ill let everyone know my paypal address once i have final prices for everyone, like i said after the 22nd march i will get prices going on the number of confirmed orders by then, then people have until 1st april to get payment to me.

please note: people who are paying by cheque i would prefer if i could have the cheques in time for them to have cleared by the 1st april before i pay powercoil. sorry to act suspicious but if cheques were to bounce etc i could be left out of pocket, hope you all understand

OP
OP
P

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
RE: RE: Powercoil Lowering Springs Group Buy

Beachboy said:
and can i have 5.5k rating at front and 4k at back please. as they can do spring rates aswell.

didnt even think about stiffness, ill get onto them and ask what spring rates they do and ask if they can supply a quick run down on whats what for those like me who dont know the ins and outs so that people can decide what spring rates they would like

B

Beachboy

to give an idea about what kind of rates are around the 30-35mm drop jap springs are about 2k-3.4k at front and 1.25-2.5k at rear. with coilover kits about 5-6k at front and 3-4k at rear.

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Also interested for project JAE. :) Nice one for doing the reseacrh Paynee!!! 60mm drop all round should be fine for me also for k11, or possibly 50mm at the rear. Also may be interested in some for the k10 too. :)

B

Beachboy

i may change my rates before ordering. may go safe and go for 4k front and 3.5k rear.

B

Ben

dave, might need to drop out for now, just realised i will be giving Wayne close to £200 at end of month n paying him is more important at the minute + i have other plans on the go so need to sort that first. If i somehow get some more money before then i will let you know but for now count me out - ben

excellent stuff.

K11
60mm front
50mm back
Blue
Stiffness.....awaiting further news from Paynee.
To go on standard shocks

If my calculations and mathematical skills are up to scratch, and with 5 or more ppl buying then were all looking at £88 inc VAT and DEL.

:)

fox1983

Deactivated Account
will the price go down if u get more than 10 just not sure how much il get for my birthday and thats end of month

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
I would love my K10 scrapeing the floor don't think 60mm would be low enough 80mm? I would be intersted to see how much these would cost, although i doubt i could get the £££ together.
Model: K10
Req'd: Front:80mm Rear: 80mm
Or do other K10 people think 80mm is to much (or to little)? Still if these could be done i might be intersted but would like to know a final price

Ian

Ex. Club Member
i thought if you drop more then 35mm that you need to uprate the dampers are they get knackered with a large drop ?

R

RIK

Ian said:
i thought if you drop more then 35mm that you need to uprate the dampers are they get knackered with a large drop ?

especially with konis cos the adjustable part is at the bottom and wen the shock bottoms out it smashes against it,,ive been advised to stay with my 35mm,,

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
How do you decide on the stiffness? im thinkin 60mm for me and my mate lookin at 80mm. Has any got pics with cars lowered like this?

OP
OP
P

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
here is an email i have just recieved from powercoil regarding delivery and spring rates:

to answer your queries, I have quoted for 1 delivery, all the boxes to 1 address.
Also,the prices are for 1 design rate, ie the fronts will all be the same stiffness, as will the rears.However,the free lengths can vary to give different ride heights.
The first up-rate from std would be plus 20% stiffer, which is what I would suggest for road cars.
With regards to lowering, 40mm for example means that reduction in NEW STANDARD RIDE HEIGHT FOR A STANDARD WEIGHT VEHICLE.Please ensure your members realise that.Also, for those who specify anything greater than 50mm,there is a possibility of spring dislocation at full suspension droop ie-tyres off the ground.In such circumstances,the springs would need to be fastened to the spring pans.I trust all this is understood, and look forward to being of service.

hope that helps with peoples questions so it looks as though everyone is going to have to agree on an increase in stiffness and people are also going to have to allow for probably an extra £10 for delivery from me once the springs have arrived. obviously i cant get a definate price for postage from me to yourselves until i get a set of springs packaged to get a price from. People who are near sunderland can pick the springs up once they have arrived to save on the second postage cost also.

good stuff.

Well Dave.

write mine down with an ink pen.

60mm front
50mm back
finished in blue if poss

and Im wanting what the guy suggests...
20% stiffer is fine I reckon.

Also dont wanna sound a knob which I might do right now, but can we hurry this along pls, i mean change the dates, cos I dont want it changing from a group buy into a group flop, like the dials did.

R

RIK

rite,i will have my money ready on the 31st of this month

lookin at that letter im goin for..

50mm all 4
20% stiffer
in blue

thanks

OP
OP
P

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
whats everyones else's thoughts on bringing deadlines forward, the dates are currently orders placed by 22nd of march with monies to be recieved by me by the 1st april, who wants it bringing forward or not. if its going to cause anyone problems with sourcing funds etc lemme know and i wont do it but if everyone agrees i can bring it forward again.

Lou

Ex. Club Member
k11
75mm Front
70mm Back
50% Stiffer if poss
Finished in Red

Ill have the money for you as soon as you want it matey

B

Beachboy

i may go one off custom order if i cant get the rates i want as a group buy. i will email powercoil to ask about it. possibly i could pay an extra charge to have custom rates.

djlee_dj

Ex. Club Member
beachboy, why / what is your reasoning for the different stiffness' ?

harder the spring, less likely to bottom out ?

some nice/knowledgable guy should list a list or recommended uprades when going more than 40mm for noobie lower'ers

:)

B

Beachboy

actualy payne can you email them. i have just reread your post i thought the fronts will be same rate as rears for all orders, but i think it actually means all group buy springs must be same rate fronts for everyone and same rate rears for everyone, but they can be different fornt to back.
20% stiffer doesnt mean anything to me. i want to specify a kgf/mm rating for fronts and rears. if we can agree on a kgf/mm then i'm in, and if they can make them, instead of saying around %stiffer.
so a top spec stiffness i would like is 4k front and 3k rear.
slightly stiffer at rear than other ratings as i like a bit less of the understeer, and a stiffer rear end will help with this. also as i dont have rear anti roll bar.

B

Beachboy

doing a bit more research, i think 50mm should be the maximum drop you have at the rear, for safety and also for handling purposesand practicality. could go a bit lower at the front. i would only go lower by a few mm but you could choose more say upto 60mm drop for front.
also seen another section on spring rates 4kgf/mm front and 3.5kgf/mm rear is what i want to go for. with 55mm drop front and 50mm drop rear.
can you ask what surcharge there would be paynee if i was the only one to want this setup? cheers.

Titch

Micra K11ng
Beachboy said:
doing a bit more research, i think 50mm should be the maximum drop you have at the rear, for safety and also for handling purposesand practicality. could go a bit lower at the front. i would only go lower by a few mm but you could choose more say upto 60mm drop for front.
also seen another section on spring rates 4kgf/mm front and 3.5kgf/mm rear is what i want to go for. with 55mm drop front and 50mm drop rear.
can you ask what surcharge there would be paynee if i was the only one to want this setup? cheers.

Yea - i agree. If you still want to take people in the back of the car, then i'd say the maximum you could go is about 57mm. When i had Danni and Wayne it the car it was okay, but speed bumps are a bitch, and also had the damper set to 11 (hardest being 24), so its a bit of a nightmare for a nice look!

R

RIK

Paynee said:
whats everyones else's thoughts on bringing deadlines forward, the dates are currently orders placed by 22nd of march with monies to be recieved by me by the 1st april,

like i sed i cant get money till 31st of march,,so ide have to drop out if you need the money before then,,