• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

b47tos micra

b47to

Ex. Club Member
this is my 1liter 16valve micra project

i am modding the micra ready for when im 17 (july 9th )

please let me know what you think

when i got the car it was totally standard

DSC00014.jpg

nxt thing i want to do is get a spoiler on the back,then add a saxo 1 on top of that.

im also wanting to do the single wiper conversion

also i reli want to paint the back of the lights black but to risky due to crackin the glass

Looking good so far, I love them wheels, I've seen that milk churn install before though, I wouldnt use the bonnet scoop, and you need a cold air feed to the filter, other than that it's a good start, keep it up.

the light painting is really easy, just heat the glue up with a hairdryer and prise the glass off with a flat screwdriver.

yeah looking good (Y)!!!

agree......maybe not use that bonnet vent but your choice! will you make it operational....as in cut into the bonnet for air to enter etc? will you smooth it inot the bonnet or leave it?

spoiler is a good idea....i nearly did it....but def go for it! unique :)

nice alloys! what make?

you thought about colour coding bumpers?

yeah the scoop is pritty big i think its off a nissan pulsa not sure tbh

yh defo gota get my bumpers coded

not sure what make alloys are sorry bout that

as iv neva drove the car i dont knw if my wheels are are goin to affect the car badly

as the rear wheels are 205/15

and the fronts are 195/15

Different....especially if you havent even turned 17 yet!

My worry is your insurance bill, it'll be nuts with all those modifications o_O

i was givin the splitter and told its of a clio

also with spraying the lights black did u primer them first ?

here are some pics of the rear of my micra lookin reli standard and lame

can somebody give me some ideas or tips on how to mod the rear

poss at low cost

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

i think thing to do next then are the door handles and boot handle
\

how easy/hard are the door handles to remove ?

got sports 4" back box ready

rang jap spares today only spoiler they have is a maroon red colour and are wanting 35 for it

spray the handles on the car? i was tempted untill i got a set of Robert. the door handles have got a locking rod attached!! they are held on with 2bolts! very easy to remove but the problem comes with the locking rod! it is "hooked" inside a hole which is attached to the handle its self! tricky to remove!!!

easy option: masking tape around ahndle and spray on car!
hard option: remove door card, undo bolts and fiddle about in tiny space

will buy some white primer and some nissan red 2moz and let u know how i go on
i did the grill with gray primer and nissan red and the grill is darker to the rest of the car so i will try white this time thank you

sonic for the front lights sprayed black did u primer them first ?

if so was it normal primer or plastic primer

i know my names not "sonic" but; the headlights i did mine in primer but another set without! havent noticed a different if im honest!!

its usaully the sanding down of anything first is priority so the spray sticks!

spray lightly and evenly!! best results bud!!
good luck

I just gave the shiny bits to be painted a rub down with 800 grade wet and dry and then brush painted with satin finish engine paint.

your car is looking real neat, love the sound setup! real different. some limo tint on the back window would really finish the back off nice aswell i reckon!

how did you fit the bonnet scoop?

bonnet scoop isnt fitted it just rested it on the bonnet for the pics

still dont know if im goin to use it or not

thanks for your help

sonic,napster

also did u use the wet and dry for door handles ?

cheers

sonic,napster

also did u use the wet and dry for door handles ?

cheers

wet and dry or sanding down should be done on anything you are about to spray. so yes would be the answer mate!
then grey primer....or white.....and fine spray / brush stroke over the part in question!!! lights or handles!!!!

the bonnet vent is a 'replica' pulsar gti-r item and the replicas look horrible/tacky.
try buying the paint for your car from nissan, about £7-£10. i think your colour code will be AJ4. the paint code is on the vin plate under the bonnet. then you'll be an exact match to the colour of your car, or what your car was when it was new i.e. not faded etc.
also as mentioned above, insurance will be high if not impossible with mods for new driver.

looks good though. :)

the bonnet vent is a 'replica' pulsar gti-r item and the replicas look horrible/tacky.
try buying the paint for your car from nissan, about £7-£10. i think your colour code will be AJ4. the paint code is on the vin plate under the bonnet. then you'll be an exact match to the colour of your car, or what your car was when it was new i.e. not faded etc.
also as mentioned above, insurance will be high if not impossible with mods for new driver.

looks good though. :)

i tryed takein my lights out today and the nuts keep spinnin so i cant take out the lights at all.

help help

i tryed takein my lights out today and the nuts keep spinnin so i cant take out the lights at all.

help help

you could drill straight through the nuts and replace them with new ones, usually the only solution when the thread is nackered

what jets and wipers should i use then ?

and the bolt on the light is like built into the plastic of the light

std black washer jets look fine lol....or do what ive done and colour code the std jets.....and put black normal wipers on... chrome ones look cheap and tacky imo chavvy!

just painted my lights and cracked the lens on the pasangers side :( mot failure now

i need a lens !!!!!!

ive also choped down my gear stick to make it a short shifta haha :D

how many holes is there if i remove my boot handle ? and does any1 knw how to remove it

about 4 10mm bolts under the metal boot cover on the inside of the boot lid, 5min job max ;) why did you chop down the gear stick :s wont make a diffrance lol it will fial on the lights anyways as you have painted the indicator lenses so there not reflective! and wont be bright engough!

####tt !!! i thought u could paint indicators like is said on mighty micra site :S
http://www.goldstar.myzen.co.uk/Mighty Micra.htm
2) You can spray everywhere except the headlight casing, so the indicator casing, silver part between indicator and headlight and the outside of the headlight case.

ive also seen napsters car has done the same as me also reepers car

choped gear stick now look better lol

i cant even sand it out now cuz it still wont be reflective

help !!!!!!

My lights are the same as yours..
Haven't been through an MOT yet though!

If possible, I'd go to a garage and just ask if they'd fail or not before worrying too much.

Car's coming on nicely btw!

ive paint the isnide of my head lights aswell, but i havent paint the indicator reflective bits. if the worst comes to worst just get some std ones from the scrapyard for mot and stuff!

a cracked light lens is only an mot failure if it affects the beam pattern. but you'll get condensation it it anyway, which would probably affect the beam pattern.

Get rid of the washer jets in the bonnet and smooth them and move them to the wiper arms like James did with some TVR washer jets.

Ivan

A short shifter isnt just a shorter gearstick dude! It's got a longer throw below the pivot which makes shifting harder but quicker.

Nis, don't suppose you've got any pictures of the washer jet wiper blades?

I've been considering smoothing my bonnet, but the only place i could see suitable for the jets is the scuttle panel, can't see how the pipe could be routed to the washer jets if they're on the wipers themselves?

Back