another N/A project :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
thanks 1275 :) and drum axle with matiz rear springs and stock shockers with the topmount washer welded lower down and a spacer above to suit, and removed swaybar and reversed stock 14" steelies (ET 0)

Attachments

• 67858.jpg
    67858.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 29

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"stock camber or wheel spacers? why removed swaybar?...is the matiz setup that stiff...

the rear camber was on the blue car mycra, and the swaybar was removed on a cutting session along with some bodywork and brackets etc.
and the rear is a little too stiff really, the fronts were too soft and high with the stock matiz 11 coils, we,re down to 7.5 coils atm, which gives only 10mm of preload and makes them quite firm.
and no spacers :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"That rear looked nice...whatever you did lol

ta :)
yet another N/A project under way lol (just a spare engine really)
a japspec CG13 from an auto march G# thingy.
the crankpins look like they,ve only done 50 miles, so its having 1.0 pistons fitted today.
here,s the contraption i use to remove and refit the wristpins :)

Attachments

• 67932.jpg
    67932.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 33

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
gonna try and get the f/w and clutch assy down to 4kg,s and fit a 1.0 crank pulley too :)
cvt driveplate with a kart brakedisc welded on from behind, as you can see its about a 1/4 the weight of a coilpack one
heres the throttle response with the current lightened and drilled 3.5 kg fly and 2.5 kg clutch assy

Attachments

• 68557.jpg
    68557.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 21

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
uk_facelift WROTE:

"Very impressive, any videos of this diy flywheel in action Frank?

Matt.

cheers matt :) this one wont be fitted till i try out the high comp
1275 japspec engine after the hillclimb event
i,m hoping it,ll give me a throttle response akin to a busa :)

Attachments

• 68604.jpg
    68604.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 23

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
That's ruddy light. The only way to get it lower would be to opt for extremely expensive options such as a Tilton 140mm clutch, (1.8kgs), but that would make it a TOTAL pita to drive and go against your overall theme. 140mm unsprung cerametallic or sintered driveplate = FAIL on anything other than a track and the rebuild intervals would suck too.

We're at 5.8kgs as a whole assembly for the next build and happy with that, (currently 9.1kg).

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
hahaha awesome pic frank!

I really appreciate all the k11 knowledge ive picked up from reading your posts, all the best with the new engine!

p.s. do you know roughly how many times you've 'dropped' a cg13 into a micra?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
:D ta joel
this one will probably be sold once i have tested it out for oil consumption, i,ve been stretching the oil control rings on the engine rebuilds recently, (because they tend to get a bit tired/unspringy) and this 1311 one drinks no oil at all, so hopefully the japspec one will be the same
we,re probably approaching double figures on the engine changes now eh !
and getting the engine waist height was a struggle, but once you,ve bearhugged it, you can walk around with ease lol

CMF_k11_facelift

» CMF Member
Any pics of the full car frank? Will be nearly as low as me :O

And have you covered all other parts, struts, panhard rod, as well as the underbody with your shutz mix? Do you recommend to do the same, as I'm about to redo my chassis rails, left most of the existing stuff on a speedbump somewhere:)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
not as low as yours matt no :) i wanted it lower but with equal archgap all around (hence cutting and reworking the arches)
and i covered any metal part that was scabby basically mate (floor, brakepipes axle etc)

Attachments

• 69303.jpg
    69303.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 24

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
More poke :eek:O Woo!

Oh incidentally you were spot on with the stock wheels, 13x5.0 ET45. I must have remembered the 45 part and remembered it as 4.5. Grey hair penetrating the brain Ho-hum!

Poke wise, what do you think would be a safe number on a 13x7 on stock unmodified arches Frank? We're currently on ET37 i think......

CMF_k11_facelift

» CMF Member
That is alot of dish, they're going to look pretty sweet when done.

Ok ta, I'm just going to stick to chassis rails, floor and sills I think, do the rest next year.

Notice you've colour-coded the front bumper now, you colour-coding the rear and de bump stripping the sides too? And with those new rims your going to have the looks as well as the power.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
uk_facelift WROTE:

"That is alot of dish, they're going to look pretty sweet when done.

Ok ta, I'm just going to stick to chassis rails, floor and sills I think, do the rest next year.

Notice you've colour-coded the front bumper now, you colour-coding the rear and de bump stripping the sides too? And with those new rims your going to have the looks as well as the power.

thats a front (same et10) and rear (et-5 only 5mm more dish than before) in the pic matt, so little changed tbh
and the bumper insert will be blacked again, i,m still blowing in the repairs from when it was written off by the previous owner lol

Attachments

• 69368.jpg
    69368.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 24

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
SSUK WROTE:

"More poke :eek:O Woo!

Oh incidentally you were spot on with the stock wheels, 13x5.0 ET45. I must have remembered the 45 part and remembered it as 4.5. Grey hair penetrating the brain Ho-hum!

Poke wise, what do you think would be a safe number on a 13x7 on stock unmodified arches Frank? We're currently on ET37 i think......

i dont know what you would get away with tbh SSUK, my aches have been bashed upwards and folded/doubled back so they have a bit more clearance now (original arch was where the arrow is pointing to)

Attachments

• 69370.jpg
    69370.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 18

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
We'll probably stick close to what we have considering we like to corner pretty hard and will be playing around with ride heights this time as well as switching to a semi-slick tyre on track.

Saying that it would be nice to run say an ET37 up front and maybe an ET20 on the rear to even up the rear track with the front. Will have to double check clearances when I'm next in the UK.

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
nice work Frank, the wheels look awesome and that video is awesome too! lol

how do you rate the suspension now? out of 10? (10 being excellent)

i love the height you got out of the suspension setup, and it looks to have decent handling

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
thanks nick :) i,ve only driven the ebay corsa coilies so cant compare my setup really, but it seems to handle pretty good considering there are no swaybars fitted.
the track surface at prescott is a bit like a carpark (hence the mad tyresqueal eh)
but the cut and reworked k11 rear springs are too stiff for my liking, and the uncut matiz rears will be refitted now that this years trackdays are over

Attachments

• 69767.jpg
    69767.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 17

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
@frank

hi mate! are your cam timing still the same as your old setup? shaved dowel and advanced intake cams and stock timing on the exhaust cams?
..also whats your current ignition timing?

Aki

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"thanks nick :) i,ve only driven the ebay corsa coilies so cant compare my setup really, but it seems to handle pretty good considering there are no swaybars fitted.<BR>the track surface at prescott is a bit like a carpark (hence the mad tyresqueal eh)<BR>but the cut and reworked k11 rear springs are too stiff for my liking, and the uncut matiz rears will be refitted now that this years trackdays are over

so youre saying that youve only driven on the ebay corsa coilovers?
woudl you say that your setup handles great but can still keep the comfort for daily basis? also, would the matiz rears give the similar drop? or will the rear sit higher?

are the front matiz shocks and springs soft like the OEM k11 shocks and springs or are they abit stiffer? i need something thats abit stiffer than the OEM k11 suspension..

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
cheers guys :)
the cams are timed so that all 4 valves are open nearly 1mm @tdc aki, and yes, filed dowels.
ign timing is about stock

the stiffness will largely depend on the length/ number of coils of the spring nick, if the 8 coil stock one in the pic was rated at "say" 5kg, the 5 coil shortened one will rate at about 8kg believe it or not !
so the stock 11 coil front matiz setup is as soft as stock, mine is down to 8 coils now iirc and quite firm

Back