Ultimate N/A CG13

CMF_Chickenwaahoo

» CMF Member
Hi everyone

I'm a newby here, but not a newby to Micra's and have been visiting this site for a while for info. I thought it was about time to register and ask for some advice.

A mate and I rally a K11 here in the UK, with quite good results so far. We built the car ourselves a couple of years ago to compete in tarmac based events. Apart from the obvious safety stuff the car has Bilstein inverted coil-over struts up front with standard type Bilstein/Eibach at the rear. We've also got Whiteline sway bars both ends.

Performance wise the engine internally is boggo, just with the addition of Janspeed tubular exhaust manifold (extractor?) and Warthogg Motorsport system. The single biggest improvement to the performance is the straight cut 5 speed dog gearbox. With the lower ratio CWP set and LSD on 14" wheels 6800rpm in 5th gear is about 95mph (about 150kph) so acceleration is brisk! we've timed the 0-60mph at just under 7 seconds.

We're just about to start building an engine now and this is where we need your advice. Has any got any guidance on building the ultimate N/A cg13 engine. We're having difficulty getting started because of trying to choose a spec. Has anyone here used Tomeis Procams? Whats the most you can bore a cg13 engine safely? Can you take enough out to get the cg3 forged pistons to fit? Does anyone know of a supplier of stell rods for this engine?

Any advice, no matter what, would be gratefully recieved.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i have had mine bored out 1mm and forged pistons to suit. its holding up fine now and is running about .6 of a bar of boost and is around the 155bhp mark at present (turbo is on its way out so dont want to risk much more). there is loads of places out there that sell stuff...just got to dig deep. as far as the pistons, rods etc visit atomic speedware on net and E-mail them. i got some high performance high lift cams from micrasport.com. but these come direct from pipercams.

Back