• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Kristian's WideArch SR20DE(T) K11 BLOG

how do you put the intercooler in the gap when theres a brace behind it?

You can see that the brace is not there it could be routed around the IC, or just discarded and the bonnet held down with pins, also saving a few KG off the lock.

The front brace that you are refering to craig, is actualy still in place now, ive rearranged the whole intercooler set-up now..

The slam panel used to be bolted to the top of the intercooler then the intercooler to the cross member..

Now however th intercooler sits flush on top of the cross member and neatly behind the brace.. this gives it a great position for airflow and looks behind the new bumper..

ill get a pic asap..

Im currently on a mates pc here. more updates very soon...

Been a while.. Ive been possibly the busiest mofo around, moving house and getting all my Shiznit together...

anyhow.. With racing at santa pod, remapping the Turbo micra, Moving my massive tool collection, Painting the turbo micra... etc.etc..

Not had a chance to update anything..

As pics mean more than words on the internet..

Here are a few pics of my current reliable and economical daily driver...

img0308bm7.jpg

img0307gu3.jpg

img0303at4.jpg

img0292xi3.jpg

img0312qe6.jpg

img0300wh2.jpg

img0315fq7.jpg

151 lb/ft of torque max ( The one that counts... )
152 bhp max

PROVEN!

I wont go into the mechanics much, suffice to say 170 CAN and HAS been achieved from this engine and turbo set-up.. Ive changed almost everything about it...

..but wanted some reliable power so made a compromise. I wanted the big 150 lb/ft, so im happy now..

Before I got it painted in gloss white, I removed the rear wiper, badge and lock, In order to give the car a cleaner look. Also the front end was tidied up and ive decided on a stealth intercooler look for the front.. giving, again, a cleaner look..

Bumpstrips removed, pinstripes removed, badges removed, open mouth grill, open mouth Super S Front bumper.

Ive got a few more things to sort before you guys point out the obvious. Such as the front wing repeaters, rear lights and painting the wheels

Still .. im very happy with the Jdm style look ( bar the bonnet ) and the amazing power.. Hope to attend a few meets now..!

I can FINALLY get cracking on the 2.0 now..

opinions...?

Cheers, Im so happy with the car now.. Forget your Saxos and clios..

Ive respectably gone against Modified EVOS and WRX's.. with the Diet this car is on its now a real weapon...

Ive not had the internet for months now so got some catching up to do with the club.. and some posting! ( Sorry )

welcome back Kristian...

glad the house move went well and the turbo K11 looks great, post some daylight images when you can.

Will the 2.0 be done in time for JAE?

Looks fantastic mate - very impressed. (also very jealous!)

What plans you got for the wheels etc? Going white aswell or a different set altogether?

bye bye GTi lol

Cheers, Im so happy with the car now.. Forget your Saxos and clios..

Ive respectably gone against Modified EVOS and WRX's.. with the Diet this car is on its now a real weapon...

Ive not had the internet for months now so got some catching up to do with the club.. and some posting! ( Sorry )

awesome mate. been in this before got sprayed and wow i jealous haha.

Here are some others of it before. during and after the spray. (oh and this is the guy who did my micra before)

btw a few parts of mine are now on a TURBO hehe wooooo haha. cant wait to see the 2litre fella! as soon as its done bring it back here and i will have a look :p

oh btw on the last pic thats me working on the bodywork of the pickup hehe

Attachments

• DSC00272.JPG
    DSC00272.JPG
    711.9 KB · Views: 516
  • DSC00274.JPG
    DSC00274.JPG
    790.9 KB · Views: 483
  • DSC00268.JPG
    DSC00268.JPG
    724.1 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC00276.JPG
    DSC00276.JPG
    632.7 KB · Views: 512
  • DSC00277.JPG
    DSC00277.JPG
    712.9 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC00278.JPG
    DSC00278.JPG
    649.8 KB · Views: 482
  • DSC00279.JPG
    DSC00279.JPG
    696.4 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC00280.JPG
    DSC00280.JPG
    738.1 KB · Views: 431
  • Image012.jpg
    Image012.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 420
  • Image019.jpg
    Image019.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 525
Looks fantastic mate - very impressed. (also very jealous!)

What plans you got for the wheels etc? Going white aswell or a different set altogether?

Keeping the wheels mate, they are quite expensive.. the et15 offset adds to the handleing and the looks..

Im just deciding on a color scheme..

KEV:

Im working all out on the 2.0 when I can. In order to have it done.. hopefully it will be, if not im sure the turbo will suffice.. either way I WILL be attending in a show worthy car..

Hey I just realised that the SR20DE engine (Almera GTi one) that was originally to go in raceworx's car that he sold to kristian... I now own! Small world aint it!

paul: was finished mate.

Well..

The last thing to do on the car was the engine rebuild I wanted.. I want to be totally rattle free and know they the powerhouse is safe for the future. Not knowing the past of this car and engine before I owned it Id rather the piece of mind now..

Will be finished in time for the racing season this year.. possibly some shows and some meets..

Ill route it out mate..

Well I stripped the block down and removed the Head Spacer plate and it seems to have held up perfectly.. Not a mark on it.. However My engine supplier has let me down..

I rang them to confirm they had wat I wanted in Stock but when I saw it today.. it wasn't good enough..

So looking for a 1.3 engine with VERY low milage on it ASAP!!!

Anyone help me out?

Will come and remove and taek away with a cash sale..

It must be Mint and clean though... If I could hear it running, that would be best..

Cheers

i might have just the thing mate.

i bought chie's engine he was rebuilding to turbo a while back.

its got almost new everything!

its on a pallet in my back yard.

needs cams n thats it.

you want it?

mate i had a 1.3l with 19,000 miles on it. you could have sworn the engine was brand new .... every sticker/part number as new etc.

unfotuntly ive just sold the car (made a good few on it) ... wuoldve been perfect doner car :(

and im in northern ireland anyway so suppose you wouldnt come over for it anyway

i might have just the thing mate.

i bought chie's engine he was rebuilding to turbo a while back.

its got almost new everything!

its on a pallet in my back yard.

needs cams n thats it.

you want it?

depends on the cost mate, ive sourced an engine now but if its the right price ill take it..

I'm loving this Micra Kristian! It's so beautiful! And very fearsome too! :p I'd love to see it take on some uppity youth in his Saxo thinking his is fastest! :grinning:

wow, I just realised that my 1st post in this blog was JUST over a year ago. ( 1 year and 7 days )

..and ive had over 28,000 Views... Wow.. must be a record or somthing..

...But I will say that there is a HUGE update very soon showing off all the new performance gear going on the car..

kristian, were did you source your exhaust piping from ? and what did you order ? 2m straight, 50cm 90* bends x 2 ? 50cm 45* bends x2 ? etc etc etc

would really help me out ALOT, still working on the 1600 micra atm (very slowly recently)

looking at your pics through the thread it seems to be:

90* bend x2
45* bend x3

any links ?

how much straight pipe did you need ?

call it 80 quid and im very interested..

what exactly has it got thats new and how complete is it?

will collect with cash if its the right thing..

kristian, were did you source your exhaust piping from ? and what did you order ? 2m straight, 50cm 90* bends x 2 ? 50cm 45* bends x2 ? etc etc etc

would really help me out ALOT, still working on the 1600 micra atm (very slowly recently)

looking at your pics through the thread it seems to be:

90* bend x2
45* bend x3

any links ?

how much straight pipe did you need ?

..For the full micra system to meet standard downpipe-CAT flanges

basically a CAT back and the over axle Backbox,

You will need:

3x flanges ( diameter to suit )

At least 1.0m of straight ( although its very surprising how little you use )

90'x3
45'x3

for a small breakdown, you need 2x 90's to kick the system around the petrol tank, then a 45' to send it up over the rear axle, a 45' to level it over over the rear axle, a 45 to drop it down after the rear axle... THEN..

( if your still following )

...its up to you what angle you use, if you use another 45' the backbox will sit straight and horizontal, if you want the upswept look you will need a 90'...

cimg1718cv2.jpg

This is the best pic ive got showing the construction of the system..
This is just the way ive made it to allow the fitment of a 3'' diameter system on the micra..

..if you used a smaller system you could possibly combine bends, to say use a 45' to throw it up over the rear axle then a 90 to level it out and throw it downwards..

if you follow...

il be coming from the manifold, but il source the front pipework myself

excellent description mate, very helpful.

il be using 2.5", and trying to aqquire a pipe bender for the 90 bends + then welding in flanges, i want to keep the cat/de-cat swap do able for MOT.

or welding it all up like you have using pre-bent steel

were'd you get your flanges ?

cheers :)

cant honestly remember mate tbh.

just needs the sump refitted and cams dropped in and it should be good to go, thats what chie told me.

meet me in the middle at £90 and its yours.

Ill have to have a look at it buddy,

Couldn't take a risk by spending some money skimming then fitting an engine if there is somthing not 'finished' or right about it..

if you could get a rough run down of whats been done and its a low Milage block... ill meet you half way at 90

Ive got a Full Whiteline kit for the 2.0 now

Front Anti-roll bar
Front Upper Strut brace
Front Lower Brace ( might be selling depending on cleareance with the 3'' turbo downpipe )
Front Castor Kit
Front Camber Kit

Rear Anti Roll bar
Rear Panhard Rod
Rear Droplinks

^All Whiteline^

Also some Braided Stainless Brakelines from Goodridge with a Blue coating

pics to follow..

right mate, the engine has got:

- new chains
- new belts
- new tensioner
- head gasket set
- oil take off on sump.

Kristian, is this one on the road (white K11)? I heard the engine was knocking badly or something and you had removed it?

Which one are you refering to?

Im talking about my 2.0 above.. but my 1.3 is white..

Neither have a knocking engine .. Concidering I only use a few car sites and I certainly dont live near you, WHO HAVE YOU 'HEARD THIS FROM'?

Or are you just stirring crap?

I HAVE removed the block from the 1.3 but this was for a totally different reason.

Im looking for an engine management Syastem for the 2.0 now..

Progress people..!!

Cant find my bloody Digi cam!!!..

Well its been a while since ive updated my blog.. Ive got a load of pics I wanna share but looks like im going to have to pick up a new Camera

Ive changed things a little bit now with the car..

With not having the time to do anything to it.. Ive gone on a bit of a spending spree..

Ive decided to double the target Horsepower.. basically.. its one of those all or nothing scenarios.. If I want a little more Hp I need to go forged..

So..

Ive decided to up the engine size with an overbore .. with forged internals.. Sleeves.. massive injectors.. etc.. etc..

...Well the usual gubbins that goes with a 450/500Hp engine..

To reduce the cost dramatically.. Im removing the engine again and dropping it off to have all the work done by a Professional and respected tuners/builders.... This means Ive got an engine-less car to finish the bodywork on.. and strengthen up the chassis further.. Im going to be removing the Full loom that I painstakingly fitted and start to wire the essential electrics needed.. + new fuel pump etc..

Ive changed my mind on the electric waterpump.. ive sold it and im going back to a mechanical one.. Ive relocated the Copper Core Radiator to the very rear of the car.. with the Battery.. There with be an arrangment in the rear of the car for airflow to and from the Radiator..

( Anyone seen the ''Dhaliback ( spell? ) Racing'' VW Golf? )

Well its a similar set up to that..

Which is where the fibreglass boot comes into play...

It will all make a lot more sense When I can get some images up..

thanks

Back