My 1.3 K11 Si - Over 104 BHP!

It took the mechanic in garage 10 minutes each side plus very fast brake system bleed of all fluid and any air in system. Bargain at only £20 fitting including re-fill of brake fluid!

I also ordered today from Matt the Spax Dampers for K11! Cannot wait until suspension is all setup! When I have enough money will buy lowering springs (I was thinking 50 or 60mm springs, with 195/45/15 tyres all around without any rubbing at all?) and fit both dampers and springs at the same time as could not afford to buy the awesome £500 Spax suspension kit from Matt in one go!

Sounds like a bargain, I might just get mine professionally fitted to save me the hassle of buying a bleeding kit which I'll only use once. And 50/60mm lowering springs are a good idea as well, won't have any scrubbing with 195/45s either (on current alloys, or a new set?) (Y)

That is the thing, I need MONEY to buy some super lightweight 15" alloy wheels. Micra don't do 15" alloy wheels, at moment I have stock Nissan 14" alloys. Either some superlite's or team dynamics. Anything about 5-6kg per wheel to be honest. But new 15" alloy wheels will not make a difference regards to rubbing as they will be standard width, 6.5" I believe? What is the standard alloy width for 195/45/15's? (no stupid tyre stretch, normal tyres, same shape as you buy them when fitted onto alloy wheel, nothing to hinder performance :grinning:)

I think most alloys are either 6.5J or 7J, with either little or no stretch. Mine are deep dish 8Js with 195/45/15s and a lot of stretch, you can fit your fingers in the gap :grinning:. They're also very close to the suspension struts/springs, and scrub over most bumps as it's been lowered 90mm (I'm acually looking to go lower :laugh:). Superlites will probably give you a lot of stretch, so you'd have to go for wider tyres, I think.

Aha, I thought they came as about 7.5J/8J and that's it? I want some white and black 9Js for my next project now :laugh:

Are you sure that's not priced for each wheel? Can't be for a whole set without tyres, mine were £400 without tyres and they're only Calibres, not custom made Superlites. That must be a price for each wheel

Oh I had no idea :laugh:!!! I thought I was a lone soldier in London! I would love for you to come and have a look at my K11 and I can see yours! Do you want to come round before I get the lightweight flywheel fitted (this week) or after (you can experience greater acceleration then!). I live in Perivale, Greenford which is a 5 minute drive from Wembley stadium? Where abouts do you live R-REG-SR? PM me if you like. My first time potentially meeting up with a Micra enthusiast! (Ed and Matt Humphris excluded!)

very good news!!!!!
if you got some time on the weekend, i could meet you up . BP perivale any good?

There are some light Rota wheels, like Slipstreams which come in at 5.1kgs in a 15 x 6.5". OZ Ultraleggera's at a shade under 5kgs in 15x7.0. Don't think you can get the older Superleggera anymore, they were 4.9kgs in 15x7.0.

Team dynamic do some light rims, such as Pro Race 1, but I think they're closer to 6.5kgs a wheel and in 7" also.

Nothing much comes close to that unless you break into the forged territories and that gets expensive quickly. I'm not a fan of them but Rotas are a good price for the weight if you find a style that you like.

Hi guys, been a while but I got an update on my K11 beast!

• Bought and fitted my new amazing Rota Slipstreams in matt black (15x7.0) to my Si, with Yokohama S-Drives at 195/45/15 - alloys and tyres look amazing
  • Serviced my car with high performance Fuchs Titan race pro s 5w40 fully synthetic oil and the normal ngk spark plugs
  • Still awaiting to fit my 2.66KG custom flywheel (from Mayes) with new LUK clutch kit as I don't trust my local garages to fit it them (heard stories of bolts come loose due to bolts on flywheel not tightened to correct torque, especially as it is lightweight it will be under so much more pressure at all times), would love one of you guys on here to do it (of course I'd pay you :grinning:)
  • Also, today I bought an amazing G-Tech Pro ss - click HERE to find out how amazing this piece of equipment is!

That is what has been happening with my car since July :grinning:. Please comment on what you think :p

I'd say most people with a little bit of mechanical knowledge could change the flywheel. I put a Mayes one on recently. Took about 1.5 hours as never removed a fwd box before. Basic halfords tool kit, trolley jack, axle stand, impact gun for flywheel bolts, long bar for levering bottom arm.

I could fit your clutch mate, I'm in south and it would be a drop of and collect same day mate

Pm if interested mate

It took the mechanic in garage 10 minutes each side plus very fast brake system bleed of all fluid and any air in system. Bargain at only £20 fitting including re-fill of brake fluid!

I also ordered today from Matt the Spax Dampers for K11! Cannot wait until suspension is all setup! When I have enough money will buy lowering springs (I was thinking 50 or 60mm springs, with 195/45/15 tyres all around without any rubbing at all?) and fit both dampers and springs at the same time as could not afford to buy the awesome £500 Spax suspension kit from Matt in one go!

my mate has the spax rsx adjustable ones on his mk4 golf (eurgh i know!!!). they say theyre adjustable, but its a ratio based adjustment. if you stiffen up the compression damping (slow) then it softens the rebound damping (fast). this gives you a fantastic springy boingy effect. this is shown in real world driving by small bounces of body roll through the corners. bad idea imho. im going for modifying the standard dampers and cutting the springs to give me proper coilies.

They are not adjustable at all, they are the very good SPAX uprated damper set (much stiffer) from Matt Humphris. These are proper uprated dampers, not as you describe. Therefore it is a very good idea and an awesome handling upgrade, as Matt said, "they will make your car handle like a go-kart".

And these will be coupled with proper 60mm lowering springs to give a proper, stiff, firm suspension setup.

:grinning:

I now have fitted and setup (thanks to Ed & Jamie at Fusion :grinning:) the BC COILOVER's on my K11! They are absolutely awesome. Have over 30 damper settings, I'm always changing them depending on where I'm driving to, if I have people in car etc. And the drop looks awesome - probably over 60mm drop with no rubbing at all. Will have some pictures up whenever I have time :p

Finally my 2.66KG custom flywheel and a new LUK clutch has been fitted with new gearbox oil seal and rear cam seal - WHAT AN ACCELERATION DIFFERENCE! One of the best acceleration modifications! Awesome.

As most must know, sadly my awesome K11 is for sale as I need the money :(! The latest pictures of my pride and joy will be added to my for sale thread tomorrow AM. Please check it out :)

Hi everyone, my name's Faisal and I'm from Wembley, London.

This is the first time I've revealed my car to everyone on this awesome site. It was up for sale in the K11's for sale section for past 2 weeks, but have decided against it now :grinning:

My beloved K11 is a 1999 1.3 Si, manual, in silver. It is in great condition, and with only 67000 miles on the clock. Comes in 3 door with Rev counter, front electric windows, remote locking, front fog lights, alloy wheels, power steering.

I have spent thousands on this car, and it is now quite a fast car - (I have beaten 2.0 BMW '60 plate cars all the way from standstill at traffic lights to 115 mph (on private roads of course :grinning:), and many other shocked and embarrassed cars on my list!).

Below is a quick list as to what I have done to my K11:

• 4-2-1 stainless steel Janspeed Competition Group A Exhaust Manifold from Matt Humphris
  • Full stainless steel completely decatted exhaust system - custom made by powerflow with larger than standard diameter (Now I know powerflow is no good, but does job - did not have a clue back then - got conned into paying £££ for exhaust system! RIP OFF - oh well)
  • Green Cotton NanoStorm Induction Kit with Cold Air Feed at front grill - one of the best performing kits with one of highest BHP from Matt Humphris
  • 1.6 Primera injectors
  • And all of these awesome modifications have been perfected with Ed's work at Fusion and Surrey Rolling Road in March 2011 - Nistune ECU installed and mapped to produce 104.1 BHP!
  • And with all that power on such a light car, brand new discs and racing high performance Mintex M1144 pads fitted in March 2011 as well - just after the Nistune ECU from Ed, so they are basically brand new - from Matt Humphris
  • And for a bit of fun, a 139dB Stebel Nautilus Compact truck horn installed which is by far the loudest horn you will ever need - miles louder than the PIAA sports horns - I've had both, PIAA horns are like mice compared to the awesome Stebel!
The great thing I think is, from outside it is completely stock (apart from chrome front grills sprayed matt black - not really noticeable and of course exhaust from back - not that big) - not lowered, no fancy alloys or lights, not de-badged etc - absolutely no exterior modifications. This shocks and embarrasses people even more because they do not have a clue what is under my bonnet when I rip them apart!

Once I have money I am going to buy the Spax suspension kit from Matt Humphris (about £600 I think :wow:) which will enable me to corner at much higher speeds than currently with the spongy stock suspension - it is like steering a boat, awful - very unstable at high speeds when cornering even a bit!

It is really an awesome car, as Ed said, a prime example of how "it should be done" when modding a K11, and now the rewards are great with 104.1 bhp! The acceleration is fairly rapid and equally the stopping power of the Mintex M1144 pads is extremely impressive and they have no brake fade at all - an unbelievable bargain at about £50 from Matt Humphris - definately most cost effective mod you can do - they are so powerful - and on standard discs - no need to upgrade discs or calipers with these M1144 pads!

I also service the car regularly using premium products, and boy oh boy - I have an obsession with cleaning my car - interior and exterior!

And just now I have received a custom lightened flywheel at 2.66 KG from Mayes Motorsport for £325 (eBay: search "micra flywheel")! Will make a huge difference for acceleration once it's fitted (I know it will decelerate much faster as well - but who cares SPEED SPEED SPEED!) It looks awesome.

In the near future after I get Matt Humphris' £600 Spax suspension set up and 195-45-15 Toyo T1R's all round, I need tips on how to get more BHP only - most cost effective - I don't know - maybe cams, turbo etc. I want to keep 1.3 engine though. Please advise all you K11 experts out there!

Thanks for reading, and please comment (any tips greatly appreciated!)

scan0001fu.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
How can I get in touch with this Ed guy for a Nistune ECU, Thanks :)

Back