a custom plenum grafted onto a cut CGA inlet mani
and a side mounted GA16 throttlebody

Attachments

• 65695.jpg
    65695.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 43

CMF_1275

» CMF Member
Interesting Frank, the backyard Micra thread springs to mind :) not like Erik's super clean workshop build (did anyone ever find out what happened to him?)
Manifold looks interesting, I look forward to seeing more as you progress.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
yes we miss erik,s enthusiasm eh :( perhaps someone upset him ?
just got the mani back from the local tig welder guy (£30 with some 1mm steel sheet for the plenum)
steel that i can diy weld lol

Attachments

• 65701.jpg
    65701.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 33

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
and its not really a build thread tbh, the engine was fitted last week (more a development thread lol)
the GA 16 t/b is fitted to the stock manifold at the mo, and here,s a throttle response vid for comparison, before and after for when the modded one is fitted (the roar is from the intake, which runs through the baulkhead atm :) )

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
it was off the scale lean with the CG t/b, and barely drivable with the GA t/b (anything over 1/4 throttle, it held back really bad), so i guess its gulping more air :)
QG engines have similar coilpacks as CGA,s, so hopefully the QG15/18 injectors will fit

Attachments

• 65722.jpg
    65722.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 43

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"one of a kind frank...

me, or the mani mycra ?
the bigger injectors have done the trick anyway :D 100% off the scale rich at WOT (tho with the limits of the narrowband lambda i dont know how rich, so i may need to drop the fuel pressure a tad ?) and fully closed loop at anything other than WOT or lift :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
here,s the lambda voltage showing closed loop (fuctuating between .3v t0 .7v at cruise) then off the scale rich when floored (.9v+) then closed injectors on lift (0v)

we,ve now knocked that second from the 0 to 60 at long last, but have another 3 weeks till the next RWYB :(
these QG injectors are rated at 211 cc @ 3 bar, 14.5 ohms apparently, and i,m gonna try some softer springs in the fuel p/r/v, to give me some idea "how rich" its running at WOT

Attachments

• 66383.jpg
    66383.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 31

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
done a test rig for the p/r/v :)
the stock one measures 44psi (as it should) and the adjustable one "blew off" at 40psi (stock p/r/v spring but under less pressure)
and road tests show the lambda voltage creeping down at high rpm with the 40 psi one in.
which proves that the stock one is,nt OTT (i might even try a tad more pressure than stock :D )

Attachments

• 66504.jpg
    66504.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 31

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i,ve still gotta make me one will (that one is with its new owner)
i,m running with stock a CGA mani atm, with a GA16 t/b and the red QG injectors

Attachments

• 66508.jpg
    66508.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 33

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"mycra WROTE:

"one of a kind frank..."</div>

me, or the mani mycra ?

the bigger injectors have done the trick anyway :D 100% off the scale rich at WOT (tho with the limits of the narrowband lambda i dont know how rich, so i may need to drop the fuel pressure a tad ?) and fully closed loop at anything other than WOT or lift :)

you and everything else you do....lol

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
we,re running with a different CGA inlet mani now, with the GA t/b turned 180 deg.
so now the GA t/b is using its own idle control system instead of the "cut-off" remote CG i/c/v that i was using

Attachments

• 66573.jpg
    66573.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 31

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
thanks rudy :)
i will have my helmet cam running hopefully, but i,ve just had my damn finger on the mic hole again lol while trying to vid a 0 to 60 :(
i was trying to show a 10 sec run while keeping it below 4k rpm, to show that the 260/10mm inlet cam had,nt sacrificed any lowdown grunt

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"Good to see it's not another car pushing 500+hp and it's something that is in the same frame as the micra

it was my-mate asdame low :)
here,s the specsheet from a k11 that was doing 13,s (hyabusa rods eh :eek: )

Attachments

• 67334.jpg
    67334.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 39

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
SR20 throttlebody fitted :)
i,ve gotta try and iron out some low throttle a/f/r anomalies tho (probably because a 60mm butterfly does,nt need opening as far as a 45mm one at cruise eh)

Attachments

• 67520.jpg
    67520.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 32

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
frank im have trouble with mine sr20 tb... runs almost perfect tuned but at cold, wont start unless give it 10% throttle and hold rev after for a min or 2...then would hold idle without stalling. atm idle is set to 1100rpm

any ideas? :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"frank im have trouble with mine sr20 tb... runs almost perfect tuned but at cold, wont start unless give it 10% throttle and hold rev after for a min or 2...then would hold idle without stalling. atm idle is set to 1100rpm

any ideas? :)

have you cut the coldstart mech off like mine mycra ?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"right thought so.... my sr20 tb didnt come with it... coolent inlet and out straight through... what model did you get ur t/b.

Thanks Frank :)

i,m not sure mate, the almera guy was going to give me an SR16 one, but that was at his engine builder,s, he just said here,s an SR20 one.
i had this black leather mera gti wheel off him too :) (straight fit, functioning airbag light and horn)

Attachments

• 67565.jpg
    67565.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 35

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"hahaha fair enough... figured its a s14-> sr20... im so glad there's a solution..would really piss me off the way its going now..

with the sr20 t/b you find dead spots in mid range?

no its pulling very strongly throughout mycra, off the scale rich at WOT all the way to the limiter (it just slips out of closed loop at very very light throttle cruise)
mine,s a stock ecu tho eh, what management is yours running ?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

(it just slips out of closed loop at very very light throttle cruise)

edit, it was,nt as bad yesterday and i,ve just dropped my misses to work, and the closed looping is working impeccably now :).
damn clever things these ecu,s ! time for another visit to the 1/4 mile

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
yeah id say mine is fine at times...if you have it in the right rev range.. just got it back last week. feel a dead spot at 2200 suspecting old sr20 tps... it running march nismo ecu with nistune daughter board.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"yeah id say mine is fine at times...if you have it in the right rev range.. just got it back last week. feel a dead spot at 2200 suspecting old sr20 tps... it running march nismo ecu with nistune daughter board.

i,ve always found that aftermarket induction kits tend to create a flatspot low down mycra, and have got on better with the ukdm GA16 airbox (tho you lose the induction roar)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
here,s a vid of a 350z catching me 10 secs before the checkered flag/slowdown lap at donington yesterday (fast forward 15 mins 40 secs)

who needs wank factor coilovers when you can get a handling stance like that with bog standard matiz suspension eh :d

Back