• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

ton + stani :cool: well done mate (when,s the post mortem ?)

Yup but frank it felt poor top end, im sure it was already damaged from the start. I even said that to my mate in the integra that i wasnt happy with how it felt, post mortem is a while away, need to make sure i have enough bits to put it back to standard lol toying with forge pistons or whatever you recommend fitting ;)

aye the stock pistons are the weak link @ 170+hp eh stani (yours must be nearing 200hp to do 14.3,s)
and the compression height is too low to enable thicker ringlands (the only option is shorter rods eh)

corsa ones look no stronger eh :( and custom ones are £500 !
GA16 engines stand more boost apparently, more weight on the drive wheels and no handling limits on the 1/4 mile :)

Yeah that was IRNBROO I was behind

Car was looking quick :D

Was great was standing in the crowd next to some young guys, you pulled pu next to a teggy and they laughed, I turned and gave them a knowing smile :D

Almost died when I saw their face dropped as you took off :L

Ahah ! Next time you should set up a team and record people reactions and make a picture in picture video montage public reaction/race !

I love overhearing people talking about my car - even when it's twaddle.

Well done today chap. I really like what you've said about wanting to keep it CG but take it as far as you can. Looking forward to seeing what happens when you've saved up for the forged pistons.

Seems like a few of us are blowing up engines recently!

Good luck with it all :)

Yeah must be the time of the year, and cheers! An engine problem will never make me ditch my micra, as I've said it's rust that's the killer, bodywork for me is in the past now, I've got my mag feature so I'm letting the bodywork go its own way now.

Ok the future plans!

Removed turbo engine and all associated bits
Refit original engine and exhaust etc
Buy various bits over next 4 months which include

•New forge pistons and rings
•Block bored and honed to suit new pistons
•Check condition of bearings and replace if necessary
•Check head and block surfaces for skim
•New headgasket, probably a steel one (whichever is recommended)
•Grind valves in and ensure good seal
•200mm clutch which means machined stock flywheel to suit
•CG13 gearbox

best of luck with bedding in some JE forged piston rings, I've had nothing but trouble with em since the start but this last attempt will be my final straw at seeing if all the effort worked. Have some info n paperwork on mine if needed.

maybe get a full crank assembly balancing like mine? slightly less vibration

still think nissans genuine HG is the most cost effective in my setup before going all exotic

200mm helix organic clutch from humphris, will easily handle 160ftlb and the feel is bareable in traffic. Preferably use a one-piece 1.3L fly so it can be lightened n balanced too

1.3L gearbox - weakest bit I found after several trackdays is the input shaft bearing and traction with that much ftlb so LSD would be a good idea to make full use of all that puwer.

summary = £££

I have to admit I think I would send the motor away to be forged... i feel that its a very careful procedure, one of which that would no doubt be too precise for my abilities. Good luck to you stani if you go for it. Once again...stepping things up :D

I have to admit I think I would send the motor away to be forged... i feel that its a very careful procedure, one of which that would no doubt be too precise for my abilities. Good luck to you stani if you go for it. Once again...stepping things up :D

aye if I had the extra money I'd get an engine place to build and dyno the engine block properly before I fit it.
but I don't so I have to do it the old fashioned way

aye if I had the extra money I'd get an engine place to build and dyno the engine block properly before I fit it.
but I don't so I have to do it the old fashioned way
to be honest mate if I had tonnes of expendable I would do it myself :D I could be an adventurer then. I could do that with the standard internal cg with confidence it didn't matter if I ruin the buggers :D

With tight funds i would get a price and save for it. you know what i mean? kudos to you for doing it, but if you have had an utter night mare... then erm.. I would slip on the first hurdle.

Spoke to mike a while a go. Was surprisingly cheap. and has all the blueprints. For CGA and cg

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

can be a pita to get to seal though eh :)
Ed (fusion) had problems getting NIS,s to seal iirc eh Ed, but i guess it was resolved :) i would lightly swage the fire rings like the modern steel single shim type H/G, and then use a light skim of screen sealer both sides

TA V1724-225.jpg

Get on stani. If I have to work at it like crazy. So do you! Come on you will sort it.

Its getting time lol but nah theres no quitting dont worry about that i just cant be bothered because it didnt go my way yesterday but now its a new day, new toolkit, new dry clothes so ill get it built later

Had to borrow a car for the weekend, a 2012 yaris

Its getting time lol but nah theres no quitting dont worry about that i just cant be bothered because it didnt go my way yesterday but now its a new day, new toolkit, new dry clothes so ill get it built later

Had to borrow a car for the weekend, a 2012 yaris

Good luck hopefully it's nothing spectacularly wrong. You sticking with the td04 or getting something a little different?

And I feel for you

Quite interesting to see all this. I've never (other than getting headgaskets to seal) had a problem like all this. Once I sort out my cars I'm getting more and more tempted to do a K11...

Back