bhp??

mukydarry

Ex. Club Member
cool people..just wonderd roughly what bhp my k11 super s would be at if i add:
janspeed manny
get ports polished
a re map
ive got a custom exhaust system already and k and n bt is there a bete induction to get and what??

Flywheel won't change the BHP. It'll just decrease the rotational mass, which'll make your engine more responsive. Same as putting smaller or lighter wheels on.

Would have thought to be more then that. More like 115. Davey C got 108 on his red LX with a full janspeed system and a dastek

nissan got 101hp from their CGA alpha engine (better exhaust manni, wilder inlet cam, a slightly higher C/R and a better map) so copy that spec, or else improve on it (1.0 pistons and an autosprint cam) for 120hp :cool:

The usual bolt ons give nominally 95-98bhp, anything more and the dyno is on the generous side. With a good re-map you should be able to push past the 100bhp mark :)

For example, I recorded 106bhp with a CG13, NME 256deg cams, Group-A 2" exhaust and a re-mapped standard ecu on a Dyno Dymanics rolling road, (which are generally renowned for being accurate). I then took the car back to a local SUN rolling road and it recorded 119bhp, so that shows figures can vary wildly between dynos.

Just for info, polishing the ports will do nothing for you, if actually lose you power, especially on the inlet side of the head, (fuel dropout etc). If you mean get an exchanged gas flowed head then that's a different kettle of fish. I just see this term flung around a lot on this site and it's quite meaningless, (no offence meant by the way) :)

Exactly my point.......dynos vary quite a bit.....then again you do have a little more displacement ;) I once recorded 107bhp for the same modifications on a 60,000mile CG13DE.

As a point of reference, the NME street cars which ran with a janspeed system, OEM centre cat, NME 256deg cams, stock airbox and panel filter running on a mapped Pectel ecu were rated at 98bhp. Although people disagree the OEM cat does make a difference to the top end figure and Peter Vaughan who mapped the cars originally even states that if one is to be run without a mid cat is should be re-mapped accordingly.

Ed and I will be putting a standard K11 1.3 GX on a dyno dynamics rolling road at some point to set a benchmark. I have a totally stock 1.3 GX which has been converted to LPG, so we will also see what that does to the power output for fun ;)

At the end of the day it a good thing to be accurate, as we can then give out factual information fo all our members :)

so what if i got a manifold and a remap what would i be pushing out??
how much is a remap and where from??
what about race cams??

soz bout all the questions:blues:

Dont get to carried away with all these figures the works micra challenge rally cars only produced around the 118 bhp mark and they were definatley not standard........

Take advice from what Colin Chapman said:

Power makes you faster in a straight line, losing weight makes you faster everywhere else.

ok then so what would you say the best things to get are??
ino the manifolds worth it.. is the re-map??
what would be good to get then ??

HOLLA BACK YO:glare:

ok then so what would you say the best things to get are??
ino the manifolds worth it.. is the re-map??
what would be good to get then ??

HOLLA BACK YO:glare:

HOLLA!
yo bredda, get your self some sweet cams, and a mad K&N panel filter, then sort yourself out with the manny of choice (janspeed) and some de-cat action. then stop eat'in those metal pies and loose some auto ass weight!!! strip your car to its bare bones!!! its big!!!!

'Heavy role'in bruva'!

but, if you prefer, you could possibly swap the janspeed manifold for one of Frank's home made ones, they are supposed to be very good, and are really rather cheap too:)

If i was to go again with a k11, i'd go cams, full exhaust system, quad throttle bodies, and then handling. No use have power and crap handling. And strip it out like hell to. Mad bhp aint everything

Get it stripped out!
It's free & effective..Surprising the amount of unnessesary stuff you can lose.
It's funny the lengths some owners go to for 1 or 2 horses & then fill their car with subs & speakers etc.

Back