• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

You should have come over to say hello, im not overly happy with today though. Was just too wet when theres boost involved!

Banzai on the 5th, Bring it on!!

P.s. yours a 1.0ltr?

I was planning to but couldnt see you parked up, only on the strip! haha yeah if it was better weather it wouldve been a great day!

I saw that on the wee leaflet, think im gonna go to it, bring my car this time!

yeah it is so :(

I was planning to but couldnt see you parked up, only on the strip! haha yeah if it was better weather it wouldve been a great day!

I saw that on the wee leaflet, think im gonna go to it, bring my car this time!

yeah it is so :(

1/2 an hour in the queue though between races....i had to leave at 1 so was basically get there get the races done and get away lol

How do you? Hes the man! Not seen him in a while since we went karting in edinburgh well over a year ago :O

Yeah man, met him up Cambu woods, showed him about the tracks ect ( im a mountianbiker like him )

Remember him mentioning you i believe :) he was giving me ideas for my micra :D

1/2 an hour in the queue though between races....i had to leave at 1 so was basically get there get the races done and get away lol

never thought to do it then :oops: haha

will definetely come over at Banzai if I go! I left about 3ish would of stayed longer if it wasnt so cold and rainy haha

We were trying to get my mate to put his little mk1 1.2 sporting punto that we drove up in onto the strip just to see what kind of time he would get but he wasnt having it haha!

Will do skinner :) may have a set of almera GTI wheels for the front, anyone think they might be too big, can only find a 185/55 15 in the rb5 would have wanted wider

Ill get my crail times up a soon as i know them, in the meantime the car is back to family mode lol also this gearbox ive fitted seems to be a 1.0ltr internally as 3rd only goes to near 80mph and 4th about 105mph :( and i have full 6900rpm

Will have to delay purchase of semi slicks due to the girlfriend getting a rather low wage this month from being off ill. Will just run the coopers i have on now and maybe lower the tyre pressures slightly.

My best time from crail at the weekend in the pouring down rain was 16.357 @ 97.2mph

The speed is kind of saying to me that im guaranteed an improved time so time will tell, is it the 5th yet?!

Cooper xeon XTC on the front, theyre good in wet/dry conditions, if i can get good launches in the dry and hit over 100mph at the line ill beat my PB

If you made it to a banzai event your car would steal the show like mines did last year :p this time round its pure racing! Haha, from yours roughly it would be a 3/4hr journey which is alot of driving for 1 day

Yeah I had to check the map, its doable :D i'd be there in no time if only i could average 120mph lol.

It'd be a true test of the cars ability to drive there be abused for a bit then drive home.

Haha its just not possible to average that on the a1 :p it would be a proper test for sure, would it be the 1st time down a strip?

If you made it to a banzai event your car would steal the show like mines did last year :p this time round its pure racing! Haha, from yours roughly it would be a 3/4hr journey which is alot of driving for 1 day
I would like to come up as well

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

What's this rant I hear about sticky floors lol

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

how about a GA16 one stani ? (RS5F31)

Its all the hassle whilst trying to keep my car on the road, i know i can fit the fidanza flywheel with a shim (like armando?) and decent clutch but they dont just mount to the car? And ill need a longer o/s shaft/shorter n/s shaft?

Its all the hassle whilst trying to keep my car on the road, i know i can fit the fidanza flywheel with a shim (like armando?) and decent clutch but they dont just mount to the car? And ill need a longer o/s shaft/shorter n/s shaft?
same casing aint they mate, and same clutch spline, i think its just slightly bigger diff splines ? (swap the inner c/v,s maybe) the shaft length difference is for the longer GA block/engine eh

same casing aint they mate, and same clutch spline, i think its just slightly bigger diff splines ? (swap the inner c/v,s maybe) the shaft length difference is for the longer GA block/engine eh

Yeah they bolt onto our block, im just not sure about rear and RH mounts....

Driveshafts will only be same length if the casings and diffs are the same width as the CG, tried looking at pics but cant find any decent pics of the ga box

I need a 1.3 gearbox in my life! After a 180 mile motorway journey at 3600rpm @ 70mph it just wasnt nice

my 1.3 ran at bout 3100rpm @ 70 on 195/50/15 tyres although with no sound proofing and this muffled boomy exhaust, after 30min or especially after few hrs of driving during my uk roadtrips, my ears r ringing like after a loud concert. prob need some ear muffs.
stereo is pretty much useless at 70mph other than hearing high frequency squealing.
60 is abit more accommodating.

alway wish it had 6th gear or overdrive for cruising

the tyres wont affect the speedo reading tho eh paul (only the true mph)
praps the GA g/box has a more cruise friendly 3.65:1 diff stani ?

Yeah it would be frank, even the 1.3 boxes are good for 70mph cruising. If somehow someone can say its a straight fit and bolt up except driveshafts id be aswell going for it in the future!

Anyone know the speed per gear?

iirc, dale (or cov) on the AOC only had to change the shafts when he removed his GA14 with the RS5F30 micra type g/box, then fitted a GA16 and its RS5F31 g/box stani.
and they have all the ratio,s posted on there iirc (but you need to be a paid member eh)

But the almera engine/gearbox bolt up to each car differently, I really can't just buy the ga box then take my car apart and make it work, I need my car 4 times a week lol but it's something for the future if and when I can afford to run 2 cars :p daily use project cars can be a pain sometimes

Not yet frank, ill hold off till i find a cheap gearbox (and if i have money) ill keep hold of my 1.3 box so i can use it for measurements etc

Got a pair of almera gti wheels, and bought the maxsport RB5 but could only get them in soft......

I have a feeling crails rough surface will ruin them in that day! Got 205/55/15 so should have better grip this time

Also does anyone recommend running slightly flat? Or just go for about 34psi?

i find that, what you gain in traction you lose in rolling resistance stani.
high hp would probably favour low pressures (and visa versa :) )

Cool ok, i can take a psi gauge and pump and do a few runs either way to compare. You dont have a set of rear stock springs do you?

Cool ok, i can take a psi gauge and pump and do a few runs either way to compare. You dont have a set of rear stock springs do you?
fraid not mate :) pod and shakies surface has very fine chippings eh (sort of velvet like, more suited to a soft compound) but if crail has the normal highway chipping surface, then some deep treaded aggressive pattern tyres would probably grip better ?

Ok no probs, and yeah crails like a road but slightly better with all the racing over the years, turns out those tyres i ordered are out of stock! :(

Also got my hands on a set of rear springs for £20 delivered :) just need to call JJ race and rally and see what's going on with my tyres, if they can't do nothing then ill try order them from maxsport themselves and hope that they have them in stock

Back