Micra Project

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
As you may or may not know i was planning on doing a Micra Trailer (same as SR Neils but not bbq). But ive decided because ill have a spare 1litre engine which is coming out of mine ill do a pickup truck micra.

Now this aint gonna be a normal pickup truck.

Im hoping to do:

very wide arches
18" or 19" if possible very deep dish chrome alloys
custom headlights
custom rearlights
custom wingmirrors (with cameras)
Soft Top (if that is possible)
Coilovers
Full Bodykit
Heat Reactive Paintjob

Now this project is going to take me a long time as im on my own doing this and im expecting this to take at least a year and half minimum.

Anyone got any ideas on what else i should do.

Bear in mind this car will be for show use only and wont be used for road use if you know what i mean.

Regards
A very ambitious Andy

Damn you got there first lol, i've been planning a pickup for a while(seeing as i got a micra trailer already lol) but it has been a distant project because i have more important projects at the mo.

i started thinking about it when i tried to get a boot hatch home from the scrappy with my micra lol, i thought what i need is a pickup. but it would have to be a micra hmmmm... lol

I was going for a proper pickup designed for chucking stuff in the back rather than show...

i would recommend that you put in a chrome roll cage rather than a soft top. I love the idea of a wide arch pickup thou :D

keep us up to date cos i'm very interested in this project ;)

good luck mate,

am trying to do one now m8 :)

oh btw i said coilovers when i actually shoulda put Hydralics ;)

i was planing on doing a pickup and started making a few plans for where to vut the car where it would need strengthening ect.. sound good to me apart from the rimage size :p id rather doa pick up on ultra wide 13" chrome rims on hydros in balck

well picked the micra up tonight and me and my mates who are in on the project are going to decide if we gonna do pickup or trailer. i wanna do pickup but will be a lot more effort than a trailer me thinks.

FYI its been done before. Where? Japan. :D

Along with Primera Utes, Maxima utes, Lucino utes, etc.

Why dont you make a limo micra? Oh dang. They exist in Japan too. :p

euro spec pick-up/ute K11 must include some of the following.

*18" alloys minimum, anything smaller just will not do
*Exhausts that look like rocket launchers!!!
*Not sure about the wide arches though, maybe fenders like taiwanese style.

right started the project yesterday..

PROJECT PICKUP

few pics

Attachments

• 100_2722.JPG
    100_2722.JPG
    583.7 KB · Views: 543
yeh. We weighed up aswell that we were to use the sunroof mechanism and sunroof as a Limo Parition which can be dropped down to have a clear view outside :)

Lots of work has to be done to the body of the car anyway as there is rust in a lot of places and big holes. No problem though :) just harder than i thought now haha. Front end needs sorting out also as it was in a crash. i aint giving up yet haha :)

now...did you get that shell from magpie?........cos if you did, my spoiler came off that very car...lol:glance:

if not, that another White super S thats been decapitated...lol

antony_aiken said:
now...did you get that shell from magpie?........cos if you did, my spoiler came off that very car...lol:glance:

if not, that another White super S thats been decapitated...lol

you are correct about the shell from magpie :)

WOW tha looks the dogs mate!! so very impressed :D keep us updated ;)

BTW when i was looking in to doing a pickup i noticed that my front seats went further back than the partition so i would recommend that you install a seat before you block up the hole in the back. if you'd left the roof on then you could have probably just cut down the seams of the roof and folded it down... but never mind :)

good luck with it mate, and like you said its a perfect time to get all the rust sorted :)

think this car will be getting scrapped as ive no money to fund it atm and no money to store it either. Im consentrating in getting mine back to how it was at donny cause ive still got the big dent in door and scratches from jealous people around my area. :(

Back