bhp and weight mods

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
I have a janspeed manifold and a ashley cat back system and a induction kit on my 1.3. What bhp would it be roughly and if i added rally cams what would it be then and and adding cams, would it be noticeable. Also with some stripping what kind of car would it go agains allowing for a good driver.............im just curious cause ive put my car up for sale but im having second thoughts wheater ive done the right thing or not

bhp is about 80+ at the wheels. the std 80 bhp is mesuared at the flywheel so you have gianed about iirc 20bhp at wheels. if you added cams i would say (rough estimate) 90-100 at the wheels? inc re-mapp to set them up. cams will be noticeable! better rpm pick up.

You can't really say what it'll be, you'll just have to get it fitted, setup and dyno'd. Ideally you'll want it remapped after fitting that kit, even just the manifold/exhaust/induction as the fueling will be way off.

Mine (with manifold, custom induction, custom exhaust, Apexi S-AFC map) ran 78 at the dyno when first setup (at the hubs) and on the most accurate dyno available, no bs figures.

You can't really say what it'll be, you'll just have to get it fitted, setup and dyno'd. Ideally you'll want it remapped after fitting that kit, even just the manifold/exhaust/induction as the fueling will be way off.

Mine (with manifold, custom induction, custom exhaust, Apexi S-AFC map) ran 78 at the dyno when first setup (at the hubs) and on the most accurate dyno available, no bs figures.

samer as mine but i just unplugged the lambda..lol:laugh:

I would sort out the inlet manifold before I put some cams in, personally.

Also, every kilo you shed is performance gained, it depends how 'refined' you want the car to be really.

Craig

I would sort out the inlet manifold before I put some cams in, personally.

Also, every kilo you shed is performance gained, it depends how 'refined' you want the car to be really.

Craig

sort out the inlet manifold before I put some cams in, personally...................as in ?

Well i was thinking of buying another micra either so i could strip it petty well and just keep it for driving to trackdays and a few meets etc

The more I look at it, the less I like the std. inlet arrangement, with that sorted you could see some (comparatively) huge power gains, either a single tb feeding a 4-runner plenum, or ITB's should sort you out nicely...

Well us k10's owners are all doing it! The standard design on both k10 and k11 is terrible. Will see about getting a spare k11 throttle body and investigating this in june! Might be able to get one ready for sale as i getting my tigging done quite cheap. Will be sold without profit for testing purposes on the basis its dyno'ed!

The more I look at it, the less I like the std. inlet arrangement, with that sorted you could see some (comparatively) huge power gains, either a single tb feeding a 4-runner plenum, or ITB's should sort you out nicely...

so its best to go on a diet and do some exercise then.

Back