• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Been sorting out a way of recoding my races from incar, heres what i come up with:

Fish eye lens (£5.90) thanks to seb
Joby gorillapod for iPhone 4s (£17.98)

image-15_zpsa3cae6a3.jpg

This gives you an idea of the places it can go!
image-15_zpsabeaf01b.jpg

The lens can stay on my keys!
image-15_zpse141d047.jpg

And heres a short incar video, i think it will do just fine :)

Managed to get a few things done today, first main thing was redo the top altenator mount as the belt would slip and show the battery light. Had lots to take out beforehand and turned out the v-band clamp on the middle of the turbo was very loose and the compressor side had a fair bit of movement in it! There was small signs of oil on that side too so i hope its only because it was slack.

This is the clamp that was loose
image-15_zps36069771.jpg

For the mount i just had to remove what id done previously, screw in a bit of threaded rod, use some nuts to pack the mount off the block and refit and ensure the belt had decent tension this time!

image-15_zps8e9983ba.jpg

New centre support
image-15_zpsfb751866.jpg

Front and back bumper fitted (for crail)
image-15_zps6430f939.jpg

image-15_zps68d1c0a1.jpg

Just awaiting rear springs, front tyres then get the car stripped and washed :)

Cleaned it and already a seagull has emptied itself all over it!!

image-15_zpsb45e2c99.jpg

image-15_zps95434f32.jpg

image-15_zps6fd29443.jpg

image-15_zps0a9c04b2.jpg

image-15_zps8326e578.jpg

Also the car is acting differently since tightening up the turbo. The boost is spiking up to 1.01 bar (not sure why!) and the mpg has suddenly decreased, could it be this new v-power? Need mapped to suit?

praps you,ve altered the position of the wastegate rod stani (clocked it slightly) and its sticking ? looking mint btw :cool:

Yeah that's a good thought frank, so could be a case of loosening the v-band and twisting the turbo till the rod is central if its out, I'll also check the piping for the boost solenoid incase I've disturbed it and its slightly kinked

And the bumpers are growing on me fast, feel like there gonna become a permanent thing lol

Hey Stani, car looks great, bumpers I might have to try on mine;)
Frank is spot mate, tightening the clamp is gonna make the exhaust side pull in a lil bit and stiff the actuator rod, just outta its comfort zone. I had the same prob when I had mi starlet. Used ct9 intake side, bored out ct12 from supra and alive came a turbo. Then the problems start with vibration, undoing what it wants to lol. thumbs up mate your almost fin:D

Cheers mate! And theres no way everyone will vote but at the moment i reckon i have over 50 so far. Its hard to know the approx votes needed ro be at the top. Could be 1000.....

Changed my wheel bearing tonight, what a difference!

how can i find out if my wheel bearing worn out? i bought super s recently so the guy told me that car got wheel bearing problem on the left front. cheers jk

Called JJC today and they basically said the maxsports i ordered have no date for them getting in so will have these by tomorrow, Opinions?

image-15_zpsa1f09605.jpg

I've planned on getting the 595rsr for the track once my T1R is gone.
my cousin who suggested it, tried it last year and is much better than the toyos.

The t1r is quite a soft road compound n construction so it flexes alot and prone to overheating and shredding.

my cousin says the 595rsr is much stiffer and sharper response, compound offers just as much grip but with more consistent & stable temperature without shredding.
seems a good compromise between the £40 soft comfy t1r and £120+ stiffer grippy r888

Paul thats just what i wanted to hear, i nearly just went for the r888 but wanted to try something different. Was the federal or toyo r1-r in the end.

Chris when traction is an issue in 2nd and when your chasing sub 14 sec 1/4 mile times lol

Paul thats just what i wanted to hear, i nearly just went for the r888 but wanted to try something different. Was the federal or toyo r1-r in the end.

Chris when traction is an issue in 2nd and when your chasing sub 14 sec 1/4 mile times lol
can I not just completely let my tyre down lol

Yeah frank its quite big! I think theres too much weight hanging down from it combined with the juddering whilst wheelspinning. Need to get it off and tacked up tomorrow!

have you got a flexi on the downpipe btw stani ?
and you,re losing some pre-turbo pressure there eh ! mine is more snappy since i finally fitted some mani-to-head gaskets this week :rolleyes:

Been sorting out a way of recoding my races from incar, heres what i come up with:

Fish eye lens (£5.90) thanks to seb
Joby gorillapod for iPhone 4s (£17.98)

image-15_zpsa3cae6a3.jpg

This gives you an idea of the places it can go!
image-15_zpsabeaf01b.jpg

The lens can stay on my keys!
image-15_zpse141d047.jpg

And heres a short incar video, i think it will do just fine :)

you have answered my PM here lol
:)

idea stolen

Ok plans for tomorrow are...

Get the manifold off, assess crack. If its a big job get it sorted properly, if not ill tack it up
Fit almera gti wheels with federal 595 RSR tyres 205/50/15 (front only) check brakes whilst there
Hose down and degunk engine bay
Tighten up exhaust AGAIN! The joint keeps swiveling and resting on the chassis.
Fit stock rear springs
Strip most of the heavy stuff out the interior

Fit headlight at crail for obvious reasons!

Don't forget to completely groove out the crack Stani with a grinder. That way you really repair the tubing rather than just laying a bead across the top of the crack :).

Heres a short video from thursday night

Also heres where im mounting my gorillapod for iPhone

Also ive got a proper guy going to weld up manifold for me for free aslong as i buy the sticks

Hope the welding gets sorted alright.

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Hope the welding gets sorted alright.

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Cheers chris, it defo will as the guy works on the tay road/rail bridge and does welding to the structures etc. as soon as macie (my daughter to anyone who doesnt know) falls asleep ill get my dad to keep an eye on her and ill nip out and get the sticks. Also got my tyres fitted to the wheels yesterday and there huge! Hope my arches will survive LOL

Where do I start! Preparations began for crail on Saturday, I started off with fitting the almera front wheel with federal tyres, checked them and they're within the arch and not running at all so was good to keep them on to drive through. I then replaced my 50mm drop rear springs with standard height springs which i gave a quick lick of black, then I stripped out the heavy parts of the interior without going to extreme (need to put it back together ASAP) then it was tackle the cracked manifold, took it all apart and realised the crack was large! So I arranged for a guy I know to weld it, long story short he was unreliable and wasted 3 hours of my night! So a little Facebook plea and I managed to get a welder almost immediately, he picked me up from my house, took me to Arbroath (30 mile round trip) sorted my manifold and didn't want anything for it- LEGEND!!! So I got the manifold refitted last night and took the car out for a test, car was feeling great!

Woke up this morning cleaned the car, got through to crail and it was packed! Cut to the chase here's some videos:

Race 1

Race 2

Race 3

Race 4- where it all went wrong!

You can't see in the video but by the time I reached the end the car was smoking lots, It has to be ring lands or piston rings unfortunately

Good points- awesome traction from the start, think I beat my 14.6
Bad points- top end wasn't great, broke it

In its broken state

BONUS PIC

Back