• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Kristian's WideArch SR20DE(T) K11 BLOG

shame it wont be done for donny mate. Bring the 1.3 turbo down to unit mate and we will sort something out with bodyshop yeh.

My New Coilovers for the 2.0 Micra:

RS-R..

cimg2024jk7.jpg

Also Got some 0.7mm SplitFire Performance HT leads for the Turbo 1.3..

Ive also ordered some Splitfire Platinum Plugs for the 1.3Turbo which are Bloody expensive! But are yet to arrive!..

Ill post pics tonite..

Pics:

Heres the Leads

cimg2021th7.jpg

And Fitted..

cimg2022ya4.jpg

Heres the new turbo Freeflowing GTIR elbow and HKS downpipe.. also the new alternator in its elevated position..

cimg2020kl3.jpg

Comparable to the old setup

cimg1758gd9.jpg

The New Setup should really release some HP

I placed the exhaust in such a away as to achieve the look...

I like the look and although its redundant on the K11 it still looks good... and also enables me to fit a Huge Backbox

it looks to me like you just ran out of pipe,and instead of going out to get more you just used what you have

im not a big fan of engine conversions to tell the truth ,i think a modified engine that is suposed to be in the car is alot better option (like your turbo 1.3)
but they are fun in a staight line,i know alot of people with LET conversions at 300bhp. fun in some aspects but not practical or a track weapon or a good drive

my 2p

I dont understand what you mean about running out of pipe????

regarding the conversion.. The NISSAN Equlivant of the LET block is actually ALLOY not CAST IRON, This makes a huge difference with regards to this thing not cornering like the Nova/Corsa Equilivant. It wont corner like the 1.3 turbo but with the 225-40-14 tires and widened track it certainly wont be far off.

It all comes down to weight, or specifically the weight over the Front wheels.. having a full fibreglass front and lightening of most, if not all, of the componants this car will be conciderably lighter than a standard micra. Or even a Valver corsa/Nova

My 2p

a wide track doesnt mean good handling,ive also driven an astra mattig (not a turbo car) and that is very bad to drive as it tends to wander all over the road driving normal torque steer is an issue etc.. its O.K on roundabouts but nothing special. i cant think of anything with a much wider track than that

the pipe i meant as it doesnt sit straight like normal

if I wanted it straight Id have lopped of another 20' Degrees off the last 90'' Bend i used and it would sit straight, Also in keeping with the looks it will sit better with the Works rear bumper as this also 'Tapers Up'

Il just have to get a pic to show it really..

Il take one later on and upload it..

Pics as requested..

This shows the Rear of the car without the rear bumper, from a distance..

As you can see its swept up.

The reason for this as ive previously said, is for both asthetic and to have it in keeping with the rear bumper.. As you can see in the 3rd image.. The bumper tapers up so ive matched the Backbox to suit..

cimg2046qj9.jpg

cimg2047bb3.jpg

cimg2044bm5.jpg

The reason for such a Big backbox is because of 3 things:

The 2000cc Engine Produces a lot of noise - More than a 1.0/1.3
The Exhaust is Short - Because a Micra is short.
The Exhaust has a Constant 3'' Bore - For performance from the turbo.

This makes more noise than I want really..

So I wanted to keep the noise within a realistic level.. So fitted a Backbox this big.. Im not going for the biggest exhaust possible.. I leave it to the 1.1 Saxos to do that.

The backbox coincidentally was the smallest I could get with a 3'' Inlet...

I COULD have an exhaust fabricaters get something more refined made up but I want to keep this project within a realistic budget.. I dont want to spend 800 Pounds on an Exhaust for a Micra...

Its obviously complicated things having such a large backbox and im going to have to trim a couple of inches from the tip in order to make Mr MOT happy.

cimg2045nk9.jpg

However the 'Look' I was going for has been achieved.

If you have an opinion as to why this is a poor way of doing it.. please explain.

This is looking great now, better bring it up to Scotland when it's done, bring it up for like Glasgow cruise or something, would get alot of attention and scare a few wee neds in there Corsa's,lol.

The car is looking great Kristian and I certainly like and agree with the way you have fitted the rear section of the exhaust, suits it very nicely.

Kev

Falkirk Cruise is full of...

Well, I don't wanna get banned!!!

A number of people who attend, think that the sun shines out of their you know what!

I hate people like that!

If it isn't a 'Cossie' or a 'Scooby' or an 'Evo' or a 'Skyline' or some other piece of common quick car, then they don't want to know!

And when you set them a challenge, they make excuses!

Flipping kids!!!

I know what you mean. When Kristians 1.3 Turbo was owned by Mr Grassie it got a fair bit of attention when people heard it was a turbo.lol.

The Turbo 1.3 is now putting out a fair bit MORE power now!.. he he..

Looking for a 14sec odd.. quarter with it. Some fibreglass Panels is in the pipeline..

This is being done alongside the fibreglass replacments going on the 2.0...

Im around the highest power output the car is going to have now so Its down to losing some weight..

Might look into some cams..

I dont know.. Its making some very good power now..

The only real problem recently was the idle, which with a NEW dizzy cap, NEW rotor arm and a full service with SAAB 9000 Platinum plugs and splitfire leads and Some Fully Sythetic has sorted out... Cant wait to show the vid from the RR..

At the moment its of the road again for a week or so as im repositioning the intercooler and fitting my modified Super S kit..

Also looking for some new alloys..

Will post pics asap..

Some progress on the 1.3 turbo..

Anybody Fancy an open mouth front Super S bumper?

Steps:

1)Cut away what you dont want..

2)Fill with Expanding foam

3)Cut foam to desired shape when Cured ( 3hours ish )

4)Cover in fibreglass... When this is cured also... you can remove the foam from the inside and reinforce the indide of the bumper with fibreglass..

I might make a Proper guide out of this..

cimg2070jr6.jpg

cimg2074ut7.jpg

cimg2075yn7.jpg

cimg2076pg1.jpg

kris, did you buy your exhaust tube components off the web? if so have you got a link? i'm thinking about making up a 2" version cat back.

Swiper - I did.. it was one of those generic 'bends and straights' sellers..

Sent um a few emails and worked out a deal... Ive got LOADS left over but its all 3'' and 2.5'' ..

I need a few 2.5'' bends now too in order to finish the full turbo exhaust in stainless..

What thickness is the metal?
You MIG welding them together?

Nice bumper work, I gave up on mine, no time to finish it with other projects going

76mm ( 3'' Bore ) - 1.6mm (Thickness) stainless on the 2.0

..and similar on the 1.3 turbo, but 2.25'' on downpipe and 2.5'' backwards from that.

Im using a MIG with Gas and Stainless Wire.

just looking through there, could you please tell me what bends/lengths of pipe you ordered .... or whats needed for custom exhaust ? im gona build a 2-2.5" one.

thanks

msn me, or reply here :)

just looking through there, could you please tell me what bends/lengths of pipe you ordered .... or whats needed for custom exhaust ? im gona build a 2-2.5" one.

thanks

msn me, or reply here :)

i wouldnt really put a 2.5" xhaust on a non turbo car, it may lose you power from what ive heared.... a 2" should be fine.

The New look Turbo micra..

Been making a bit of an effort with the body work..

Now Sporting a Full super S Kit ( Spoiler to go on )

March Rear Lights

Modified front bumper to allow airflow to intercooler ( And looks )

[Very Desireable in VW Circles] RH Ultra Deep Dish alloys Et25 15x7 Alloys..

cimg2079up6.jpg

cimg2080jk1.jpg

cimg2084jw0.jpg

cimg2087ab8.jpg

Just a full respray in white now for the full JDM look

If by some serious problem the 2.0 wont make Jae then this will attend..

looks just like my car now lol :D

nice job on the front bumper there :D well done :D

UPDATES NEEDED, IM MISSING MY MICRA FIX....STARTING TO GET JITTERS....

no realy. hows it going and i want you sparco intercooler..lol

Well ive just purchased my 1st house which is a huge thing..

Im the proud owner of a 3 bed semi now.. !! WEY HEY!!!

because of this ive not been able to do a single thing... im trying to get myself organised still with the house and everything..

Update on the turbo 1.3 soon.. and then a huge one on the 2.0 when I get a chance to move it and take pics of the new parts..

well, my bumper has been cut open......... so need to get some fibreglass and some builders foam... GRR...

how do you put the intercooler in the gap when theres a brace behind it?

oooh and i used a stanly knife to cut mine out, went through like butter, 10 minutes..lol

Back